24/7 Customer Service 1-866-236-8417 Need Help? 1-866-236-8417

Stats: 205 lbs
    penitantman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit penitantman's BodySpace

Carb up day on a CKD keto diet

Im doing my first KETO diet for cutting im 196 Pounds and 15%BF. Ive done loads of research and im happy with the mid week keto diet, its the carb up which is causing me a headache. From my calculations, over six meals I should be eating about 800g carbs which is working out around 150g per meal. This sounds an astronomical amount and unless I eat a bowl of pasta the size of my own body I cant work out how to physically get so many carbs into my system, without throwing up!

What would you advise?

Fruit seems to be a good way forward as the carb levels are all high but its all sugar and as I understand will only replace glycogen in my liver and not the muscles? Whats your take?

Thanks for the advice

Stats: 5'7", 155 lbs
    BodyPoints: 31351
    jaim91 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jaim91 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jaim91 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jaim91 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jaim91 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jaim91 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jaim91 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jaim91 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jaim91 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jaim91 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jaim91 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit jaim91's BodySpace
    Are you sure those are the calculations for a 1-day carb up vs. a 36 or 48 hour one?
    Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146273283&p=911273403&posted=1#post911273403

Twitter: FrigginLean
    YouTube: Jaim91

Unless you faint, puke, or die....keep walking
    - Jillian Michaels -

Stats: 205 lbs
    penitantman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit penitantman's BodySpace
    [QUOTE=jaim91;407087441]Are you sure those are the calculations for a 1-day carb up vs. a 36 or 48 hour one?[/QUOTE

it said a 24-30 hour period so my calculation was 800 g carbs, I may have made a mis calc and simply split it between 6 meals as in a normal 24 hour period and not included the meal on the friday night which would make 7 meals.

still, thats about 100g carbs which seems an awful lot to find?

any ideas?

Stats: 5'10", 195 lbs
    sadice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sadice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sadice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sadice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sadice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sadice is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Visit sadice's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by penitantman View Post
    Im doing my first KETO diet for cutting im 196 Pounds and 15%BF. Ive done loads of research and im happy with the mid week keto diet, its the carb up which is causing me a headache. From my calculations, over six meals I should be eating about 800g carbs which is working out around 150g per meal. This sounds an astronomical amount and unless I eat a bowl of pasta the size of my own body I cant work out how to physically get so many carbs into my system, without throwing up!

What would you advise?

Fruit seems to be a good way forward as the carb levels are all high but its all sugar and as I understand will only replace glycogen in my liver and not the muscles? Whats your take?

Thanks for the advice
    I carb up woth about 500g in 24 hour period, i start friday at about 8pm and eat last time saturday about 7-8pm... I loose my 2lb a week and pretty happy.. got more weight and bf% then you... g/l

Stats: 6'0", 239 lbs
    BodyPoints: 8423
    CanuckTank has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CanuckTank has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CanuckTank has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CanuckTank has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CanuckTank has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CanuckTank has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CanuckTank has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CanuckTank has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CanuckTank has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CanuckTank has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CanuckTank has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit CanuckTank's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by penitantman View Post

What would you advise?

Thanks for the advice
    What I would advise?

Stop dieting and start training. Are you seriously thinking you need to diet? You are practically a stick.
    Like Brutis...you can do dis.

Stats: 5'9", 218 lbs
    BodyPoints: 573
    Dirty Shoez is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dirty Shoez is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dirty Shoez is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dirty Shoez is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dirty Shoez is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dirty Shoez is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dirty Shoez is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dirty Shoez is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dirty Shoez is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dirty Shoez is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dirty Shoez is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit Dirty Shoez's BodySpace
    Methinks the picture in the avatar must be old. Very old. Either that, or you did an MMA-like shed-weight-a-thon in the sauna before snapping that picture.

Drop carbs to 500 or so and see what happens. 800 seems like way too many. Worst case scenario, you sneak a sandwich mid-week. It happens.

Los_Diablo has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Los_Diablo has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Los_Diablo has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Los_Diablo has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Los_Diablo has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Los_Diablo has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Los_Diablo has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Los_Diablo has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Los_Diablo has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Los_Diablo has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Los_Diablo has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    We're all different but this is the way I do mine. May not be "correct" but it works for me

Meal 1: Low fat protein + Dry carb
    Meal 2: Low fat protein + Fruit
    Meal 3: Low fat protein + Dry carb
    Meal 4: Low fat protein + fruit
    Meal 5: Low fat protein + Dry carb

I usually add 2-3 servings of skim milk this day and a desert as well.

On my non carb up days it's all about fattier but affordable sources of protein plus LOTS of green veggies. Carb up day it's things like egg whites, white meat poultry, and white flesh fish plus fruit and things like oatmeal and brown rice.

I don't count calories or anything like that. Just follow a basic layout.

Carb up is usually once a week, sometime once every ten days instead depending on how I feel.