Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    franchettept has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) franchettept has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) franchettept has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) franchettept has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) franchettept has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) franchettept has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) franchettept has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) franchettept has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) franchettept has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) franchettept has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) franchettept has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh View Post
    best way to gain lean muscle:
    eat more food.
    train heavy with weights.
    do a little cardio to keep healthy.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    do more cardio to add to calorie deficit.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:
    buy lots of useless supplements thinking they will help magically with the above.

very well said!

fitnessgal1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Perfect

eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:
    buy lots of useless supplements thinking they will help magically with the above.

Well said

trakka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

fat burner

Originally Posted by Daniel360 View Post
    but you cant say that supplemets do not help, just dont expect overnight miracles
    what are the best fat burners? i take diet shake after lifting weights and vitamins inc green tea extract in the morning. i eat well andgo to tge gym most days but im looking to atart taking fat burners which are best?

Registered User PowerfulGoddess's Avatar
    PowerfulGoddess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi All,

I have been working out for a month now and I am not really seeing any results. I am starting to feel down about it as I read great results from others. I am skinny fat, with most of the fat on the belly. I have decreased my portion sizes, eat well for breaky and lunch but eat the same crap at dinner time just a small portion. I am doing heavy weight training twice a week and doing cardio twice a week.

I have gone from being extremely sedentary to the above so I would expect some visual changes; or am I being hard on myself? Seems that my belly has gotten bigger and my clothes fit the same or slightly tighter!

All of this is being done around raising 2 kids and working full time (3hr daily commute as well) so it's not that easy to train more often.

Any advice would be appreciated.

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you are skinny fat, you need to be eating at a surplus to build muscle. You cannot gain muscle eating in a deficit. What are your calorie and macro intake like? What is your lifting program?

Hi Wakechica,

So what I'm doing is for an overweight person!

I don't measure calories or anything, I am just trying to make better choices:

Breaky is just quick oats with skim milk and a cup of tea
    lunch is 2x wholemeal wraps with salad, tuna, tasty cheese and a cup of tea
    Dinner usually spag bolognese or something of that standard
    Evening snack is a cup of skim milk with Milo

I drink water throughout the day. If I get peckish I will eat a banana but lately I have no interest in eating anything else. Now that I have written what I eat, it sounds pathetic.

Lifting program is basically just moving around the smith machines so I get most large muscles worked in some way. Usually do pyramid sets on squats and leg press. Only do straight sets on other exercises.
    ATM the only free weights I am doing regularly are the preacher curls. I am doing 3x sets of everything 8 - 15 reps and yes I am struggling towards the end of the final set.

I think I have just got info overload and am remembering the wrong info for what I need to achieve.

Thanks

BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by PowerfulGoddess View Post
    Hi All,

I have been working out for a month now and I am not really seeing any results. I am starting to feel down about it as I read great results from others. I am skinny fat, with most of the fat on the belly. I have decreased my portion sizes, eat well for breaky and lunch but eat the same crap at dinner time just a small portion. I am doing heavy weight training twice a week and doing cardio twice a week.

I have gone from being extremely sedentary to the above so I would expect some visual changes; or am I being hard on myself? Seems that my belly has gotten bigger and my clothes fit the same or slightly tighter!

All of this is being done around raising 2 kids and working full time (3hr daily commute as well) so it's not that easy to train more often.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Honestly, a month is nothing. If you are truly "skinny fat" their is no amount of dieting that is going to fix the lack of underlying muscle. you need to be in a calorie surplus. Focus on lifting heavy using a reputable program. It will take months to see results not weeks.
    AFAA- CPT

"Make up your mind that, at least for the first year or two, you're not going to worry about body fat levels if you're already lean, because lean is easier to reacquire than strong is to build" (Rippetoe 310).

ASKHOLE: A person who constantly asks for advise, yet always does the opposite of what you told them.

Thanks... eating more now that I know what my goal is. Was a bit confused.
    Both repped

Angi3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Angi3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Angi3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Angi3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Angi3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Talking

Def go with Emma-Leigh. Short, simple & straight to the point

smartex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smartex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smartex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smartex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smartex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smartex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smartex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smartex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smartex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smartex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smartex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Always keen to learn
    Join me on the next level...

