Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Confused (need advice & opinion) - Serious

I'm a good Bodybuilder when I want to be, self control for me is a big thing and I've mastered it.. I can eat clean and workout properly and still continue to have results. ONE thing changes for me though and It's doing me a big impact I was hoping to get some opinions.

When I'm doing good in working out and eating right I turn very emotional and depressed. I see absolutely no positivity to anything, I feel like I'm in a cloudy state and day in and out its the same thing. I feel too much so to say and I don't know how to turn my attitude around, when I try It doesn't last very long and I'm back to being in my own thoughts and upset. I feel like I'm being judged and etc and I don't stand up for myself..

When I have a binge or eat dirty food I'm back to being happy and outgoing and normal. I'm very talkative, I feel good energy and have no negative thoughts, I don't let anyone bring me down and I'm overall feeling great! Not that I cheated, just the fact that things are great no need to be depressed.

------------

This has happened to me on several occasions. Same set of patterns somehow are associated and I don't know what to do or what it is that I AM doing wrong that's causing this?

============

My Diet:

Morning - 7:00am - Protein Shake with Non-fat milk (2 scoops)
    8:00am - Coffee black with splenda
    10:00am - Protein Shake with non-fat milk
    12:00am ( Gym)
    1:00pm - 2 Veggie Burgers (36p/20c/??f), some fruit (grapes)
    3:00pm - 1 veggie burger (18p/10c/??f)
    4:00pm - Coffee black with splenda
    7:00pm - 1 Veggie Burger and protein Shake with milk before bed

====================
    Training: (Gym @ Work and sometimes 24 hour)
    I've been going mostly during my lunch though..

Monday - Cardio Day (5 miles, 2 running outside, the other 3 on machine) - Lunch Break
    Tuesday - Arms (Biceps & Triceps) 4 different routines each, 4 sets of 10, last set of lifting till failure) - Lunch Break
    Wed - Cardio Day (5 miles, 2 running outside, the other 3 on machine) - Lunch Break
    Thursday - (Chest & Back) 4 different routines each, 4 sets of 10, last set of lifting till failure) - Lunch Break
    Friday - Cardio Day (5 miles, 2 running outside, the other 3 on machine) - Lunch Break
    Saturday Or Sunday, Usually Legs, Shoulders and anything else I'm lacking. (same routine)

So what am I doing wrong and why do I become emotional?

Is there anything I can take for this?
    Last edited by Darkwatcher758; 11-05-2009 at 09:23 AM.
    "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful."

Dden is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dden is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dden is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dden is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dden is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dden is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dden is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dden is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dden is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dden is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dden is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well things effect people in different ways. It seems to me that the lack of carbs is doing it?

Slowly diminishing fatty SoSadBtTrue's Avatar
    SoSadBtTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoSadBtTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoSadBtTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoSadBtTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoSadBtTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoSadBtTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoSadBtTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoSadBtTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoSadBtTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoSadBtTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoSadBtTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Darkwatcher758 View Post
    My Diet:

How many cals is this? Maybe you're dropping your cals too low. That makes me miserable. You need a moderate caloric deficit, not a huge one.

Used2be300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Used2be300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Used2be300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Used2be300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Used2be300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Used2be300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Used2be300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Used2be300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Used2be300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Used2be300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Used2be300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If I followed that diet, i'd be deperessed too. Dude, get some variety up in that beast! It's like your a robot following the same path every single day! I'd try that. One can't ALWAYS be stuck on the same thing for too long. Drives ya nutty.

-Justin
    Jan. 1st 2008 - 290lbs
    Present - 206.6 lbs on a cut.
    Supplements: Dymatize Elite Whey, Cellucor C4 Extreme, Opti-men, ON Fish Oil

Why I train?
    -Police Officer-Healthy lifestyle-Feel great!-Energy!-Confidence-Personal goals

Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Dden View Post
    Well things effect people in different ways. It seems to me that the lack of carbs is doing it?
    I believe that might be the case Dden, I figured OK to low in carbs so I incorporated a bowl of brown rice on a daily basis but I still felt like crap. The bowl of rice was about 60grams worth which I split up with my 2 meals.

