G I JoE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

squatting/leg exercises burn more fat...?

^^^ yeah the title.. this big lad was telling me about how doing alot of squats can generally help u lose fat around the abdomanal area and your 'love handles' though i find it hardly convincing.. but i want to really loose some abdomanal fat..
    been doing alot of cardio i can tell me arms/upper body are getting more defined.. however my lower centre of my body, in this case the abs area still have some fat and my body is begining to look abit wierd.. any advice or suggestions?
    G.I.JOE beleive it and you'll achieve it.

Starting MMA Classes NOW! shivastorm's Avatar
    shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by G I JoE View Post
    ^^^ yeah the title.. this big lad was telling me about how doing alot of squats can generally help u lose fat around the abdomanal area and your 'love handles' though i find it hardly convincing.. but i want to really loose some abdomanal fat..
    been doing alot of cardio i can tell me arms/upper body are getting more defined.. however my lower centre of my body, in this case the abs area still have some fat and my body is begining to look abit wierd.. any advice or suggestions?
    I highly doubt squatting will get you to lose fat. The best you can do with squat would be to burn maybe around 100 calories if you go intense as hell. The only way to lose love handles is through cardio, and that's the last place where you will burn fat. After all, the first place where men gain fat is on their stomach.

concept is just really nice. (+1000) concept is just really nice. (+1000) concept is just really nice. (+1000) concept is just really nice. (+1000) concept is just really nice. (+1000) concept is just really nice. (+1000) concept is just really nice. (+1000) concept is just really nice. (+1000) concept is just really nice. (+1000) concept is just really nice. (+1000) concept is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by G I JoE View Post
    Squatting 20+ minutes is more or less a high intensity aerobics.
    "If you immediately know the candle light is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago"

FAHall is on a distinguished road. (+10) FAHall is on a distinguished road. (+10) FAHall is on a distinguished road. (+10) FAHall is on a distinguished road. (+10) FAHall is on a distinguished road. (+10) FAHall is on a distinguished road. (+10) FAHall is on a distinguished road. (+10) FAHall is on a distinguished road. (+10) FAHall is on a distinguished road. (+10) FAHall is on a distinguished road. (+10) FAHall is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Burning fat is about creating a relative caloric deficit (few calories than BMR and activities combined, but never fewer than BMR). Doing squats, especially at a high volume will burn alot of calories both during the exercise and afterwards as your body repairs itself.

Spot losing fat is not something that can be obtained through different training. If that were the case then all obese people who eat tons of food would have skinny faces, and that just doesn't happen. To spot lose fat you would have to alter hormonal levels, which can be done naturally (I do not recommend hormonal supplements of any kind to teens). The trick with fat is that different hormones decide where fat will be stored. You can look up the different locations online. Cortisol tells the body to store it in the stomach. Quick and easy ways to reduce cortisol are to get more sleep, meditate or use other recovery techniques, and reduce stress in your life.
    When doing those things you will not reduce your overall bodyfat percentage (a caloric deficit is needed to do that), but you may be able to get your body to reallocate its fat stores more evenly.

Hope this helps,
    Alexander Hall
    Owner/Personal Trainer/Nutritional Consultant

Vault: Strength and Aesthetics

www.vaultstrength.com

Alex@vaultstrength.com

bobvila has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bobvila has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bobvila has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bobvila has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bobvila has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'd say the huge calorie count your body takes with heavy squatting will cause you to burn fat. Both during and after squatting your body is eating calories like crazy. I don't think it would hurt at the least.

Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you cant spot reduce, squatting does burn calories, since it is a hard task if you go heavy and work near failure/to failure
    Last edited by Roger999; 01-25-2007 at 03:31 AM.

Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You cant spot reduce dude, it isnt possible.

Your fat will coem off with good diet (btw what cardio). You are a guy, most of your fat is in the gut, its gonna be the last fat storage bit to go.

I know man... it sucks.

Squatting... well, its sure as heck gonna use alot of calories just to load the freaking bar up.

as for the ab thing, squatting will build up your core, with alot of weight on your back your body is activating every muscle it can to make sure you are completely stable, and alot of the muscles come from your abs/core.

G I JoE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey cheers m8s,

well taking in accound into what you are all sayin if i keep doing my cardio training then would i end up being stick man with a barrel belly..? lol sounds daft but im really caucious,.. i have lost fat everywhere, my tit bits are taking shape.. but its just this gut.. i dont want to have gain muscle then losing it for this stupid belly to go
    G.I.JOE beleive it and you'll achieve it.

canadaian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you build up a large muscle it will burn calories throughout the day, to a point.

Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    We should squat no matter what!!
    On 5/3/1.