Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by kandigrl View Post
    If I may turn this discussion a different way, also being a newbie, what exactly are macros?
    The term "macro" is short for macronutrients - protien, fat, carbs.

(LOVED this thread, BTW. Great answers and really good info for people!)
    I am, after all, a heavenly blessed beauty, whose inner beauty and beauty is simply divine and everlasting.

Harry: Erica, will you be my flesh friend?
    Erica: What the hell is that?
    Harry: Phucicngbuttholemonster!
    Erica: WTH?

My Insanity Experiment: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=495939921#post495939921

Molowe29 is just really nice. (+1000) Molowe29 is just really nice. (+1000) Molowe29 is just really nice. (+1000) Molowe29 is just really nice. (+1000) Molowe29 is just really nice. (+1000) Molowe29 is just really nice. (+1000) Molowe29 is just really nice. (+1000) Molowe29 is just really nice. (+1000) Molowe29 is just really nice. (+1000) Molowe29 is just really nice. (+1000) Molowe29 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MsDesi View Post
    I'm not saying to go over caloric intake with healthy foods- of course someone will gain weight that way. And well brought out points...

BUT what if you are comparing two similar people who eat differently but practice the same workout routine... who will come out on top fit wise? The person who follows caloric intake and eats crap? Or the person who follows caloric intake and eats healthy?

I'm just questioning because I have ALWAYS heard the opposite so when I hear something contradictory, I like to know the logic behind it. Hell! I'd love to eat pizza as long as I'm keeping in my calorie range!
    I think you ask a valid question. My personal opinion and experience, is that food should be fuel. DO you want a high octane, clean fuel to support your engine or a run of the mill, cheapest fuel source out there?
    IMO giving the body clean sources of food not only maximize the body's ability to perform in the present but they give the body more opportunity to become better in the future.
    Example: what is going to be better for the taxed adrenal system of the hardcore fitness enthusiastic? A big mac or Greens and lean protein????
    "Energy and persistence conquer all things" - Benjamin Franklin
    ""A woman who wants to be equal to a man lacks ambition" - Timothy Leary

ocgymchic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink funny

funny

There's no Dana only Zuul ThePeach's Avatar
    ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Gr8 reply Emma-Leigh!

Originally Posted by MT-mtn_girl View Post
    LOL, yes there is! It's free and you probably have it lying around your house. It's either:
    a) a picture of how you used to look that you desire to look like again
    b) a picture of someone's body that you would like yours to resemble.

I found that willpower and motivation go hand in hand.

I say this in jest though...but, in all seriousness, any time I feel the urge to cheat I just think of the overall goal and it bumps me back to reality.
    This is probably the only time a big printed picture of said rolemodel in a skimpy bikini will be allowed to be put up on the fridge I say yeah!!!
    ✩ Alis Volat Propriis ✩ Always the Padawan, Never the Jedi ✩
    Genetics give you an edge, hard work gives you the results - ctgblue

******official misc photography crew ****** ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
    "I get up, take the kids to school and do the Hoovering... then I become a rock star" - Dave Grohl

soulvibration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soulvibration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soulvibration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soulvibration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soulvibration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soulvibration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soulvibration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soulvibration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soulvibration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soulvibration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soulvibration has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

=)

Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh View Post
    best way to gain lean muscle:
    eat more food.
    train heavy with weights.
    do a little cardio to keep healthy.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    do more cardio to add to calorie deficit.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:
    buy lots of useless supplements thinking they will help magically with the above.
    haha love it. But definitely a good reminder I can use to post on the fridge. ;D

msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    best way to waste money:
    buy lots of useless supplements thinking they will help magically with the above.
    You got it girl!!!! Well said
    "The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince." - Lombardi

My 2011 Ergogenix Transformation Challenge Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=612088113#post612088113

syed2011 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) syed2011 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) syed2011 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) syed2011 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) syed2011 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) syed2011 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) syed2011 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) syed2011 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I know that for building body and maintain a good figure, we should eat proper supplements according to our body but do we have to take only proteins for muscle gain? can anyone answer

Soon...Killah Status! hypnoticbg's Avatar
    hypnoticbg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hypnoticbg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:
    This is so funny and true! I agree this would go great on my fridge, too. I think this is why it's taking me a minute to understand what is going to work for me and my body. There is definitely lots of knowledge out there and it's important to apply what is right for you and discard the rest.
    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to bloom."
    ~ Anais Nin

"Good things happen to those who hustle."
    ~Anais Nin

What Can I Say....I'm So Good To Me!

