fabregas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fabregas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fabregas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fabregas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fabregas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fabregas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Have any medications been known to interfer with keto?

I've been on a drug, amitriptyline, since last November to help with a nerve problem I have. It is an anti-depressant for most but for me it is a pain killer. I ask because I have been on my keto plan since sunday and haven't felt anything everyone else listed as feeling when going into ketosis.

One of the side effects of the drug is weight gain but I never had problem with it before and I'm hoping that increasing fat intake so much doesn't trigger this. Though that side effect could just be for the people who use it as an anti-depressant.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    A lot of medications do interfere with weight loss, but I don't know much about how, or even if, they affect ketosis.

Why not post what you eat and how much, and we'll see if there is any clue there. If you have been sliding in a few carby things, it could well take five days to go into ketosis the first time.

Also, have you changed weight at all?
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fabregas View Post
    I've been on a drug, amitriptyline, since last November to help with a nerve problem I have. It is an anti-depressant for most but for me it is a pain killer. I ask because I have been on my keto plan since sunday and haven't felt anything everyone else listed as feeling when going into ketosis.

One of the side effects of the drug is weight gain but I never had problem with it before and I'm hoping that increasing fat intake so much doesn't trigger this. Though that side effect could just be for the people who use it as an anti-depressant.
    Low carb actually helps when you are taking medications like these. I take something similar and I put on about 35 pounds. I took it off with keto.

Here's an article that involves the drug you are taking. It does cause insulin resistance so keto should help you too!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1635794/

fabregas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fabregas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fabregas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fabregas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fabregas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fabregas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by redheadlaw7 View Post
    Low carb actually helps when you are taking medications like these. I take something similar and I put on about 35 pounds. I took it off with keto.

Here's an article that involves the drug you are taking. It does cause insulin resistance so keto should help you too!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1635794/

Oh wow, thanks for that article. I searched around for something like this but had no luck.

also my diet is as follows:

4 eggs
    1 tbsp butter
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    2 fish oil

475 - 40.5 - 6.5 - 32

protein shake
    10g dextrose

160 - 0 - 0 - 24

1 oz. pecans

210 - 21 - 2 - 3

4 oz chicken thigh
    4 cups broccoli
    1 tbsp peanut or olive oil
    2 tbsp caesar dressing
    2 fish oil

570 - 32 - 8 - 27

4 eggs
    1 tbsp butter
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    2 fish oil

475 - 40.5 - 6.5 - 32

I guess i'll wait a few more days before stressing that i'm not feeling anything.

redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oh wow, thanks for that article. I searched around for something like this but had no luck.

also my diet is as follows:

4 eggs
    1 tbsp butter
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    2 fish oil

475 - 40.5 - 6.5 - 32

protein shake
    10g dextrose

160 - 0 - 0 - 24

1 oz. pecans

210 - 21 - 2 - 3

4 oz chicken thigh
    4 cups broccoli
    1 tbsp peanut or olive oil
    2 tbsp caesar dressing
    2 fish oil

570 - 32 - 8 - 27

4 eggs
    1 tbsp butter
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    2 fish oil

475 - 40.5 - 6.5 - 32

I guess i'll wait a few more days before stressing that i'm not feeling anything.
    Not to be a buzzkill here, but the medication you are on is going to require you to be more strict than the average ketoer. You may not be able to do the full carbup without putting on some bodyfat doing it. Try it a few times and see what happens. Diet looks good but I don't see enough veggies in there!

Btw ..what are your stats, ie. weight, height, gender, age?

Originally Posted by redheadlaw7 View Post
    Not to be a buzzkill here, but the medication you are on is going to require you to be more strict than the average ketoer. You may not be able to do the full carbup without putting on some bodyfat doing it. Try it a few times and see what happens. Diet looks good but I don't see enough veggies in there!

Btw ..what are your stats, ie. weight, height, gender, age?
    Yeah I don't plan on doing regular carb-ups maybe every other week.

Stats:

male
    weight: 150 15%bf
    height: 5'10

Yeah I don't plan on doing regular carb-ups maybe every other week.

Stats:

male
    weight: 150 15%bf
    height: 5'10
    Looks like you're set! Try it for a few weeks and keep us all posted!