Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
    I wasn't going to say it, but what the heck.

Back around 1990 I was around 225 and started going to the gym and lifting along with the old stand by, the Stairmaster. At this time I worked from 6:00am to 2:30pm each day and on my way in I would get one pack of those chocolate donuts, every day!!!! I lost weight at around one pound a week and worked my way down to a very nice 189 before my then girlfriend, now wife, started complaining that I was to skinny!

My meaningless point is that you could go on the Pizza Hut diet, or Taco Bell diet, or Ben & Jerry's diet, and if you do it right it will work!

Now back to my regularly scheduled sarcasm!
    I hate it when your posts make a point, albeit meaningless, but nevertheless, a point.
    pick it up and put it down

plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Astro_Gym View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOoi5XZhbEg

Any opinions?

I've used this method for the last 4 months and have continued to lose weight slowly... though I'm not positive there's a correlation. Thoughts?
    without a doubt the most under rated diet going........

other than the "moose tracks" ice cream diet that is.........now that diet is da bomb

skiboyny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Astro_Gym View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOoi5XZhbEg

Any opinions?

I've used this method for the last 4 months and have continued to lose weight slowly... though I'm not positive there's a correlation. Thoughts?
    I have read through the 2 pages of replies that follow this post and while it seems that most (all) readers on the board disagree with the Pop tart thing no one has said why. I have always been confused about post workout nutrition but from all I have read there is a window of time, and you have to mix protein with simple carbs and within a certain ratio. So why not a Pop tart?

Registered User DeathtoToasters's Avatar
    DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by skiboyny View Post
    I have read through the 2 pages of replies that follow this post and while it seems that most (all) readers on the board disagree with the Pop tart thing no one has said why. I have always been confused about post workout nutrition but from all I have read there is a window of time, and you have to mix protein with simple carbs and within a certain ratio. So why not a Pop tart?
    In theory it sounds good, it is just not the best way to do it, at least I don't think so.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    This thread is a joke, right?

ROFLMAO at the ingredient list of "Pop Tarts:"

ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACINAMIDE, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE [VITAMIN B1], RIBOFLAVIN [VITAMIN B2], FOLIC ACID), SUGAR, DEXTROSE, VEGETABLE OIL (SOYBEAN, PALM, COTTONSEED AND/OR HYDROGENATED COTTONSEED OIL? WITH TBHQ AND CITRIC ACID FOR FRESHNESS), CORN SYRUP, WHEY, CRACKER MEAL, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, COCOA, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF CORNSTARCH, COCOA PROCESSED WITH ALKALI, SALT, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA, SODIUM ACID PYROPHOSPHATE, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE), MODIFIED CORN STARCH, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES, SODIUM STEAROYL LACTYLATE, GELATIN, DRIED EGG WHITES, DATEM, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL?, MODIFIED WHEAT STARCH, XANTHAN GUM, NATURAL VANILLA FLAVOR, CARAMEL COLOR, SOY LECITHIN, CALCIUM PHOSPHATE, COLOR ADDED, NIACINAMIDE, REDUCED IRON, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B6), RIBOFLAVIN (VITAMIN B2), THIAMIN HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B1), FOLIC ACID.

I would not feed this crap to my dog.
    How about the "all-natural" variety? I really like the unfrosted, whole-grain ones that are made with cane sugar instead of HFCS. They actually taste like a berry popover.

Of course they might be all natural, but they're still pastries, so there's no way I could eat them every day, but a box every couple of months (It actually takes me a couple of months to eat all six pastries . ) doesn't seem to doing me any ill.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    while it seems that most (all) readers on the board disagree with the Pop tart thing no one has said why.
    See response #6 on page 1

I have always been confused about post workout nutrition but from all I have read there is a window of time, and you have to mix protein with simple carbs and within a certain ratio. So why not a Pop tart?
    No, this is a myth. Any carb source post workout will be equally effective for bodybuilding purposes.

Dain_Bramage will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dain_Bramage will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dain_Bramage will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dain_Bramage will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dain_Bramage will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dain_Bramage will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dain_Bramage will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dain_Bramage will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dain_Bramage will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dain_Bramage will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dain_Bramage will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    We have a doctor (who's pretty jacked BTW) telling us to have sugar PWO and it's a big deal? Sure there are better ways than a pop tart but he is making a point people will remember. Plus I've seen many people around here say a calorie is a calorie, it doesn't matter if you eat chicken and rice or big macs and fries, if calories in are greater than calories out you gain the same, and vice versa for losing, so I don't see this being a big deal.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ok i just finished watching it and here are my thoughts:
    1. the post workout window is very real if you want to perform at 85% or higher on your NEXT workout. That doesn't mean that eating 1 hour later won't work but your body is just ripe to absorb nutrients when he states. Just my personal exp.
    2. carbs and protein work together perfectly. He references hormones which i know little about but simple sugars(bananna?) or a pop tart if you like them makes sense.
    3. we all know about the protein shake, but recent studies say 1/2 b4 and 1/2 after maximizes the shakes efficiency/absorption.
    4. He suggests you TRY IT for 1 week b4 you call it bull . I always say do this because knowledge is evolving and a close minded HEll NO! could have you missing out.
    5. he suggests 30-45 of cardio after lifting which we all know, and suggests we will grow some lean mass using his formula.

