Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Yet a fluffy MarshMallow Ma110W's Avatar
    Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by trinity052704 View Post
    I dont know what to eat.. I mean I eat healthy and I am at a stand still w fat loss. I have a ton more I would like to lose... I dont know when or what to eat I am heavy and I have lost 60 lbs by doing a ton of cardio and I started lifting heavy 2 months ago and have built strength but I still have fat I want gone...?????
    This is a very helpful calculator. Just plug your information in, and it will tell you how many calories to eat and even give you a breakdown of how much protein/fat/carbs to eat.

http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

Good luck

BlueArchangel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi, I would like to ask a question on behalf of my wife, she is a little shy and her English is not so good, she is wanting to lose some fat, approx. 15-20 lbs but at the same time she doesn't like the idea of bulking up, she would like to lose those extra pounds and tight the loose skin in those areas where it may come out while she is losing weight, if any of you could give me or link me any good program that may fit her, please help me, im trying to help her without making her feel bad because those extra pounds she gained, i'm trying to recommend her a healthy and better way of living, thanks in advance and I'm sorry for my grammar

MelissaM89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good thread! very simple, I like it!
    Last edited by MelissaM89; 07-13-2014 at 08:38 AM.

tramn1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tramn1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tramn1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tramn1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tramn1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tramn1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tramn1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tramn1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh View Post
    best way to gain lean muscle:
    eat more food.
    train heavy with weights.
    do a little cardio to keep healthy.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    do more cardio to add to calorie deficit.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:
    buy lots of useless supplements thinking they will help magically with the above.
    Great way to summarize things! I am not new to working out but just recently got my nutrition aligned w/ my workouts. I will follow this. Any of you count macros?

zpollard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I count macros and calories like it's a religion. Haha

Callou8675309 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Callou8675309 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Callou8675309 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Callou8675309 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Callou8675309 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Callou8675309 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Callou8675309 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Callou8675309 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Callou8675309 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Callou8675309 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Callou8675309 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by zpollard View Post
    I count macros and calories like it's a religion. Haha
    What are narcos?
    Do or do not - there is no try!

Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.
    How does one do BOTH at the same time? How is recomp possible?

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Magnolia916 View Post
    Depends on where you're starting from (both with your diet and your training), and what your main goal is (weight loss v's weight gain).

Oldchubbz26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great, easy, simple post.

eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:
    buy lots of useless supplements thinking they will help magically with the above.

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Magnolia916 View Post
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it. You may find this thread interesting... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156482713

Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Botika View Post
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it. You may find this thread interesting...
    Thank you!!!!!!!!

rbjames74 is just really nice. (+1000) rbjames74 is just really nice. (+1000) rbjames74 is just really nice. (+1000) rbjames74 is just really nice. (+1000) rbjames74 is just really nice. (+1000) rbjames74 is just really nice. (+1000) rbjames74 is just really nice. (+1000) rbjames74 is just really nice. (+1000) rbjames74 is just really nice. (+1000) rbjames74 is just really nice. (+1000) rbjames74 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Personally, I think the process goes: 1. Lose fat, get rid of the weight you don't want. 2. Eat food, and train till you have the body you want.

So to reiterate. Lose fat, then try to build muscle. Transforming your body is a process, don't try to buck the system!

miglic123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.
    "Lose 20 Pounds Fast" Find Out How Here ==> http://tinyurl.com/kaddwcz

AliceMoore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The only thing that worked for me was diet and the fat burner Oxy1 from Hexacore. I tried other fat burners, but they didn't work as good as this one. Good luck with your goals!

mochimario has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good thread +1

@mika_nakashima7 mikanakashima7's Avatar
    mikanakashima7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:
    Hi,

Thanks for your post ! I just started the gym two weeks ago and I try to loose fat. I'm doing already what you mentioned but could you tell me if it's correct what I'm doing ?

1/ I almost cut sugar from my diet
    2/ cardio 40minutes, 5 times a week
    3/ weight lifting 5 times a week at the gym
    4/ 2 days rest
    Follow my fitness journey @mika_nakashima7 :)

mkcoutts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Learned the hard with, money down the drain! Do your research people!!!

Tressalifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:
    👏👏👏

cleablue is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleablue is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleablue is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleablue is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleablue is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleablue is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleablue is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleablue is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleablue is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleablue is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleablue is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:

Haha I love this! The first time I "cut" (I had no idea that was the term at the time) I used food only (and the gym) to gain muscle and reduce my bodyfat by 6% in 8 weeks. I have since learned about protein and all the other supplements out there, some of which I used to enhance my training. But you definitely don't need them to get results.
    Clea
    25 - Vancouver, Canada
    Cancer Fighter - Stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma

Instagram: _cleeea
    Bodyspace: cleablue

Add Me!

MizFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is very helpful!

