Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered User Masta_of_Riddum's Avatar
    Masta_of_Riddum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Masta_of_Riddum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Masta_of_Riddum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Masta_of_Riddum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Masta_of_Riddum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Masta_of_Riddum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Masta_of_Riddum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Masta_of_Riddum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Masta_of_Riddum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Masta_of_Riddum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Masta_of_Riddum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The Correct Way to Take Caffiene?

First off Im not saying a person should use this technique before every single workout just if they feel they need a boost once a month or want hit a PR in a athletic activity.

Has anyone taking caffiene this way pre workout(30-45 min)? Take 10 mg per kg of bodyweight and take it with 2 oz of grape juice and 2 oz of club soda. I've read this is a quick trick to absorb caffiene for a strength increase and wanted to know if anyone else has tried it.

This is why I dont take a lower dosage: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...&ordinalpos=13

Proof that higher dosages increase performance: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1778925

Q: What?s the best supplement to use for an instant strength increase?

A: Want to increase strength by 5 percent in 45 minutes? A lot of supplements make all sorts of claims, but here?s a simple trick for increasing strength in less than 45 minutes. It can give some people as much as a 7 percent increase.

This trick is for people who won?t be drug-tested by any sport governing body. Don?t worry; it?s not illegal to obtain or use. It?s simply caffeine, but the trick is in how you absorb it. More on that later.

Take caffeine tablets or capsules, 10 milligrams per kilogram of bodyweight. If you weigh 90 kilograms (about 198 pounds), that would be 900 milligrams. That?s the dose shown in the scientific literature to be most effective.

It?s much easier to take the tablets than drinking coffee, as you would need to drink six to 10 cups to get that much caffeine.

Swallow the caps with two ounces of grapefruit juice and two ounces of club soda. The grapefruit juice contains a substance called naringin, which helps metabolize the caffeine rapidly and which gives grapefruit juice a bitter taste. It?s the substance responsible for the warning on drug bottles: ?DO NOT TAKE WITH GRAPEFRUIT JUICE.? The club soda is included simply to break down the tablets or capsules rapidly. Caffeine levels and its effects are amplified, and you can expect greater training drive and work capacity.

Now, how do you get rid of the jitters, if any, you experience after the workout? Take two grams of vitamin C with your postworkout shake. It helps detoxify the caffeine rapidly.

http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/site/?p=2832
    Last edited by Masta_of_Riddum; 11-06-2009 at 06:46 PM.

ZB126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ZB126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ZB126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ZB126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ZB126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ZB126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ZB126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ZB126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ZB126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ZB126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ZB126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Masta_of_Riddum View Post
    Has anyone taking caffiene this way pre workout(30-45 min)? Take 10 mg per kg of bodyweight and take it with 2 oz of grape juice and 2 oz of club soda. I've read this is a quick trick to absorb caffiene for a strength increase and wanted to know if anyone else has tried it.
    havent tried that.... I feel like you are putting too much thought into this though.

As far as that method goes, I know grapefruit juice which has DHB increases bioabsorption didn't know anything about grape juice though. In addition once you take that 10mg/kg body weight for a week or so its not going to be as effective so you will need to up it anyway... you know?

edit: after reading the below posts and realizing the amount of caffeine this is, I would say its probably way to much to safely take if you are going 10mg/kg are you sure that was the amount suggested?
    Last edited by ZB126; 11-06-2009 at 08:05 PM.

quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    where did you read something like that?

Masta_of_Riddum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Masta_of_Riddum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Masta_of_Riddum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Masta_of_Riddum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Masta_of_Riddum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Masta_of_Riddum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Masta_of_Riddum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Masta_of_Riddum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Masta_of_Riddum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Masta_of_Riddum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Masta_of_Riddum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by quank View Post
    where did you read something like that?
    A Charles Poliquin article from Ironman.com.

quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    do you plan on trying that method?

extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Let's see... I weigh 78kg... so 78x10mg = 780mg!!!

That is waaaay too much for me -_-
    [Fat Loss|Nutrition|www.MRTIMOTHYLEE.com|Training|ContestPrep]

yeah i would suggest pill form lol thats only like 3-4 tho

ive done it many times and to control the post workout jitters take 2 grams of vitamin C to detoxify the caffiene or youll just be pacing back and forth in ur room lol

sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    eyeball injection. SRS.

Volumizer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Volumizer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Volumizer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Volumizer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Volumizer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Volumizer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Volumizer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Volumizer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Volumizer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Volumizer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Volumizer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    800mg of caffeine at once?? lol
    Turn up the volume....

Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1000mg at once i dont think so dude

TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    most I ever take is 500 mg. I just dump it in my mouth. Usually without water.

athenrye is a jewel in the rough. (+500) athenrye is a jewel in the rough. (+500) athenrye is a jewel in the rough. (+500) athenrye is a jewel in the rough. (+500) athenrye is a jewel in the rough. (+500) athenrye is a jewel in the rough. (+500) athenrye is a jewel in the rough. (+500) athenrye is a jewel in the rough. (+500) athenrye is a jewel in the rough. (+500) athenrye is a jewel in the rough. (+500) athenrye is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Far too much caffeine at once. I wouldn't even have that much spread out over a day never mind in one go.

Originally Posted by TheNameless View Post
    yeah sometimes i go with 2 caps/400 mg or 4 caps/800 mg

Originally Posted by Deon55555 View Post
    dude, do u even workout? ur just like every other troll on here that has an empyt or almost empty profile and believes only the stuff he reads in muscle and fitness and flex. Y dont u go check out t-nation.com to educate ur ignorant self!

J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Deon55555 View Post
    Agree!!

Originally Posted by TheNameless View Post
    Tops 4 me: 400 mg, pre-workout and I weigh 130 and this is not all the time because of tolerance.

Originally Posted by athenrye View Post
    Far too much caffeine at once. I wouldn't even have that much spread out over a day never mind in one go.
    Agree!!

yeah sometimes i go with 2 caps/400 mg or 4 caps/800 mg
    800 mgs. Caffeine is a great ergogenic aid but this might be pushing it.

You seem serious about your training, no issue there but why do you believe you need this amount?

What specifically are you trying to gain or accomplish with that amount?
    I'm sure on some planet your style is impressive but your weak link is: This is Earth.

Originally Posted by J.X View Post
    Agree!!

Tops 4 me: 400 mg, pre-workout and I weigh 130 and this is not all the time because of tolerance.

Agree!!

800 mgs. Caffeine is a great ergogenic aid but this might be pushing it.

You seem serious about your training, no issue there but why do you believe you need this amount?

What specifically are you trying to gain or accomplish with that amount?
    Strength on a nueromuscular level

Mateo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink

If you haven't yet, try adding beta-alanine to your pre-workout drink...it works wonders for strength!

atreyubeat will become famous soon enough. (+50) atreyubeat will become famous soon enough. (+50) atreyubeat will become famous soon enough. (+50) atreyubeat will become famous soon enough. (+50) atreyubeat will become famous soon enough. (+50) atreyubeat will become famous soon enough. (+50) atreyubeat will become famous soon enough. (+50) atreyubeat will become famous soon enough. (+50) atreyubeat will become famous soon enough. (+50) atreyubeat will become famous soon enough. (+50) atreyubeat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My god....how do some of you do it! I can't take over like 200 mg without feeling seriously tweaked out lol. But with that being said....I don't think 10 mg per kg of body weight is to healthy. Just my thoughts, but that is way to much dependence on a stim to get you pushing around more weight, or cardio, or w/e. That's a ton of caffeine.
    Try not to look back, try not to regret, just live life like it is the last day you will ever see....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reviews:
    Controlled Labs REDuction AM/PM: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117616731
    B.E.T Stack 2 Month Review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=454505251#post454505251

J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I can't comment on that, out of my realm but for the avg. Joe-ette like me, my gut says that just seems really high and maybe "unhealthy."

And what is your Post "come down" drink from this?

Your call, if you are following what some guru is saying and it's working for you. I just would always gage long term results.

Food for Thought.
    I'm sure on some planet your style is impressive but your weak link is: This is Earth.

I can't comment on that, out of my realm but for the avg. Joe-ette like me, my gut says that just seems really high and maybe "unhealthy."

And what is your Post "come down" drink from this?

Your call, if you are following what some guru is saying and it's working for you. I just would always gage long term results.

Food for Thought.

Whey 40 g and Dextrose 80 g with 2 g of Vitamin C. Am I the only person who's heard of Charles Poliquin on here? Google him!

Whey 40 g and Dextrose 80 g with 2 g of Vitamin C. Am I the only person who's heard of Charles Poliquin on here? Google him!
    Google?? I'm sorry I was born in the 1960's, What?s a Google, is it a bird?

Deal Is: Is Charles Poliquin going to be there when you have osteoporosis in your 50's because of excessive caffeine use due to leeching it out of your bones at an expedited rate, compounded over yrs., from the overuse of caffeine at the levels you are speaking of?

All I was saying is maybe you don't want to listen to every guru out there, maybe you want to "gage" it a bit. That is the approach you may want to "consider" taking. I state this again - Your training seems to be good so really, do you really need this?