Registered User WANNAGETHEALTHY's Avatar
    WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by hypnoticbg View Post
    This is so funny and true! I agree this would go great on my fridge, too. I think this is why it's taking me a minute to understand what is going to work for me and my body. There is definitely lots of knowledge out there and it's important to apply what is right for you and discard the rest.
    I would like to know what you guys eat every day. I was reading these posts a few years ago then my husband got deathly sick and I stopped. He is still deathly sick and I keep gaining weight. I'd need to get back on track and live right inspite of traumas. Lifes challenges do not seem to stop. I think I'll feel better if I could work out and eat right.
    I MAY BE FAT BUT MY FAT IS GOING TO BE HARD!!!

MermaidWino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink

AWESOME Reply......even if Im a lil bit of a supplement junkie.....common sense rules!

eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:
    ~MerRain~

HeidyE is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeidyE is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeidyE is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeidyE is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeidyE is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeidyE is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeidyE is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeidyE is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeidyE is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeidyE is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeidyE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by WANNAGETHEALTHY View Post
    I would like to know what you guys eat every day. I was reading these posts a few years ago then my husband got deathly sick and I stopped. He is still deathly sick and I keep gaining weight. I'd need to get back on track and live right inspite of traumas. Lifes challenges do not seem to stop. I think I'll feel better if I could work out and eat right.
    Wannagethealthy: have you checked The eating plan in the main page? I have been following this plan for 4 weeks as well as the workouts suggested for fat loss, I have had good results for steady fat loss and muscle growth- it wasn't easy to drop the carbs, especially bread and pasta which was a huge part of my previous daily eating, but after a week I managed to, I find that because I'm eating so many smaller meals I'm
    never hungry and I'm starting to recognise the difference between
    hunger and thirst- lots of water, smaller portions of lots of raw vegetables, boiled chicken breasts, tuna, fruit, brown rice, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, legumes, egg whites, nothing deep fried, no dairy other than low fat natural yogurt and light cottage cheese, minimum fat from extra virgin olive oil (spray for grilling or pan searing) avocadoes and almonds, no sodas or fruit juices unless I'm really craving a sweet treat in which case I have a fruit frappé (lots of crushed ice with freshly made juice eg watermelon and Ginger or carrot and orange are nice combinations) I find that preparing my meals in advance prevents me from grabbing unhealthy foods and I have changed the way I shop, if it's not in the pantry it can't be eaten, right?
    {"remember who you are, and the extent of your dreams will have no limits"}

lostmittens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How do i know what my daily caloric intake should be? I'm fat. I have commited to working out 5 days a week here is my routine: monday 10 mins cardio then i do a lower body work out 3 set of 15 approx 50 lbs, my abs then 25 mins cardio. Tue: 10 mins cardio upper body work out 3 set of 15 approx 50 lbs, my abs then 25 mins cardio. Wed: 40 mins cardio my abs Thur and Fri are repetes of Mon & Tue off on Sat and Sun
    Please advise.

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by lostmittens View Post
    How do i know what my daily caloric intake should be? I'm fat. I have commited to working out 5 days a week here is my routine: monday 10 mins cardio then i do a lower body work out 3 set of 15 approx 50 lbs, my abs then 25 mins cardio. Tue: 10 mins cardio upper body work out 3 set of 15 approx 50 lbs, my abs then 25 mins cardio. Wed: 40 mins cardio my abs Thur and Fri are repetes of Mon & Tue off on Sat and Sun
    Please advise.
    Start here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?p=436716771
    It should go over how to calculate what you need.

RedE4Me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Actually your body is perfectly capable of using foods with 'no nutritional value' that are 'full of fat'.... Similarly, it can use foods with 'no nutritional value' that are full of carbs as well...
    ^
    Calories = energy. Plain and simple. And what is in excess (be it from chicken or cheesecake) will be stored as energy in some form or another.

With regards to 'low calorie but high fat' - ermmm.... you know that fat = very calorie dense, right? So high fat = high calories.... unless, of course, you eat a very (very) small portion.
    It really is a matter of whether you want to be truly healthy or just look like it. If you dont care about true health hit your calories however you want and do your workouts.