MeeshRun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im new to lifting and been doing it for almost a year now...i was very lean and very defined in my arms up to a couple months ago when i increased calories some....now i just look bigger and less defined....i hate it! i want my smaller defined arms back! is this because i've gained fat??? or is this muscle and fat gain?? my cloths are tighter and i weigh more as well..i want to weight more but would like it to be muscle but i just don't think this is much muscle gain....my husband says i don't look as strong as i did before...so whats the deal? did i plateau?? is it something with calories? i was very strict about what i ate before literally veggies and lean protein thats about it....i've added a little more healthy fats and some higher carbs every couple days...

any advice?

another thing i forgot to mention...i have tendon issues in my legs and really only walk for cardio...so if increasing cardio is a must then i need some ideas/advice since i can't run, bike, or swim and can only handle some elliptical on occasion...

liftette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MeeshRun View Post
    im new to lifting and been doing it for almost a year now...i was very lean and very defined in my arms up to a couple months ago when i increased calories some....now i just look bigger and less defined....i hate it! i want my smaller defined arms back! is this because i've gained fat??? or is this muscle and fat gain?? my cloths are tighter and i weigh more as well..i want to weight more but would like it to be muscle but i just don't think this is much muscle gain....my husband says i don't look as strong as i did before...so whats the deal? did i plateau?? is it something with calories? i was very strict about what i ate before literally veggies and lean protein thats about it....i've added a little more healthy fats and some higher carbs every couple days...

any advice?
    Maybe post some photos so we can see what you are talking about. 5'4 and 107 seems very low weight, but I don't want to presume.

Originally Posted by liftette View Post
    Maybe post some photos so we can see what you are talking about. 5'4 and 107 seems very low weight, but I don't want to presume.
    i will hunt for some before and present photos tomorrow...i wish i would have taken more before photos...another thing i need to add my body weight was much lower before i really got into lifting....i used to be a runner (had a healthy weight then) developed tendon pain and digestion issues and could not walk for a couple months...then walked with a cane and went through 2 cycles of PT to get normal strength back to do daily activities...i basically dropped all the muscle i had because i couldn't do anything without tendon problems.......im much better than i was now though thank goodness...i will look for those photos

traceyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    HAHAHA! AWESOME! thank you for that! so true

eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:

marchesejem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Okay so what if I want to lose fat and gain lean muscle at the same time??? Confused?! Someone please inbox me

Registered User MackenzieDenise's Avatar
    MackenzieDenise is on a distinguished road. (+10) MackenzieDenise is on a distinguished road. (+10) MackenzieDenise is on a distinguished road. (+10) MackenzieDenise is on a distinguished road. (+10) MackenzieDenise is on a distinguished road. (+10) MackenzieDenise is on a distinguished road. (+10) MackenzieDenise is on a distinguished road. (+10) MackenzieDenise is on a distinguished road. (+10) MackenzieDenise is on a distinguished road. (+10) MackenzieDenise is on a distinguished road. (+10) MackenzieDenise is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If I want to drop body fat and build lean muscle, I should be reducing my calorie intake by about 300 from my maintenance level right? And lifting more weight and doing cardio. so a few questions, best way to find out your body fat level? and once I reach my goal, do I just go back to my maintenance level?

mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MackenzieDenise View Post
    If I want to drop body fat and build lean muscle, I should be reducing my calorie intake by about 300 from my maintenance level right? And lifting more weight and doing cardio. so a few questions, best way to find out your body fat level? and once I reach my goal, do I just go back to my maintenance level?
    I have pretty much the same question. I've been working out for about 2-3 months now and i can see definition in my arms and legs that i didn't have before. But i haven't lost any weight . I'm 5'4 and 135 lbs. I'm really soft and fatty i guess you could say. I'm a size 6 but i have a little tummy and lots of inner thigh fat. Its all just kinda laying on top of the muscle i do have and hasn't gone anywhere. My maintenance calories are supposed to be 1800 or so . I tried going down to 1400 and i lost nothing not even a lb. I'm building muscle but this fat just wont leave. I probably need to track my protein better as i probably don't get enough.Right now I'm doing spin class 2-3 times a week (1 hour classes) and I'm lifting weights about 2-3 times a week. I have had to take some breaks because of soreness. I'm doing Rows (4 sets/10 @ 30-35lbs), back extensions 90 lbs 4 sets of 10,les mills class (once ,still recovering). I also do a few other exercises with dumbbells for my back and shoulders. Should I lift more weights or do more cardio? Not sure. My diet is probably the problem as im a sahm with two kids and no help and My diet is low residue because of IBD. Any help would be appreciated.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you were sticking to 1400 calorie deficit you should see weekly changes happening. If nothing has moved, than something is off in the way you're tracking and you need to fix it. You need to weigh, measure and track all foods accordingly. Your maintenance calories should be somewhere around 2000-2100. You should see steady fat loss at around 1500 calories.