Half at 1pm, Half at 3pm..

When I eat carbs, my body tends to get very swollen looking and bloated like crazy..
    "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful."

Dden is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dden is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dden is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dden is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dden is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dden is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dden is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dden is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dden is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dden is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dden is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I believe that might be the case Dden, I figured OK to low in carbs so I incorporated a bowl of brown rice on a daily basis but I still felt like crap. The bowl of rice was about 60grams worth which I split up with my 2 meals.

Half at 1pm, Half at 3pm..

When I eat carbs, my body tends to get very swollen looking and bloated like crazy..
    Yea it will do that when you deprive your body of them so i would maybe try to rice for a couple more days to see how you feel and if that doesnt work id maybe check some of the supplements you are taking if any?

Yea it will do that when you deprive your body of them so i would maybe try to rice for a couple more days to see how you feel and if that doesnt work id maybe check some of the supplements you are taking if any?
    Mostly Green-Tea Caffinee and some NanoVapor N0 when I workout..

So you think it's mostly carbs and not having a variation of choices for lunch? Do you believe the bloating will go away when I continue to eat complex carbs on a regular basis. I mean, I really get swollen up that my jeans don't fit, it's odd but when I stop and sweat out a lot I'm back to normal status. It's odd.

It's just a pain in the ass to go home and try to make meals everyday.. (That's an excuse though, BS.) I know.

Mostly Green-Tea Caffinee and some NanoVapor N0 when I workout..

So you think it's mostly carbs and not having a variation of choices for lunch? Do you believe the bloating will go away when I continue to eat complex carbs on a regular basis. I mean, I really get swollen up that my jeans don't fit, it's odd but when I stop and sweat out a lot I'm back to normal status. It's odd.

It's just a pain in the ass to go home and try to make meals everyday.. (That's an excuse though, BS.) I know.
    That seems to be it and are you vegatarian? Because if not i would throw some chicken and lean steak in your diet instead of the veggie burgers?

skydve76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skydve76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skydve76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skydve76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skydve76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skydve76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skydve76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skydve76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skydve76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skydve76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skydve76 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Add some sugar into your diet and account for it in the calories. Have some during your working day and you'll feel better.

Also, I recommend eating more in the morning and less at night. You are eating more at night and hardly anthing at all in the morning.

I do the same stuff, I keep asking others "Is something wrong" because I feel uneasy.

I'm on a 1600 cal diet now and its tough. I find adding sugar and accounting for it really has perked me up, and the fat keeps burning off.

I don't know why, but drinking diet rite pure zero (tangerine) also helps pick me up. Odd.

That seems to be it and are you vegatarian? Because if not i would throw some chicken and lean steak in your diet instead of the veggie burgers?
    You know bro, I'm not.. I used to buy turkey burgers 8 to 10lbs of steak and chicken. It's just a pain in the ass to cook them on the weekends that I got veggie burgers simply because of the convenience of popping it in the microwave and eating it.

I figured 18grams of protein is protein and 10grams of carbs is good.. It's all about protein right?

Thanks skydve76,

I was thinking of adding some of those vanilla creamers in my coffee in the morning, I love em but I hear they're high in calories.

You know bro, I'm not.. I used to buy turkey burgers 8 to 10lbs of steak and chicken. It's just a pain in the ass to cook them on the weekends that I got veggie burgers simply because of the convenience of popping it in the microwave and eating it.

I figured 18grams of protein is protein and 10grams of carbs is good.. It's all about protein right?
    Well not really, it also provides you with some quality calories wich might help with your energy level because your cals are veryyyy low. Also a breast of chicken has a decent amount of potasium.

skydve76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skydve76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skydve76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skydve76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skydve76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skydve76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skydve76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skydve76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skydve76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skydve76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skydve76 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was thinking of adding some of those vanilla creamers in my coffee in the morning, I love em but I hear they're high in calories.
    How much cofee you drinking? No more than 1 small mug recommended. Otherwise your sugar levels will drop too much.