I hate pop tarts, but what is 1 week to test out 1 man's theory.

DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nobody is saying the theory is not correct....just that an actually pop tart is not the best choice.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DeathtoToasters View Post
    Nobody is saying the theory is not correct....just that an actually pop tart is not the best choice.
    So offer up YOUR list of better alternatives.

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I prefer to just mix my vanilla whey with orange juice. But most folks seem to be rejecting the un-natural pop tart when in theory I personally do agree with the guy. I just wouldn't do pop tarts........ for one reason the dang things are addicting! Best to stay away!
    Was friends with Methuselah

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    Fruit, a bagel, oj or other juice, etc..... etc......... etc.
    Was friends with Methuselah

I like having just a regular shake, then about 45-60 min later having a meal.

and NO not a Milk Shake and a Pop Tart meal.

Oh and the type of meal depends on the time of day that I workout. If it is later in the day, I eat different type and amounts of carbs as I seem to be very carb sensitive at night.

I like having just a regular shake, then about 45-60 min later having a meal.

and NO not a Milk Shake and a Pop Tart meal.
    Well using his 35-45 min window theory, you best get a carb in with that shake asap.

Well using his 35-45 min window theory, you best get a carb in with that shake asap.
    You are right...using his method I would....but I am not, so I won't. I get my carbs in after my workout just fine....no worries.

popmoon is on a distinguished road. (+10) popmoon is on a distinguished road. (+10) popmoon is on a distinguished road. (+10) popmoon is on a distinguished road. (+10) popmoon is on a distinguished road. (+10) popmoon is on a distinguished road. (+10) popmoon is on a distinguished road. (+10) popmoon is on a distinguished road. (+10) popmoon is on a distinguished road. (+10) popmoon is on a distinguished road. (+10) popmoon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
    I wasn't going to say it, but what the heck.

Back around 1990 I was around 225 and started going to the gym and lifting along with the old stand by, the Stairmaster. At this time I worked from 6:00am to 2:30pm each day and on my way in I would get one pack of those chocolate donuts, every day!!!! I lost weight at around one pound a week and worked my way down to a very nice 189 before my then girlfriend, now wife, started complaining that I was to skinny!

My meaningless point is that you could go on the Pizza Hut diet, or Taco Bell diet, or Ben & Jerry's diet, and if you do it right it will work!

Now back to my regularly scheduled sarcasm!

Good point ,Very SimiLAR to my eating cake everyday story and losing weight - if you burn more than you consume you are still going to lose weight .

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by popmoon View Post
    Good point ,Very SimiLAR to my eating cake everyday story and losing weight - if you burn more than you consume you are still going to lose weight .

Something to be considered is that losing "weight," and losing bodyfat are two entirely different things, especially in the context of the site on which this is being posted.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    First and most of all, it's NOT A DIET! Unless of course you want to call mixing whey with OJ the Orange Juice Diet.

The guy has come up with a gimmick to capitalize on an already widely accepted practice known as nutrient-timing after strenuous exercise.

So he calls it the "Pop Tart Diet" and viola, he gets a bunch of youtube hits and forum discussions while generating publicity for himself and his laser practice.

I feel duped. I'd neg the OP but quite frankly, since I looked at the entire video I'm just as guilty.

popmoon is on a distinguished road. (+10) popmoon is on a distinguished road. (+10) popmoon is on a distinguished road. (+10) popmoon is on a distinguished road. (+10) popmoon is on a distinguished road. (+10) popmoon is on a distinguished road. (+10) popmoon is on a distinguished road. (+10) popmoon is on a distinguished road. (+10) popmoon is on a distinguished road. (+10) popmoon is on a distinguished road. (+10) popmoon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Something to be considered is that losing "weight," and losing bodyfat are two entirely different things, especially in the context of the site on which this is being posted.
    I said in my previous post it was not a healthy way... but if you drop 10lbs with exercise some of that will be fat but the loss of protein will probaly lead to a lot of muscle as well .