TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000)

Hitting the "wall"

When doing keto others have said that they hit the "wall", have serious brain fog where they feel stupid, have smelly pee and bad breath. On day nine now of Polumbos keto diet and I must say that besides some brain fog on day 5 or 6, i have not hit the "wall". I stay hydrated throughout the day so that could be why my piss and breath doesn't smell. I recomped my carb intake and added fiber which puts me at around 30 g carb and 27 g fiber. Is it "necessary" or a must to feel like utter sh^t when doing keto? Just wondering If im doing something wrong or what not?

Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    In my own exp on day 3 of the keto diet for me I hit a bad "wall". I was at work at had just finished lunch (2 cans tuna, 2 tbls mayo) and I just felt like going to sleep bad. I could not think to save my life so I laid down for 10min and felt way better afterwards. I also drank a whole lot of water the entire time. Everyone is different I guess.
    To break down barriers you must ignore limits

TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Seyton View Post
    In my own exp on day 3 of the keto diet for me I hit a bad "wall". I was at work at had just finished lunch (2 cans tuna, 2 tbls mayo) and I just felt like going to sleep bad. I could not think to save my life so I laid down for 10min and felt way better afterwards. I also drank a whole lot of water the entire time. Everyone is different I guess.
    Yeah thats what I'm saying, I know at one point I stood up and it felt like I was in the twilight zone for about one minute. If hitting the wall means being sleepy at times then yes I do get that way throughout the day, mainly in between the meals. People say you will know when you are in keto, but they only way I have been able to judge that im am indeed in keto is to continue monitroing my weight and bf%. Any others want to post there experience of hitting the wall or experiencing other sides of keto, would appreciate it.

Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you are only on day 9 or so .. after about 3-4 weeks of keto your energy is insane. I dont get tired anymore sometimes its hard for me to sleep. And my sex drive has gone crazy with this diet. I have more energy without carbs than I ever had in my entire life.

Edit* Let me rephrase that. My energy is always at one level I do not have ups and downs anymore. Its a really great feeling to jump up out of bed at 6:30 and not be tired or drowsy.
    Last edited by Seyton; 11-11-2009 at 07:48 AM.
    To break down barriers you must ignore limits

Originally Posted by Seyton View Post
    you are only on day 9 or so .. after about 3-4 weeks of keto your energy is insane. I dont get tired anymore sometimes its hard for me to sleep. And my sex drive has gone crazy with this diet. I have more energy without carbs than I ever had in my entire life.

Edit* Let me rephrase that. My energy is always at one level I do not have ups and downs anymore. Its a really great feeling to jump up out of bed at 6:30 and not be tired or drowsy.
    Yeah I do realize that I'm early into keto. I have begun to recognize how much more awake I am at night also despite me being tired at times througout the day, whcih could be my job also lol, when it comes to lifting I still have decent enough energy levels to continue to push for a 30-45minute lift session.

Also is ten days into keto long enough to have a carb-up meal?
    Last edited by TheRagingboxer; 11-11-2009 at 08:00 AM.