syntaxle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why is it important to eat Protein before a workout and Carbs after?

I don't know much about how it all works, but I thought it was along these lines:

The Carbs provide the energy to your muscles so you can lift more without your muscles failing, and therefore tear the fibres better, allowing for more regrowth and size gain.

The Protein is what repairs the muscle tears, making them slightly bigger.

Sugars just help the movement on these nutrients around your body.

If this is true, then why should protein be eaten before a workout, and why carbs after? It makes sense that carbs are required around 90mins before (based on the nutrition thread), in order to give your muscles energy for the workout, and protein after, to start repairing the damage you did IN the workout. But I can't see how Protein prior would be a benefit, because your muscles arn't torn yet and there's nothing to repair, and how carbs after would be, because you've already done the workout and are no longer requiring the energy to lift more.

Cheers for the help

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Along with the carbs pre-workout you want protein also so that you can have aminos in your blood to maximize muscle protein synthesis.

KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You need both Proteins and Carbs, before and after a workout.

Only difference is you eat more post.
    ★★★ I was part of Ultra 2013 Thread Crew ★★★
    No Fap October 2012 COMPLETED!
    Misc Persian Crew
    -->>MMC<<--
    Dorian Yates training = The only way to train!
    M4L Krew Representing!~
    RIP - Az "Zyzz" Sergeyevich :( , The god has fallen, but the legend lives on! <3

Bonnerjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bonnerjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bonnerjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bonnerjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bonnerjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bonnerjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bonnerjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bonnerjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bonnerjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bonnerjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bonnerjs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by syntaxle View Post
    I don't know much about how it all works, but I thought it was along these lines:

The Carbs provide the energy to your muscles so you can lift more without your muscles failing, and therefore tear the fibres better, allowing for more regrowth and size gain.

The Protein is what repairs the muscle tears, making them slightly bigger.

Sugars just help the movement on these nutrients around your body.

If this is true, then why should protein be eaten before a workout, and why carbs after? It makes sense that carbs are required around 90mins before (based on the nutrition thread), in order to give your muscles energy for the workout, and protein after, to start repairing the damage you did IN the workout. But I can't see how Protein prior would be a benefit, because your muscles arn't torn yet and there's nothing to repair, and how carbs after would be, because you've already done the workout and are no longer requiring the energy to lift more.

Cheers for the help
    the reason for the carbs post workout is to replensih glycogen levels... so like its been said, protein and carbs before and after a workout is optimal.
    "If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worth while, it can be done"
    -Vince Lombardi

www.IntenseTrainingGear.com