healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

what does this diet look like to you?

Trying to maximize lean muscle mass and lose body fat

MEal 1: 1/2 -1 cup of kashi go lean with skim milk OR 1/2 cup of oatmeal with protein powder and blueberries

Meal 2: 1/2 of plain lowfat yogurt, dash of cinniman and 2 pineapple rings

MEal 3: 3oz of chicken breast, 3 egg whites, 1/2 mixed peppers

MEal 4 (preworkout meal): 6oz of white fish (tilipia/cod); 6-8 asaragus

Meal 5 (post workout): protein shake with water; 10 almonds

Meal 6: large spinach salad, tomato slices, cucumber(no peel) and 4 oz chicken breast
    Dressing = 1tbsp olive oil and vinegar.

I am also taking glutamine in the morning with 2 omega3 fish oil pills and glutamine before i go to bed on an empty stomach.

Thoughts please???

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by healthy525 View Post
    Trying to maximize lean muscle mass and lose body fat

MEal 1: 1/2 -1 cup of kashi go lean with skim milk OR 1/2 cup of oatmeal with protein powder and blueberries

Meal 2: 1/2 of plain lowfat yogurt, dash of cinniman and 2 pineapple rings

MEal 3: 3oz of chicken breast, 3 egg whites, 1/2 mixed peppers

MEal 4 (preworkout meal): 6oz of white fish (tilipia/cod); 6-8 asaragus

Meal 5 (post workout): protein shake with water; 10 almonds

Meal 6: large spinach salad, tomato slices, cucumber(no peel) and 4 oz chicken breast
    Dressing = 1tbsp olive oil and vinegar.

I am also taking glutamine in the morning with 2 omega3 fish oil pills and glutamine before i go to bed on an empty stomach.

Thoughts please???
    Looks pretty good. I even see fruits and veggies represented...maybe not quite enough fat. Make sure you're getting AT LEAST 1/4g per pound of bodyweight (more would be better).

I'd suggest adding a serving of carbs and rearranging them so you have a decent source of pre and post workout carbs. I'd add some sweet potato or brown rice to M4, move your pineapple to M5 and your blueberries and 10 almonds to M2, replacing the plain yogurt with 0% greek yogurt to get as much protein in that meal as possible. M6 should be eaten pretty soon after M5 (which isn't really a meal, but a "fast" source of replenishment assuming you've torn it up at the gym). Depending on how you end up feeling over time, you may end up wanting to add some more complex carbs to your current M6 (I personally would start with carbs there). Part of "maximizing lean mass" IS going to mean including fueling your workouts and eating enough to recover as well as possible.

Especially at an overall deficit, there's no reason to go to bed on an empty stomach. Your body is still hard at work recovering from the stresses of the day (including your strenuous workouts!) as you sleep. A high protein meal (from a more complete source than just one amino!) with healthy fats will give your body what it needs to accomplish that. It doesn't look like you have a lot of calories to shift around, so maybe try spreading your meals out a little differently. Moving M2 to the M6 spot and eating current M3 a little bit earlier while spacing other meals out a little more could allow for some cottage cheese (or greek yogurt) and nuts prior to bed.

healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Amanda76 View Post
    Looks pretty good. I even see fruits and veggies represented...maybe not quite enough fat. Make sure you're getting AT LEAST 1/4g per pound of bodyweight (more would be better).

I'd suggest adding a serving of carbs and rearranging them so you have a decent source of pre and post workout carbs. I'd add some sweet potato or brown rice to M4, move your pineapple to M5 and your blueberries and 10 almonds to M2, replacing the plain yogurt with 0% greek yogurt to get as much protein in that meal as possible. M6 should be eaten pretty soon after M5 (which isn't really a meal, but a "fast" source of replenishment assuming you've torn it up at the gym). Depending on how you end up feeling over time, you may end up wanting to add some more complex carbs to your current M6 (I personally would start with carbs there). Part of "maximizing lean mass" IS going to mean including fueling your workouts and eating enough to recover as well as possible.

Especially at an overall deficit, there's no reason to go to bed on an empty stomach. Your body is still hard at work recovering from the stresses of the day (including your strenuous workouts!) as you sleep. A high protein meal (from a more complete source than just one amino!) with healthy fats will give your body what it needs to accomplish that. It doesn't look like you have a lot of calories to shift around, so maybe try spreading your meals out a little differently. Moving M2 to the M6 spot and eating current M3 a little bit earlier while spacing other meals out a little more could allow for some cottage cheese (or greek yogurt) and nuts prior to bed.
    THANKS so much Amanda, I appreciate the response and will relook at your suggestions and try them out!

