Registered User peanutbutterkid's Avatar
    peanutbutterkid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Does one need a specific Workout while on Keto or can Ijust wing it and make one up

Reading lyle mcdonalds book and other articles about keto, they seem to suggest that as long as you hit all your body parts it doesn't matter what your doing.

I've been rehabbing from a car accident and I've been told I can go back to lifting light weights. I was going to do this in conjunction with a keto diet to lose some weight i've put on during my time of doing jack ****.

So does having a "tried and true" plan help or can i just do some variations of curls, bench, shoulder press/raises, rows and pullups and be good? My legs are still a bit wonky so for the time being I'd be a bit cautious doing any leg work.

Carbs are my friend... vandalgirl59's Avatar
    vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've been told that it really doesn't matter as long as you've got plenty of weights/resistance, or anything that depletes your glycogen stores... don't quote me on it though. ANYTHING is better than nothing though...
    ~Impatience never demanded success~

***Calculate your Calorie/Macro Needs HERE --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380533 ***

popopopo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) popopopo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) popopopo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) popopopo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) popopopo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) popopopo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) popopopo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) popopopo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) popopopo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) popopopo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) popopopo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Lift heavy (3x8-10, some even go as far as 5x5), but I would cut down the # of exercises when hitting accessories muscle to aid in recovery.

PGW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PGW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PGW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PGW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PGW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PGW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PGW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PGW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PGW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PGW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PGW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been hitting the major compound lifts heavy with low volume and it seems to be working great. I only do 4-5 different lifts each session so I can hit them all with intensity.

Pass The Refridgerator kudostojen's Avatar
    kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm recovering from a broken leg and i started back in the gym a couple of weeks ago. I don't do much for my legs because that's taken care of at physio 3 times a week but i do compound exercises for my entire body 3 times a week.

I started fairly light with the weights, mostly because i became so week from being laid up for over a month but my strength is coming back fairly quickly. I'm going to increase the weight and intensity next week.

Depending on your injuries, there should be no reason you can't lift heavy and hard. Which program you use won't matter much either. If you're going to do the CKD just make sure your muscles are depleted when you carb up.

Your doctor/physiotherapist should tell you what you can and can't do in the gym.

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin."
    Ivan Turgenev

If You Can't Stand Behind Our Troops, Feel Free To Stand in Front of Them ..

RSS1761 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RSS1761 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RSS1761 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RSS1761 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RSS1761 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RSS1761 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RSS1761 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RSS1761 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RSS1761 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RSS1761 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RSS1761 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just hit the gym hard as you would any other time, you should be switching up your routine anyways anywhere form every 4-10 weeks depending on how long you want to stick a certain routine out. Remember change is good for the body, don’t every let it adapt always keep it guessing so just go hard whatever your doing switch it up and keep your diet in check and then watch the magic happen.
    Untill you decide that NOTHING will stop you from SUCCESS, EVERYTHING will!!!

Registered User peanutbutterkid's Avatar
    peanutbutterkid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Would you all agree that lifting hard is going until you feel the burn in your muscles? I talked to my Therapists today who told me that light weights would be best because if i was to go heavy on anything like Bench or Should press I run the risk of hurting myself. They recommend high rep/light weight which I'm wondering if this would go well with the ckd. Maybe do 2 or 3 circuits on fridays to completely exhaust myself for the carb-ups.

CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Remember that you can overtrain very easily on this diet so keep it intense, and short with only 10-15 sets per body part max.
    Like Brutis...you can do dis.

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by CanuckTank View Post
    Remember that you can overtrain very easily on this diet so keep it intense, and short with only 10-15 sets per body part max.
    Huh? No easier than any other diet.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by popopopo View Post
    Lift heavy (3x8-10, some even go as far as 5x5)
    Originally Posted by PGW View Post
    I've been hitting the major compound lifts heavy with low volume
    Originally Posted by kudostojen View Post
    no reason you can't lift heavy and hard. Which program you use won't matter much either.
    Originally Posted by peanutbutterkid View Post
    Would you all agree that lifting hard is going until you feel the burn in your muscles? I talked to my Therapists today who told me that light weights would be best because if i was to go heavy on anything like Bench or Should press I run the risk of hurting myself. They recommend high rep/light weight which I'm wondering if this would go well with the ckd. Maybe do 2 or 3 circuits on fridays to completely exhaust myself for the carb-ups.
    See above...

But follow your therapists orders until you've recovered completely from the injury.
    Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146273283&p=911273403&posted=1#post911273403

Twitter: FrigginLean
    YouTube: Jaim91

Unless you faint, puke, or die....keep walking
    - Jillian Michaels -