I still recommend adding the sugar in the form of a snack, like I eat 1 piece of twizzlers "pull and peel" halloween size around noon and I feal real good. Its 0g fat and only 40 cals. I account for in my diet.

In reality, the sugar is probably having a placebo effect but if it works, so be it.

Well not really, it also provides you with some quality calories wich might help with your energy level because your cals are veryyyy low. Also a breast of chicken has a decent amount of potasium.
    If I up my calories, should they come from more protein sources or up my carbs as well?

How much is a good range for carb intake for the day say if you're cutting? It seems a majority of time my carb cravings come out at night, I don't binge but I occasionally break down once in a while. I know some things have to change, I'm not in denial.

Originally Posted by skydve76 View Post
    How much cofee you drinking? No more than 1 small mug recommended. Otherwise your sugar levels will drop too much.

I still recommend adding the sugar in the form of a snack, like I eat 1 piece of twizzlers "pull and peel" halloween size around noon and I feal real good. Its 0g fat and only 40 cals. I account for in my diet.

In reality, the sugar is probably having a placebo effect but if it works, so be it.

I'll try it, I'll keep an open mind.

About 2 cups, one early in the morning in a big mug and another one at 4pm.. I get awful headaches if I don't get some coffee at 4.

mightttt want to be careful about the twizzlers.. Im not completely suree but they might be high in alcohol sugar, which stores as fat and is very hard to burn.

If I up my calories, should they come from more protein sources or up my carbs as well?

How much is a good range for carb intake for the day say if you're cutting? It seems a majority of time my carb cravings come out at night, I don't binge but I occasionally break down once in a while. I know some things have to change, I'm not in denial.
    I would definitly get the cals from a protein source. Im cutting right now and im taking in like 150g or carbs a dayy and about 2,300 cals a day. Im 6'2 205 and i train about 5 times a day.. Since ive started ive lost about 11 pounds and its only been 2 weeks. So really your carb and cal level depends on your size and activity level

mightttt want to be careful about the twizzlers.. Im not completely suree but they might be high in alcohol sugar, which stores as fat and is very hard to burn.
    Source Plz.

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/wha...aralcohols.htm

Fearing Chuck Norris! Nutshell20's Avatar
    Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm a good Bodybuilder when I want to be, self control for me is a big thing and I've mastered it.. I can eat clean and workout properly and still continue to have results. ONE thing changes for me though and It's doing me a big impact I was hoping to get some opinions.

When I'm doing good in working out and eating right I turn very emotional and depressed. I see absolutely no positivity to anything, I feel like I'm in a cloudy state and day in and out its the same thing. I feel too much so to say and I don't know how to turn my attitude around, when I try It doesn't last very long and I'm back to being in my own thoughts and upset. I feel like I'm being judged and etc and I don't stand up for myself..

When I have a binge or eat dirty food I'm back to being happy and outgoing and normal. I'm very talkative, I feel good energy and have no negative thoughts, I don't let anyone bring me down and I'm overall feeling great! Not that I cheated, just the fact that things are great no need to be depressed.

------------

This has happened to me on several occasions. Same set of patterns somehow are associated and I don't know what to do or what it is that I AM doing wrong that's causing this?

============

My Diet:

====================

Monday - Cardio Day (5 miles, 2 running outside, the other 3 on machine) - Lunch Break
    Tuesday - Arms (Biceps & Triceps) 4 different routines each, 4 sets of 10, last set of lifting till failure) - Lunch Break
    Wed - Cardio Day (5 miles, 2 running outside, the other 3 on machine) - Lunch Break
    Thursday - (Chest & Back) 4 different routines each, 4 sets of 10, last set of lifting till failure) - Lunch Break
    Friday - Cardio Day (5 miles, 2 running outside, the other 3 on machine) - Lunch Break
    Saturday Or Sunday, Usually Legs, Shoulders and anything else I'm lacking. (same routine)

So what am I doing wrong and why do I become emotional?