Iv had a lot of confusion about the balance as well as I only want to loose about 10-15 pounds and am looking to also build muscle etc. Iv been told by some people that I should be eating 2300 calories/day including lots of protein in order to build muscle. Then iv been told by others to only eat 1200 at most In order to lose weight. Its been a confusing journey... lol So can you tell me where my main focus should be given the information Iv told you? Should I be focusing on a lower caloric diet and more cardio to start?
    Last edited by MizFit123; 02-19-2016 at 08:38 AM.

fitnesschick28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Amanda76 View Post
    If your body can't put a big mac "to use," how are people who live off the stuff alive?

I don't see how what Emma Leigh said could be construed as wrong. Restated, IF a person meets the minimum nutrition requirements needed to reach their individual goals and for personal health, they CAN eat whatever they want. Generally, it is a lot easier with healthy food but you can get daily treats in. Using your Big Mac as an example:

The nutrition facts I have up for a Big Mac have it at 540 calories with 29g fat (10g saturated), 45g carbs (3g fiber, 9g sugar) and 25g protein. Most of us could eat at least 3 of those can be cool calorie-wise. Cool enough that we'd LOSE weight. Macros are pretty fat and carb heavy (33% fats, 33% carbs and 24% protein) and unless you're pretty small, you aren't eating the amount of protein most would recommend for muscle growth. You WOULD, however be getting plenty to live healthfully according to WHO. They wouldn't be wild about the amount of saturated fat or fiber in that diet, though. Not to mention all the vitamins and antioxidants you'd be missing out on by not eating all the fruit and veggie servings you're supposed to get in a day. Big Macs and ONLY Big Macs is a pretty extreme diet, though. ANYTHING so limited would eventually lead to nutritional deficiencies, even if you at healthy food! LOL

But lets say the Big Mac accounted for just ONE of your meals? And that you're a weirdo who isn't going to have fries and a coke with it...Maybe for breakfast you had 1/2 cup oats made with 1/2 cup skim milk and 1/2 cup blueberries and a cup of egg whites scrambled with a cup of spinach and a half cup of mushrooms. The Big Mac and a side salad with NO DRESSING was your lunch (maybe you'll be extra awesome and order the burger without sauce, too...who knows). For dinner, you have 1/2 cup of brown rice, 6 ounce chicken breast, and a cup of steamed brocolli. As a snack somewhere, you have a cup of 2% cottage cheese, 8 grape tomatos and 1/2 ounce walnuts.

^^^That's about the same amount of calories (1640)...this time providing 152g of protein, 132g of carbs and 56g of fat. Pretty much a 40p/30c/30f breakdown that a lot of people follow. The only real "damage" the Big Mac does is makes it so that if you get hungry more often than 4 times a day you could have some difficulty. I personally am not real wild about the saturated fat content of the burger and would probably start wanting more food like that if I ate a Big Mac every day. But I certainly could fit it in every so often with no issues. Another person person may bloat up due to sensitivity from the bread but bloating doesn't mean that they're setting themselves up not to lose fat while maintaining muscle. Just means if they don't want to be bloated, maybe they want to avoid the Big Macs for a week. Yet another person may feel sick or lack energy every time they eat a Big Mac. Erm, yeah. If that's the effect it has on your body, don't eat it. But if you can fit it in, feel good eating it, and don't crave more similar foods when you do...go for it.
    Pretty awesome breakdown. Can I friend you? lol

eunice123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by aage View Post
    For any women that have the answer. I am taking anabolic halo after I workout then an hour later a protein shake. I just purchased L-glutamine and acetyl-carnitine when is the best time to take these together
    Hi girls! Does doing Insanity will get me lose fat without loosing lean muscle? Should I continue weightlifting 1-2x/week?

supremeweb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:

very logical and understandable! thank you!

ScarlettRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScarlettRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScarlettRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScarlettRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScarlettRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScarlettRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScarlettRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScarlettRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScarlettRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScarlettRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScarlettRed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:

For me I gain weight either way. I am on medication that causes my metabolism to slow down. Even if I am calorie deficient and I do more HIIT cardio as everybody keeps telling me to do. Still gained weight and now to buy bigger clothes.
    I am finally in a place with my health where my body wants to move faster and be stronger and healthier.

jeillie26 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Skinny Fat Problems

Hi guys!

I am a skinny fat type of person.

I want to really tone up and weight train while also losing fat as well.

I do HIIT 2 to 3 times a week for about 20 - 30 min, is this ok?

Also my macros are:

Per Day
    302.3g Carbs
    140g Protein
    63g Fat
    2336 Calories

This puts me at 60.5 grams of carbs per meal, this seems insane?!

I feel like everyone eats about 20-40g of carbs per meal.

I hit my macros as far as my protein, I'm usually under 20g of fat and 150g of carbs.

Before my fitness journey, I use to eat a lot of carby foods, which is why I try to stay away from it.

I am trying to gain muscle while losing fat.

I am sorry if my post seems silly, there is just so much I need to learn and I would love your lovely ladies' help.