Thread: L-Arginine?

I_Am_Rock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

L-Arginine?

ok so i bought this L-Arginine from walmart in the vitamin section its brand is spring valley its 500 mg and you take too pills 3 times day i was wondering if this is an ok supplement and if it works like any other L-arginine product or if i should buy a different brand not from walmart?
    (Life Is Like Rain It Pours Down Hard And Heavy, But When Its All Over What Counts Is The Growth.)-Josh Newsom

CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by I_Am_Rock View Post
    ok so i bought this L-Arginine from walmart in the vitamin section its brand is spring valley its 500 mg and you take too pills 3 times day i was wondering if this is an ok supplement and if it works like any other L-arginine product or if i should buy a different brand not from walmart?
    depends what you want out of it..

1.5g is a fairly low dose

for a pump take it pre workout 4-6 pills with plenty of water and vitamin c

if you really want a ridiculous pump take some garlic with it

for gh release..

try taking 4-6 pills at night before bed for gh release and NO production

also look into Citrulline Malate, its way better than l-arginine

Mr. Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr. Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr. Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr. Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr. Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr. Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr. Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr. Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr. Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr. Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr. Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Worst tasting powder, ever.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CaptMcClain View Post
    depends what you want out of it..

1.5g is a fairly low dose

for a pump take it pre workout 4-6 pills with plenty of water and vitamin c

if you really want a ridiculous pump take some garlic with it

for gh release..

try taking 4-6 pills at night before bed for gh release and NO production

also look into Citrulline Malate, its way better than l-arginine
    I don't think 2-3 grams of Arginine will do much for GH. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15809017

When arginine is combined with another potent stimulator of GH - intense exercise - the GH response is markedly less likely due to a negative feedback mechanism or a refractory period in stimulation. So one has to question the true effect when taken before bed.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    I don't think 2-3 grams of Arginine will do much for GH. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15809017

When arginine is combined with another potent stimulator of GH - intense exercise - the GH response is markedly less likely due to a negative feedback mechanism or a refractory period in stimulation. So one has to question the true effect when taken before bed.
    des provided me with some conflicting studies on it..when I said the samething you just did about SP250 and its arginine content

lemme see if I can find the post..

sorry in10city, I fail at searching I guess

I did pm des though

seanpreynolds1 is just really nice. (+1000) seanpreynolds1 is just really nice. (+1000) seanpreynolds1 is just really nice. (+1000) seanpreynolds1 is just really nice. (+1000) seanpreynolds1 is just really nice. (+1000) seanpreynolds1 is just really nice. (+1000) seanpreynolds1 is just really nice. (+1000) seanpreynolds1 is just really nice. (+1000) seanpreynolds1 is just really nice. (+1000) seanpreynolds1 is just really nice. (+1000) seanpreynolds1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    l-arginine is an amino acid that has numerous functions in the body. It helps the body get rid of ammonia (a waste product), is used to make compounds in the body such creatine, L-glutamate, and L-proline, and can be converted to glucose and glycogen if needed.

L-arginine is used to make the nitric oxide, a compound in the body that relaxes blood vessels. Preliminary studies have found that L-arginine may help with conditions that improve when blood vessels are relaxed (called vasodilation), such as atherosclerosis, erectile dysfunction, and intermittent claudication.

L-arginine is also involved in protein formation. In larger amounts, L-arginine stimulates the release of hormones growth hormone and prolactin

L-arginine may lower blood pressure because it is involved in the formation of nitric oxide. It may also result in indigestion, nausea, and headache.

L-arginine should not be used following a heart attack. If you have a history of heart disease, consult your doctor before taking L-arginine.

Higher doses of arginine can increase stomach acid, so it may worsen heartburn, ulcers, or digestive upset cause by medications. Arginine appears to increase stomach acid by stimulating the production of gastrin, a hormone that increases stomach acid.

L-arginine may also alter potassium levels, especially in people with liver disease. People with kidney disease and those who take ACE inhibitors or potassium sparing diuretics should not use supplemental L-arginine unless they are under professional supervision. It may also alter the levels of other chemicals and electrolytes in the body, such as chloride, sodium, and phosphate.

Arginine may increase blood sugar levels, so it shouldn't be used by people with diabetes unless under a doctor's supervision.

Pregnant and nursing women and children should not use supplemental L-arginine, as it's safety has not been established.

People with genital herpes should not take L-arginine because it may aggravate their symptoms.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CaptMcClain View Post
    des provided me with some conflicting studies on it..when I said the samething you just did about SP250 and its arginine content

lemme see if I can find the post..
    I know that there is likely going to be a difference effect in the fed state vs. fasted or with the co-ingestion of other nutrients. But the night time nutrient intake to try to stimuate GH often is zero carbs and the last meal placement is several hours before hand. The effect on artificial vs. natural pulsatile and net 24 hr effects needs some massaging.

I wouldn't be too worried if it did before exercise anyway. Intra-muscular growth factors are likely more important.
    Last edited by in10city; 11-12-2009 at 09:54 AM.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.