CurlCurlCurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Damn, why can't I squat right

When I first began squatting, I didn't care about the form and just did what felt most comfortable to me. I don't know if I was doing it right or not, but my quads felt really good. For some reason I can't get that feeling in my quads anymore. I started to look at form videos to try and make sure I am doing it right. I just can't do the dip right. I always feel the weight in the front of my feet rather than the heels. If I space my legs apart more, the knees bow out as I go down, causing pain. If they're close, it doesn't really feel like it's hitting the right muscles. If I try to make the legs shoulder width apart, I just feel the weight on the front of my feet. I forcefully try to make my hips bow outward before I do the dip, but as I go down, my hamstrings become very tight and won't let me go down any further. I notice that if I try to keep my head pointed straight instead of down, I tend to lose balance and take a few steps back as I go down in the squat.

lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Go light and start all over until you get it right.

Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Post video please.
    I have no E-stats to post but this is my Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142431291

unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000)
    post a vid and tell us what kind of squat you are trying to do.

just from reading though, sounds like you really need to work on your flexability of hips, glutes, and hamstrings. although, there may be more problems.
    i'm hungry

Team Boss Barbell Club Rsardinia's Avatar
    Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Try stretching your calves first before you squat to help keep your heels on the ground.

Real World Boxing Advice djartek's Avatar
    djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    flexibility and mobility you need it!
    Youtube.com/PalacBoxing
    I'll answer your boxing and combat questions. Just PM me
    "Patience, persistence, determination, and an unstoppable drive to be better than yesterday."

thegreek21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegreek21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    only new here, but perhaps using a smith machine would help keep the weight where you want it until you improve your technique.

Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by lilcrate View Post
    Go light and start all over until you get it right.
    ^^^This.
    Originally Posted by Donkeyno9 View Post
    Post video please.
    ^^^Also this.

Originally Posted by thegreek21 View Post
    only new here, but perhaps using a smith machine would help keep the weight where you want it until you improve your technique.
    ^^^Since your new here I'll give you a tip, prepare yourself.
    My workout log ---> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133269973

Real World Boxing Advice djartek's Avatar
    djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Beachman View Post
    ^^^Since your new here I'll give you a tip, prepare yourself.
    Did you know that every time you squat in the smith machine...
    Youtube.com/PalacBoxing
    I'll answer your boxing and combat questions. Just PM me
    "Patience, persistence, determination, and an unstoppable drive to be better than yesterday."

Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What is this dip you speak of?

As suggested early, cut the weight back, dial in the form, and go from there.

Smith machine would reinforce bad form.