This ain't a PubMed-Head link or anything but why don't you use your Googling talents and Google around about the effects of using high levels of caffeine over a long period of time.

http://www.betterbones.com/bonenutri.../caffeine.aspx

N.K. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=Masta_of_Riddum;406631651]Has anyone taking caffiene this way pre workout(30-45 min)? Take 10 mg per kg of bodyweight and take it with 2 oz of grape juice and 2 oz of club soda. I've read this is a quick trick to absorb caffiene for a strength increase and wanted to know if anyone else has tried it.

This is why I dont take a lower dosage: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...&ordinalpos=13

hmmm.......I know ur my lil buddy but with this prescript, soon you will be snorting it................lol..........sorry........no wonder your up late.

But seriously too much caffeine, from what nutritionists say (not me I am not a nutritionist), pulls from the calcium bank account as they tend to call it.
    Exercise

Casting A Big Shadow Bring_The_Pain's Avatar
    Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Q: What?s the best supplement to use for an instant strength increase?

A: Want to increase strength by 5 percent in 45 minutes? A lot of supplements make all sorts of claims, but here?s a simple trick for increasing strength in less than 45 minutes. It can give some people as much as a 7 percent increase.

This trick is for people who won?t be drug-tested by any sport governing body. Don?t worry; it?s not illegal to obtain or use. It?s simply caffeine, but the trick is in how you absorb it. More on that later.

Take caffeine tablets or capsules, 10 milligrams per kilogram of bodyweight. If you weigh 90 kilograms (about 198 pounds), that would be 900 milligrams. That?s the dose shown in the scientific literature to be most effective.

It?s much easier to take the tablets than drinking coffee, as you would need to drink six to 10 cups to get that much caffeine.

Swallow the caps with two ounces of grapefruit juice and two ounces of club soda. The grapefruit juice contains a substance called naringin, which helps metabolize the caffeine rapidly and which gives grapefruit juice a bitter taste. It?s the substance responsible for the warning on drug bottles: ?DO NOT TAKE WITH GRAPEFRUIT JUICE.? The club soda is included simply to break down the tablets or capsules rapidly. Caffeine levels and its effects are amplified, and you can expect greater training drive and work capacity.

Now, how do you get rid of the jitters, if any, you experience after the workout? Take two grams of vitamin C with your postworkout shake. It helps detoxify the caffeine rapidly.

http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/site/?p=2832
    Fawk that BS. I didnt even try to figure dosage for my bodyweight

Mateo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you start taking large dosages of caffeine regularly you are going to build up somewhat of a tolerance to it.

Google?? I'm sorry I was born in the 1960's, What?s a Google, is it a bird?
    LoL!!

Originally Posted by Mateo1 View Post
    If you start taking large dosages of caffeine regularly you are going to build up somewhat of a tolerance to it.
    That's been my experience and I consider myself a "Heavy User" @ lik 400 mg/dose not 800 mg or 1000 mg at a time. Holy crap, my heart would beat me into instant death with that amount!

LoL!!
    yeah - I Googled what Google was on Yahoo and it jus said "Our Enemy We Must Destroy Them".........lol

yeah - I Googled what Google was on Yahoo and it jus said "Our Enemy We Must Destroy Them".........lol
    try searching Bing and see what you come up with.

"Protein, magnesium, zinc, copper, iron, fluoride, vitamins D, A, C, and K are required for normal bone metabolism, while other ingested compounds not usually categorized as nutrients (e.g. caffeine, alcohol, phytoestrogens) may also impact bone health."

While moderate doses of caffeine probably pose no significant health risk....It looks like over consumption may hurt your bones

Take a look....

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...&ordinalpos=11

Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deon55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    dude, do u even workout? ur just like every other troll on here that has an empyt or almost empty profile and believes only the stuff he reads in muscle and fitness and flex. Y dont u go check out t-nation.com to educate ur ignorant self!
    youre a fcuking idiot actually i dont read any of those bs magazines unlike you. who gives a **** what my profile has on it dumbass.

youre a really stupid troll thinking that that much caffeine is actually ok to take and telling others to do it.

go get a life loser
    Last edited by Deon55555; 11-06-2009 at 06:35 PM.

try searching Bing and see what you come up with.
    I don't know.......the Bing search engine said:

"Thanks to our leader Bill Gates, we have officially cut a deal with Yahoo and proposed a Yahoo/Bing marriage, joining forces..........Google is our Enemy We will Destroy Them."
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/16926...s_for_you.html

Man - I am not taking having anymore Caffeine. This post has messed me up........lol