Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Jaeie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So would the best way to lose a little fat but build muscle be maintaining weight, not cutting or bulking? Sorry, I'm new!

stevialu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh View Post
    best way to gain lean muscle:
    eat more food.
    train heavy with weights.
    do a little cardio to keep healthy.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    do more cardio to add to calorie deficit.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:
    buy lots of useless supplements thinking they will help magically with the above.
    Thank you, very good method.But I was wondering what is the specific...

Jules320 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks so much for sharing these tips! y'all are fantastic!
    Julianne *Jules* Alloggio

Fitness/Lifestyle Coach
    www.EliteOnlineFitness.com

Bodyspace: Jules320
    ********.com/eliteonlinefitness
    Twitter.com/julesalloggio
    YouTube.com/husbandandwifebodybuilding

cdub0325 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by aage View Post
    For any women that have the answer. I am taking anabolic halo after I workout then an hour later a protein shake. I just purchased L-glutamine and acetyl-carnitine when is the best time to take these together
    I have always been told to consume a protein shake within a half an hour after you work out to replenish your muscles because they're depleted and its the only time you can consume and rapidly absorb that much protein.

aarnold10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

BUT what if you are comparing two similar people who eat differently but practice the same workout routine... who will come out on top fit wise? The person who follows caloric intake and eats crap? Or the person who follows caloric intake and eats healthy?

I'm just questioning because I have ALWAYS heard the opposite so when I hear something contradictory, I like to know the logic behind it. Hell! I'd love to eat pizza as long as I'm keeping in my calorie range![/QUOTE]

I am a newby so I feel a little shy to offer my opinion but I agree with the philosophy of more calories = more mass v less calories = less mass. Comparing ppl with similarities on a forum is as futile as recommending a particular fad diet. When my boys were little they were very thin. I voiced my concerns to the pediatrician stating that all they would eat was McDonald's. The doctor said that then that's what you give them. So, despite all the judgmental looks, we did a lot of it. Now my boys are adults, fed up of McDonald's but love BBQ burgers and steaks. They are still underweight. Why? High metabolism coupled with the fact that they eat until they are no longer hungry. I used to eat whatever I wanted when I was their age and didn't gain a pound. Now that I'm older, I have trouble maintaining an ideal weight. I did Jenny Craig a few years ago and lost weight. The first three months I was dying of starvation (LOL) but eventually I got used to eating less. Jenny Craig did the calorie count for me. They have cheesecake, cookies, burgers etc.; just a lot less of it. The downside? I stopped Jenny because I got tired of frozen food. Afterward, I did not monitor my calorie intake anymore and guess what, I gained all my weight back and then some. People's metabolism are different and will change/slow as they get older. Genetics also play a part in this equation. So it is important to know your metabolism. Vitamins and minerals are in just about everything you eat so the more you eat the more you consume. Your body will discard the ones it doesn't need. Thus, when you want to loose weight you should reduce the calorie intake but watch where the calories come from as you will need to balance those lesser calories with healthy food or you body will be deprived of the nutrients it needs. If you are trying to gain weight you will need to eat more than what you are used to so it would be better to eat more fats as there are more calories in fats. Just don't cut nutritional foods all together. In summary, if you are under weight, you are under eating; if you are overweight, you are overeating.

berrywood is a name known to all. (+5000) berrywood is a name known to all. (+5000) berrywood is a name known to all. (+5000) berrywood is a name known to all. (+5000) berrywood is a name known to all. (+5000) berrywood is a name known to all. (+5000) berrywood is a name known to all. (+5000) berrywood is a name known to all. (+5000) berrywood is a name known to all. (+5000) berrywood is a name known to all. (+5000) berrywood is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by cdub0325 View Post
    I have always been told to consume a protein shake within a half an hour after you work out to replenish your muscles because they're depleted and its the only time you can consume and rapidly absorb that much protein.
    That's broscience. Provided you meet your macronutrient needs on a daily basis that's really all you need. You actually have your largest surge of human growth hormone during REM sleep... this is when muscles grow too.

Chickadoodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chickadoodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chickadoodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chickadoodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chickadoodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chickadoodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chickadoodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chickadoodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chickadoodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chickadoodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chickadoodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:
    buy lots of useless supplements thinking they will help magically with the above.
    I've always believed that if you (the average woman) eat more than around 1500 calories a day, you will gain weight. That's simple logic, eat less fuel than your body expends and it has to use its stored fuel (fat). The way it's explained above is great. I'm sticking to 1200 - 1500 per day and losing a couple of pounds a week so far. It doesn't matter how you get those calories, so long as you don't eat more than your body needs. Obviously your body will be healthier at a cellular level with healthy food but a little treat won't hurt. I allow myself a crunchie twice a week because I'm a choc fiend and it's only 185 calories per bar. I slot it into my calories for the day.

Toriann359 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Great tips

I'm new on here and learned so much just by reading everyones comments.

toddchaney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by marchesejem View Post
    Okay so what if I want to lose fat and gain lean muscle at the same time??? Confused?! Someone please inbox me
    1)Eat 5-6 (Or More) Small Meals A Day Consisting Of High Protein, Moderate Carbs, And Low Fat.
    2)Instead Of A 30-minute Cardio Session, Do 2, 15-minute Sessions
    3)Do INTENSE Weight Training At Least 3-4 Times A Week.
    Last edited by toddchaney; 09-25-2013 at 03:29 AM.

jm8012741 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i want to loss my weight and tell me which exercise is good for weight loss and which diet?

WjKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question fat loss

Thanks for all these posts. I've been away from competing for 5years. Two months ago health shop begged me do it again with their full support, been back liftin good two months, no more jeans n tops r tight due to gains. But I have never been this smooth and had this much of a layer on me. I'm so angry, at myself. I been having max if 20g of carbs a day. I was zero carbs last yr to lose size. Now I am desperate, ragging mad to get my definition back. Been told eat carbs keep training heavy n do spin classes, these do work for me. . 100g of carbs at meals 1,2 and 3 . I know the rules but I'm terrified up get softer. . Fatter ;(((

gymbunny7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:
    Agreed!!

Nyakio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

So far it's working for me

Eat a balanced diet. Don't worry about counting calories just give your body what it needs. I eat 3 big meals making sure to incorporate all the food groups throughoit the day.

Train heavy with weights.

High Interval Training Cardio. Crossfit.

Rest in between. Get deep tissue massage atleast twice a month.
    Last edited by Emma-Leigh; 12-02-2013 at 10:15 AM.
    -Nyakio
    IG: @NyakioMarie

"Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity" President John F. Kennedy

DianaBello has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DianaBello has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DianaBello has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DianaBello has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DianaBello has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DianaBello has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DianaBello has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DianaBello has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DianaBello has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DianaBello has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DianaBello has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Well said!

eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:

liftette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DianaBello View Post
    Well said!
    It's a bit simplistic though as most of us want to gain muscle and lose fat and it's hard to do both at the same time...

Bieke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bieke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bieke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bieke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bieke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bieke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bieke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bieke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bieke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bieke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bieke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I want to maintain my muscle and lose fat. Will this probably happen if I put my diet into a slight deficit, keeping the same amount of protein I eat now.?

And in regards to exercise, continue weight training about four days a week as I usually would? Not sure about cardio...

vwideski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm just starting out & I'm wondering what the best course of action is... I need to lose about 30 pounds and build muscle. I have two toddlers and run my own business so time management is HUGE! If I can cut back on sleep, I can fit in extra time for the gym... how much sleep does the body need to fully recover & build muscle? I'd like to get by on 6 hours if it's healthy... any advice would be greatly appreciated! thank you!

eeelayne21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=Emma-Leigh;406411831]best way to gain lean muscle:
    eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.

If I'm trying to lose fat, can I train with Wendler's 5/3/1 with a protein shake after I do my cardio?

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^Absolutely. Just make sure you include that protein shake in your calorie tracking for the day.

ToniF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Thanks great info.

Yes I bought a bunch of junk. It didn't help. Lol. Please add me as a friend guys. Could use the support. :-)

Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000)
    awesome post.

fit4life1107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fit4life1107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fit4life1107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fit4life1107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fit4life1107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fit4life1107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fit4life1107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fit4life1107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fit4life1107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fit4life1107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fit4life1107 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:
    what do you base your cal intake off of? like TDEE, bmr, etc.?

Shellee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shellee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shellee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shellee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shellee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shellee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shellee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shellee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shellee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shellee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shellee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I can't wait to put in more lean muscle mass

JosieNJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JosieNJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JosieNJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JosieNJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JosieNJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JosieNJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JosieNJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JosieNJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JosieNJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JosieNJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JosieNJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Hannah73Louise View Post
    I love that! Nice and simple
    This seems like a simple formula., I haven't been here in a while, but I drastically lost weight (170-135 4 months). Hated the way I looked because I lost a lot of curves. Gained weight back now starting again hoping to maintain enough muscle to keep curves :-) This time, I'll make sure to continue training heavy with weights during my deficit. That the piece that was missing.
    Last edited by JosieNJ; 01-30-2014 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Jo

DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow... it was so nice to stumble onto this thread. I'm not a believer in taking supplements unless your doctor wants you to. I am new to this web site and was shocked when I saw how many supplements some people were taking in one day. It was so refreshing to read from different members here that were of like mind and didn't take anything. Thanks to everyone for the wonderful information that you shared in your posts.

A special thanks goes to Emma-Leigh for starting this thread and stating things super simple and easy to remember!

4am4nda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

is it OK to do a lot of cardio and weight training?

IM doing 35 min of cardio and 45 min of weight training 5 days a week I'm a beginner is that to much ???I am trying to loose fat but gain weight at the same time

Registered User ProudArmyWife87's Avatar
    ProudArmyWife87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProudArmyWife87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProudArmyWife87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProudArmyWife87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProudArmyWife87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProudArmyWife87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProudArmyWife87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProudArmyWife87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProudArmyWife87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProudArmyWife87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProudArmyWife87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great info in here!

Moriarty6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink Lose fat gain muscle

eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:

Excellent post. Nice and simple! I would add eat clean whole foods

Registered User kirstenstevens8's Avatar
    kirstenstevens8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So for the past month I've been consistently working out for an hour and a half every day. I'm a D1 athlete and have been training the whole year but now that I'm home I've been doing more. I'm 5'10 and weigh 180 pounds. My goal is to lose some weight around my belly. No matter what I do at the gym, it just won't go away! My work out routine is: 10 minutes of cardio, heavy lifting such as squats and clean jerks, kettle ball swings, squats and lunges, dumbbell work, core work outs such, and then I swim laps for 20 minutes. I eat healthy and normal amounts but this pudge won't go away. Is it too early to tell? Should I change my diet? Also, would drinking those protein shakes help at all?

Need some advice.

trinity052704 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I am so lost?!?!?!?!

[QUOTE=Emma-Leigh;406411831]best way to gain lean muscle:
    eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:

I dont know what to eat.. I mean I eat healthy and I am at a stand still w fat loss. I have a ton more I would like to lose... I dont know when or what to eat I am heavy and I have lost 60 lbs by doing a ton of cardio and I started lifting heavy 2 months ago and have built strength but I still have fat I want gone...?????