Just reading that diet made me depressed. How do you keep that up? Coffee and veggie burgers is complete torture.

Carbs are not your enemy. You need a full diet with lean meats, fruits and veggies, whole wheat grains and good fats.

A good diet does alot for mood and outlook. If a diet change doesn't do it maybe you should seek professional help.

Have you read your sig lately? Happiness is where?

Good luck.
    Last edited by Nutshell20; 11-05-2009 at 10:35 AM.
    You're not fooling anyone.

alanaragonblog.com - He has forgotten more than most will ever know.

BTK-BLEED TIME KREW!

Future underwear model Dr_Broscience's Avatar
    Dr_Broscience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dr_Broscience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dr_Broscience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dr_Broscience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dr_Broscience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dr_Broscience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dr_Broscience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dr_Broscience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dr_Broscience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dr_Broscience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dr_Broscience will become famous soon enough. (+50)

My Diet:

====================

You only eat veggie burgers, protein shakes, and coffee??? You need to eat real food! Eat fruits, vegetables, and meat. Unless the veggie burgers have mostly soy, your not getting complete protein with enough amino acids that you will get from chicken, fish, or turkey.

It's normal to get some bloating when eating carbs, but you body needs them IMO. You're probably feeling like this because the only source of energy in your diet is coffee.
    "What am I going to do about my legs, Charlie Murphy?" Rick James

Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you want to keep carbs low then at least have your carbs in the morning (and right after working out).

dman65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am not a nutritionist, so I am not going to comment on your diet. But you did mention that you have an issue with finding the time to cook. I just wanted to suggest that you get some type of grill along the lines of a George Foreman grill. I bought one to cook frozen burgers at work while I was on a keto diet. They cook really quick and are pretty quick and easy to clean up if you take care of the non-stick surface. A frozen burger took all of about 4 to 5 minutes to cook on it.

Bro suit yourself keep eating twizzlers and youll keep that belly.. I know what im talking about just read this
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/carbs.htm

Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dman65 View Post
    I am not a nutritionist, so I am not going to comment on your diet. But you did mention that you have an issue with finding the time to cook. I just wanted to suggest that you get some type of grill along the lines of a George Foreman grill. I bought one to cook frozen burgers at work while I was on a keto diet. They cook really quick and are pretty quick and easy to clean up if you take care of the non-stick surface. A frozen burger took all of about 4 to 5 minutes to cook on it.
    Not a bad idea. When my weekly schedule was super crazy, I used to cook all of my meals on the weekend.

Bro suit yourself keep eating twizzlers and youll keep that belly.. I know what im talking about just read this
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/carbs.htm
    I'm taking in 1600 calories per day. I could 100% twizzlers and still lose the belly, so long as I stay within the calorie count.

But thanks for the info anyways.

I'm taking in 1600 calories per day. I could 100% twizzlers and still lose the belly, so long as I stay within the calorie count.

But thanks for the info anyways.
    Lol ok keep thinking that.

Thanks guys, I just got back so maybe it's time to up the carbs and buy some decent food to eat. I need to make more effort in my diet.

wesnav has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can try a cheat meal, not like a crazy dessert but a nice eat out meal that you dont worry about. Change some, just a little so you get some new expriences but not too much that it makes ya go off the deep end and screws up your daily routine but have something to look forward too.

Future underwear model Dr_Broscience's Avatar
    Dr_Broscience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dr_Broscience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dr_Broscience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dr_Broscience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dr_Broscience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dr_Broscience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dr_Broscience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dr_Broscience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dr_Broscience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dr_Broscience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dr_Broscience will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks guys, I just got back so maybe it's time to up the carbs and buy some decent food to eat. I need to make more effort in my diet.
    ^Exactly.

I don't know if this is related, but look at this article on serotonin: http://www.thefactsaboutfitness.com/...ch/dieting.htm

Good luck
    "What am I going to do about my legs, Charlie Murphy?" Rick James