Good luck, keep at it!
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    If you were sticking to 1400 calorie deficit you should see weekly changes happening. If nothing has moved, than something is off in the way you're tracking and you need to fix it. You need to weigh, measure and track all foods accordingly. Your maintenance calories should be somewhere around 2000-2100. You should see steady fat loss at around 1500 calories.

Good luck, keep at it!
    Thanks for the reply. I've started jamie easons 12 week program and I hope that helps make some changes. It just sucks that i basically can't have anything with fiber and it limits me.

Location: Newcastle, North East, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    NikitaGymbum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey everyone

New to these forums so im looking for as much advise as possible ill be checking in with my progress as much as possible. BUT i need some advise.

Okay so i train Monday-Friday normally do a good 30-45 mins cardio to try and cut fat and i also do some weights begining of the month im investing in a plan to help me out! my diet is pretty good but with low funds at the moment i have to eat what the parents have in the house which is quite hard to stay strict with my diet.!

so id like to know what is the best way to lose weight and tone the inner thigh!!! haha i do bike work and cross trainer as i find that the treasmill is to high impact on my knees from old gymnastics injurys. any advise would be great

if you like id love to see your progress on instagram and snapchat! so instagram: Nikita_Gymbum and snapchat: Nikitamarie21

Strong is the new Skinny <3

toddchaney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't forget to drink a glass of water before your meal, it will help you from overeating. My job involves alot of traveling, i always keep Samantha Springs bottles with me.

Joyce1913 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Love this thread. I'm pretty new. It's funny how when talking to guys they said you should take all these supplements, but when talking to women, it's a minimalist approach.

GinaCarla is on a distinguished road. (+10) GinaCarla is on a distinguished road. (+10) GinaCarla is on a distinguished road. (+10) GinaCarla is on a distinguished road. (+10) GinaCarla is on a distinguished road. (+10) GinaCarla is on a distinguished road. (+10) GinaCarla is on a distinguished road. (+10) GinaCarla is on a distinguished road. (+10) GinaCarla is on a distinguished road. (+10) GinaCarla is on a distinguished road. (+10) GinaCarla is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:
    LOL...that is so true haha
    I'm a Swiss PinUp Model - ginacarla.com

snb8405 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

which?

I read this thread that says you should eat more to gain lean muscle and eat less to lose fat...so if I'm trying to do both...which do I do?

Bulking: Let's Get Fluffy Pinskers's Avatar
    Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by snb8405 View Post
    I read this thread that says you should eat more to gain lean muscle and eat less to lose fat...so if I'm trying to do both...which do I do?
    One or the other. Unless you're a newbie, you can't do both at the same time.

snb8405 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Pinskers View Post
    One or the other. Unless you're a newbie, you can't do both at the same time.
    I am a newbie...so I guess it stands that I need to lose the fat first, but honestly if I have to do cardio more than 30 mins at a time, it drives me crazy -_-

Bulking: Let's Get Fluffy Pinskers's Avatar
    Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by snb8405 View Post
    I am a newbie...so I guess it stands that I need to lose the fat first, but honestly if I have to do cardio more than 30 mins at a time, it drives me crazy -_-
    You'd get both benefits then! Lifting and eating, with or without cardio!

That being said, there's no reason you have to do cardio every day, or even all at once! There have been days were I staggered my cardio out for some in the morning, and some in the afternoon, depending on how pressed for time I am. In the end, fat loss and muscle gain is all about calories in (muscle gain=surplus) or calories out (fat loss=deficit). Your body doesn't really care when you get those calories in you or burned off.

That being said, since you're new, and you're beginning a cut, I think you'd still see some muscle gains.

samscott46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samscott46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samscott46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samscott46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samscott46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samscott46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samscott46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samscott46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samscott46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samscott46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samscott46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile help

eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:
    So if I wanted to do both, gain muscle and drop fat would I just stick with lifting and little cario say 'hiit' for 10//15 mins after weights? Obviously following a nice clean diet too.
    Leanest baddest squating and lunging bitch around :-)

Melissat46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great tips!
    Cool!!!