MissDarque has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissDarque has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissDarque has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissDarque has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissDarque has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissDarque has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissDarque has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissDarque has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissDarque has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissDarque has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissDarque has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to get that nice shoulder cap?

What exercises are good for developing bigger shoulder caps?

Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000) Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000) Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000) Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000) Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000) Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000) Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000) Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000) Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000) Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000) Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MissDarque View Post
    By shoulder caps, I assume you mean delts?? lol Sorry, I'm just not familiar with a lot of the lingo used around here, but I'm doing my best! I like Front and Lateral DB raises and Arnold Presses. Right now I'm doing Clean and Press, BB Behind the Neck Military Presses, Lying Down Rear Delt Raises, and Upright DB Rows.

Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MissDarque View Post

Front and lateral raises. If you really want to make them pop and looking for something more advanced, use a heavy nautical rope of 10+ feet,and do it in an explosive motion so the rope moves in a wave motion. Get a good warm up before going into that so you dont rip a cuff. Besides that I like powerbands for rear delt definition. Hope that answered your question.

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes, front and lateral raises are great. Also overhead press. I'm still working on mine, trying to get them to pop out even more. I like the "capped delts" look too.
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by heidismommy View Post
    Yes, front and lateral raises are great. Also overhead press. I'm still working on mine, trying to get them to pop out even more. I like the "capped delts" look too.

Delt raises side and front, but do a hold at top for 5-60 secs. Obviously do lighter weight the longer the hold, but you get the idea.

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Fabs23 View Post
    Delt raises side and front, but do a hold at top for 5-60 secs. Obviously do lighter weight the longer the hold, but you get the idea.
    Thank you for the advice. I tend to work them like every other muscle group, in the 8-12 rep range. Maybe I'll try this to switch things up.

Thank you for the advice. I tend to work them like every other muscle group, in the 8-12 rep range. Maybe I'll try this to switch things up.
    It will definately make them pop, be hard and give you a couple extra lines. just be sure to keep your form extra tight, breath consistently on the hold and have a clock of some sort in front of you. If you are feeling stress on your clavicle or anything but a good burn in the shoulders re'evaluate your form. Dont make any plans that involve lifting kids, groceries immediately after cause your delts are going to me smoked.

It will definately make them pop, be hard and give you a couple extra lines. just be sure to keep your form extra tight, breath consistently on the hold and have a clock of some sort in front of you. If you are feeling stress on your clavicle or anything but a good burn in the shoulders re'evaluate your form. Dont make any plans that involve lifting kids, groceries immediately after cause your delts are going to me smoked.
    They're already hard and I'm lean enough that I can tell that I could use more growth in that area. Oh, but my delts are already smoked after my shoulder workouts. They're so fatigued I cannot lift my arms above my head. Even writing is difficult until that subsides :P. That I don't mind. I think I just need to do something a bit different to break through my plateau. I've actually grown substantially (I started out very underweight), but I could use even more muscle .

Mine pop out a little bit when I'm flexing: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...dQVc1F0187.jpg
    Last edited by heidismommy; 11-12-2009 at 09:37 AM.

They're already hard and I'm lean enough that I can tell that I could use more growth in that area. Oh, but my delts are already smoked after my shoulder workouts. They're so fatigued I cannot lift my arms above my head. Even writing is difficult until that subsides :P. That I don't mind. I think I just need to do something a bit different to break through my plateau. I've actually grown substantially (I started out very underweight), but I could use even more muscle .
    I wouldnt go making a workout out of delayed raises then. If anything use different devices instead of dumbbells and cables. Like I said before I am an advocate of the rope raises for size. I just looked at your prof and you got the definition covered, **** I should be asking you what YOU do for definition.

For straight size I usually do an arnold press then front and side rope raises as cornerstone exercises (longer rest periods), i already told you what i do for definition which I think you got the definition part down pretty well. SOmetimes I'll do a plate raise 360 around my head. that will add some overrall roundness too.

I wouldnt go making a workout out of delayed raises then. If anything use different devices instead of dumbbells and cables. Like I said before I am an advocate of the rope raises for size. I just looked at your prof and you got the definition covered, **** I should be asking you what YOU do for definition.

For straight size I usually do an arnold press then front and side rope raises as cornerstone exercises (longer rest periods), i already told you what i do for definition which I think you got the definition part down pretty well. SOmetimes I'll do a plate raise 360 around my head. that will add some overrall roundness too.
    Unfortunately right now I'm stuck using dumbbells and resistance bands for shoulders since I work out from home. I may try to go up in weight, do fewer rep. Or maybe I'll "run the rack", I've heard that's good to get things kickstarted. I might not be getting quite enough calories to expect much more (if any) muscle growth, so I may have to bump that up a bit too. Eventually I'll get a gym membership and have other options. That roundness, that really big cap, is something I'm trying to attain. I'm getting there, just very slowly. Thank you so much for the advice and for the compliment too!
    Last edited by heidismommy; 11-12-2009 at 09:53 AM.

Unfortunately right now I'm stuck using dumbbells and resistance bands for shoulders since I work out from home. I may try to go up in weight, do fewer rep. Or maybe I'll "run the rack", I've heard that's good to get things kickstarted. I might not be getting quite enough calories to expect much more (if any) muscle growth, so I may have to bump that up a bit too. Eventually I'll get a gym membership and have other options. That roundness, that really big cap, is something I'm trying to attain. I'm getting there, just very slowly. Thank you so much for the advice and for the compliment too!
    You're welcome, you may lose some abs when you go on a calorie add. Didnt know you werent at a gym, that makes matters way more complicated. I'll have to think on that one for a while, i guess off the top of my head arnold presses and headstand pushups (dont laugh they work..use a wall for balance) would work. I'm sure some more obscure exercises will pop in my head, ill let you know when/if they do..

Now I'd like to know your ab routine!

You're welcome, you may lose some abs when you go on a calorie add. Didnt know you werent at a gym, that makes matters way more complicated. I'll have to think on that one for a while, i guess off the top of my head arnold presses and headstand pushups (dont laugh they work..use a wall for balance) would work. I'm sure some more obscure exercises will pop in my head, ill let you know when/if they do..

Now I'd like to know your ab routine!
    Yeah, I've heard that and I'm prepared to lose a little bit. Though bulking up to this point I've be able to stay pretty lean so I'm hoping if I do it slowly I'll be able to avoid unnecessary fat gains. Ooh, those headstand pushups sound hard, but I may have to give them a try. Thanks again and I'll send a pm about the abs .

SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Upright rows have really added size to my shoulders. They were even more pathetic before I added them. That and I love seeing the muscle and definition in the mirror while doing them.
    Me vs. Me: Lifting with UCTD: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170084343

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Can somebody explain what a shoulder cap is?
    My shoulders are growing in size, but I am not really sure if I have capped delts LOL.