Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Exercises that you are fond of that you never see anyone doing

...waiting for some smart@ss to say "deadlifts".

I'll start.

goblet squats

renegade rows
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

Registered User skinnybastard28's Avatar
    skinnybastard28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnybastard28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnybastard28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnybastard28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnybastard28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnybastard28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnybastard28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnybastard28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnybastard28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnybastard28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnybastard28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    deadlifts
    Bench To Chest 150 x 1
    Squat 200 x 1
    Deadlift 265 x 1

StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by skinnybastard28 View Post
    deadlifts
    I knew someone would say it.
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The Snatch and the C&J
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

Woolly_Manmoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woolly_Manmoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woolly_Manmoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woolly_Manmoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woolly_Manmoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woolly_Manmoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woolly_Manmoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woolly_Manmoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woolly_Manmoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woolly_Manmoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woolly_Manmoth will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bear crawls!!!!!

Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by skinnybastard28 View Post
    deadlifts
    I never see anyone doing deadlifts at the Y..
    My Blog:
    http://want-2-b-healthy.blogspot.com/

Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good mornings
    " ----------I`m your Huckleberry......'"

John Adams

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Dips!

I love to do dips, I get such a great upper body workout from them. Hardly ever see anyone else doing them.
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

► ► ►Dirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts ◄ ◄ ◄ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

Registered User DeathtoToasters's Avatar
    DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000)
    freeweights

IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000)
    Never have tried, but been at least a dozen years since I've seen anyone do floor presses (at a Powerhouse gym). Did see a couple young guys doing French presses (standing) a few days ago; that was a first in a long time.

One I am fond of; reverse barbell shrugs.

snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by StressMonkey View Post
    ...waiting for some smart@ss to say "deadlifts".

renegade rows
    I see these all the time

Originally Posted by gbg View Post
    The Snatch and the C&J
    got a guy who's a collegiate shot putter at my gym who does these. Got another guy who played college and mL baseball that does these as well

I'm feeling like a noob because I had to Google at least 3 of the exercises mentioned.

Originally Posted by gbg View Post
    The Snatch and the C&J
    Originally Posted by Woolly_Manmoth View Post
    Bear crawls!!!!!
    Originally Posted by Nikonguy View Post
    Good mornings
    Definitely!

Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    Dips!

I love to do dips, I get such a great upper body workout from them. Hardly ever see anyone else doing them.
    Seriously? That's crazy. I rarely see people doing weighted dips but regular dips definitely.

Originally Posted by IR45N View Post
    Never have tried, but been at least a dozen years since I've seen anyone do floor presses (at a Powerhouse gym). Did see a couple young guys doing French presses (standing) a few days ago; that was a first in a long time.

One I am fond of; reverse barbell shrugs.
    I've never seen anyone do floor presses or French presses. I like reverse barbell shrugs also.

I actually had no idea what floor presses were.

Originally Posted by snoack View Post
    I see these all the time

got a guy who's a collegiate shot putter at my gym who does these. Got another guy who played college and mL baseball that does these as well
    I never see anyone doing renegade rows. One time when I was doing them an employee of the gym came up to me and said "Wow! Those look tough!"

ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I workout alone and rarely see anybody at my little apartment's gym...

so, everything?

Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Bulgarian split squats.

snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I never see anyone doing renegade rows. One time when I was doing them an employee of the gym came up to me and said "Wow! Those look tough!"
    we've got an interesting mix of people at my gym. Got a few high school athletes (mostly basketball and lacrosse players from what I can tell), the shot putter I mentioned earlier, a few BBers...and, of course, the usual mix of clueless people.

agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lying DB curls.

hemingersl is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemingersl is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemingersl is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemingersl is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemingersl is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemingersl is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemingersl is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemingersl is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemingersl is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemingersl is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemingersl is on a distinguished road. (+10)

seriously, lol

Seriously though deadlifts are one of those exercises that no one seems to want to do. Its part of my program and has been, reguarly for years but I'll be damned if I ever see any guys at the college weight room doing it. Why? Its a tough, uncomfortable lift that takes more effort than the majority of guys are willing to put in and its not a glory lift like barbell bench press. The same thing goes for good mornings.
    I swear if I see another turd in the weight room doing chest for the the third time in a week while walking on matchsticks I'm going to blow a blood vessel in my forehead, lol!

Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Good mornings
    Damn.

Low box squats, Glute-ham raises, reverse hypers.

hemingersl is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemingersl is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemingersl is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemingersl is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemingersl is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemingersl is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemingersl is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemingersl is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemingersl is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemingersl is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemingersl is on a distinguished road. (+10)

floor presses

That's not too surprising though that you don't see anyone doing floor presses. Really, its a specialty strength lift for assisting powerlifters with the spot that a bench shirt stops assisting the bench press...a few inches above the chest. I used to see it all the time in the gym I lifted in in Goshen Indiana but then again, we were all training for power meets, lol!

I'm feeling like a noob because I had to Google at least 3 of the exercises mentioned.

Definitely!

Seriously? That's crazy. I rarely see people doing weighted dips but regular dips definitely.

I've never seen anyone do floor presses or French presses. I like reverse barbell shrugs also.

I actually had no idea what floor presses were.

Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

No real idea why a bb'er would do them. Great for PL'ers who wear a bench shirt to work the portion of the lift where the shirt gives out, and good to do things like overload the CNS to improve things related to a 1RM, but given the lack of ROM, not sure how non-PL'ers would get much out of them.

Pain! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pain! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pain! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pain! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pain! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pain! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pain! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pain! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pain! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pain! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pain! is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The bent press.

Originally Posted by Arlecchino View Post

Low box squats,
    couple guys at my gym do these

Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Damn.

Low box squats, Glute-ham raises, reverse hypers.
    Would do if had equipment.

John Adams

Registered User White_Chocolate's Avatar
    White_Chocolate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Chocolate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Chocolate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Chocolate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Chocolate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Chocolate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Chocolate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Chocolate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Chocolate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Chocolate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Chocolate has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I would say conventional deadlifts. I see lots of people doing romanian & SLDL but I never see people go low enough where their legs are parallel to the floor. The ROM is much harder than the other ones I see... specially for people with long legs like me.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Barbell Lunges
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Would do if had equipment.

You can do these with a power cage. I do. Put the bar all the way down to the stops, put weight on it, lock your heals, and you are good to go.

deadsheepmill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) deadsheepmill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) deadsheepmill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) deadsheepmill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) deadsheepmill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) deadsheepmill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) deadsheepmill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) deadsheepmill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) deadsheepmill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) deadsheepmill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) deadsheepmill has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Barbell Rows - I think only me and one other guy do these. I probably shouldn't b/c of my L5-S1, but they don't bother me, and I'm careful with my form and weight.

Deadlifts - maybe 3 guys tops.

Real calf work - OK, lots of people 'train' their calves, but it's almost always that bouncy half ROM BS.

Originally Posted by Rhinoclan View Post
    You can do these with a power cage. I do. Put the bar all the way down to the stops, put weight on it, lock your heals, and you are good to go.
    Hmmmm....I'll have to give that a try. Thanks.

John Adams

groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    F**k that.....I'm not telling
    If you never get OUT of it.....you'll never have to "get back into it"

pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No real idea why a bb'er would do them. Great for PL'ers who wear a bench shirt to work the portion of the lift where the shirt gives out, and good to do things like overload the CNS to improve things related to a 1RM, but given the lack of ROM, not sure how non-PL'ers would get much out of them.
    That's like saying why would non-PL'ers do rack pulls/partial deads? Good for size imo, I get a great pump doin' floor presses for higher reps. Haven't done 'em in a few months but still.