Was just re-looking at my meals again...this meal plan was made up by a very successfull and wellknown bodybuilder/fitness trainer here in canada...

but i feel the calories are kinda low for it...i could be a little off since i did it caloriecount.com, but it looks to be just over 1200...when i was tracking before i was eating about 1500 cals...however the macros for this diet are like dead on 50/25/25 (p, c, f).

Just wondering what you think about this Amanda (or Kimm) or anyone!

Thanks!!!

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Was just re-looking at my meals again...this meal plan was made up by a very successfull and wellknown bodybuilder/fitness trainer here in canada...

but i feel the calories are kinda low for it...i could be a little off since i did it caloriecount.com, but it looks to be just over 1200...when i was tracking before i was eating about 1500 cals...however the macros for this diet are like dead on 50/25/25 (p, c, f).

Just wondering what you think about this Amanda (or Kimm) or anyone!

Thanks!!!
    I personally wouldn't start with cals that low and would add cardio before dropping cals to that point. If I had absolutely 0 time for cardio and had to create more of a deficit, that few cals is something I'd do only very short term.

The macros are good though. If you raise total cals by adding that serving of carbs pre-workout and then control your carbs from dairy (by having lower carb/higher protein options like egg whites instead of milk in the morning and cottage cheese intsead of yogurt) and then add another serving of fat and tweak a little from there you should be able to keep it about the same macro-wise.

diet revamped a little

Hi amanda (or anyone else who reads this!),

Still have the same goals, just changed up the eating a bit, thoughts please!?

MEAL 1 Protein pancake:

3 egg whites
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    1 scoop Protein powder
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    sprinkle in some cinnamon
    1/4 cup sugar free syrup

MEAL 2: 3oz chicken breast

2oz egg whites

8 asparagus spears

-cook together

MEAL 3: 4oz flank steak

4oz sweet potato

? cup of broccoli

MEAL 4: (pre workout) 150ml-1% cottage cheese

2 pineapple rings

MEAL 5: 3oz chicken

2oz flank steak

large spinach salad-add green/red peppers

MEAL 6: if still hungry: 4-6 egg whites

What do you guys think? Also any recommedations for a subsitute for cottage cheese--i hate it, i'm a texture person...what about skim milk ricotta?

Thanks guys!!

^^^^anyone???^^^^

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You don't give calories/ totals.... So that would help in looking to see if it was ok.
    It is NOT about the 'food' you eat - rather it is about if you are meeting your needs for cals/ carbs/ protein/ fats.... The types of foods help with micronutrient intake (vitamins/ minerals etc) and they also help with your energy levels and your workouts - but they are not going to be the determinants of weight gain/ loss.

Anyway - to me, the diet seems to consist of protein and vegetables. Which is fine if you only want to eat protein and vegetables - but it would be:
    1. lacking if heathy fats
    2. lacking in micronutrient variety
    3. likely to make you hungry and cranky due to lack of fats and adequate carbs
    4. likely to leave your workouts lacking energy due to lack of good intake around your workouts

Some specific points
    MEAL 1 Protein pancake:
    3 egg whites
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    1 scoop Protein powder
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    sprinkle in some cinnamon
    1/4 cup sugar free syrup
    I'd add some fat to this meal....

MEAL 2: 3oz chicken breast
    2oz egg whites
    8 asparagus spears
    -cook together
    Same with this.

MEAL 3: 4oz flank steak
    4oz sweet potato
    ? cup of broccoli
    This is fine... Would do better to have this pre workout (sweet tato)

MEAL 4: (pre workout) 150ml-1% cottage cheese
    2 pineapple rings
    I'd not use this pre workout...
    Could swap with meal above.
    I'd use a different fruit.
    And add fat.
    Ricotta would be fine though

MEAL 5: 3oz chicken
    2oz flank steak
    large spinach salad-add green/red peppers
    PWO meal - would add carbs here.

MEAL 6: if still hungry: 4-6 egg whites
    You'll be hungry...
    And I'd actually have a proper meal here....

Hi! Thanks for the input.

I'm actually having omega3s everyday for healthy fats too. With Meal one ive been adding flax seeds now and meal 2 always with olive oil. Meal 3 is still preworkout, i have it about 2-3 hours before i work out and the ricotta/pineapple is about an hour and a bit before work out.

I just started it this week, so I guess we'll see how i feel. thanks!

ohhh and i just entered all that into a program to give me the breakdown and i left out the omega3s and flaxseed -- am at work, dont have time to look it up and the breakdown was 50p/25c/25f