Helen1992 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yea

Helen1992 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:
    I'm agree

Mass Quantities Consumer theGuy045's Avatar
    theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    [QUOTE=powerbarsssssss;461119071] supplements are a complete waste of money, with the exception of whey protein powder.

creatine, bcaa's, fish oil, multi = not a waste

Originally Posted by powerbarsssssss View Post
    I do exactly what she suggested for my lean bulk
    IMO there is no such thing as a clean bulk
    '.'
    ',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',
    stickies + search button = teaching a man to fish
    ',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',','
    .'.________________

buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:
    You shouldn't go below your bmr when trying to lose weight right??

Your comment was right on point ms lady!!! Very well said!

buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A chubby person will stay chubby if they continue eating over their calories...doesn't matter if it's chicken or a big mac.[/QUOTE]

Eating over your bmr calories or over your bmr+activity calories?

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by buttabeen View Post
    You shouldn't go below your bmr when trying to lose weight right??

Your comment was right on point ms lady!!! Very well said!
    Originally Posted by buttabeen View Post
    A chubby person will stay chubby if they continue eating over their calories...doesn't matter if it's chicken or a big mac.

Eating over your bmr calories or over your bmr+activity calories?
    Depends on how said 'basal metabolic rate' is calculated, how fat you are, and for what length of time you are depending on eating low calories for. eg - There are situations in which VLCD (very low calorie diets) are actually indicated / useful....

It all just depends on the individual and their particular situation.

Have you checked out 'calories and macro calculations explained ->
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703921

Ku`uipo~<3 married :) kirstendee's Avatar
    kirstendee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:
    Haha! Amen to that, Emma xD

-=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Quick question, going to help out my mom this summer losing weight.

I read Emma's post and thats perfect.

However what essential supplements are needed to lose fat?

Notes: Blood pressure is an issue.

So far shes taking: Multi, and fish oil, vit D. Anything to add?

Thanks for any responses.

Originally Posted by -=Zeus=-! View Post
    Quick question, going to help out my mom this summer losing weight.

I read Emma's post and thats perfect.

However what essential supplements are needed to lose fat?

Notes: Blood pressure is an issue.

So far shes taking: Multi, and fish oil, vit D. Anything to add?

Thanks for any responses.
    Essentials?
    - Less food. [but adequate intake]
    - More activity. [but not crazy so]
    - DEDICATION and PATIENCE!

Serious. There are NO supplements that are ESSENTIAL for weight loss.
    The above sups are NOT essential - but they are good for general health <-- so she should continue these.

bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kandigrl View Post
    If I may turn this discussion a different way, also being a newbie, what exactly are macros?
    Your macronutrient needs are your macros...protein and fat mainly..fill in the rest with carbs. There is a post on calculating your macro and caloric needs under the nutrition section.

Your micronutrients are vitamins/minerals etc. that you get by good food choices.

Lots to learn, and lots of good info here! Navigating the site takes a bit..

-=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Essentials?
    - Less food. [but adequate intake]
    - More activity. [but not crazy so]
    - DEDICATION and PATIENCE!

Serious. There are NO supplements that are ESSENTIAL for weight loss.
    The above sups are NOT essential - but they are good for general health <-- so she should continue these.
    Perfect, I have my work cut out for me this summer but I think I can do it.

Thanks for the help.

gemsticks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gemsticks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gemsticks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gemsticks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gemsticks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gemsticks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gemsticks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gemsticks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gemsticks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gemsticks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gemsticks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As long as the food is fitting into one's allotted calorie, protein, fat, etc intake, it doesn't matter what he/she eats.

For example, sometimes I'll eat poptarts to hit my calories, but at the end of the day, my entire diet has given me the right amount of protein, fat, etc. By consuming a big mac, the individual can still watch his/her food for the remainder of the day to ensure it fits into his/her macros (just an example) etc.

OP, I have to agree with Emma. I think supplements are a complete waste of money, with the exception of whey protein powder. I do exactly what she suggested for my lean bulk; I eat enough (2,000 to 2,100 calories), I lift hard enough and I rest enough. In fact, I consider heavy lifting a cardio workout in itself.
    Finally a fellow herbivore! I didn't think our kind existed on these sites! I'm pretty new so glad to see that I can still do this and not eat meat!

gemsticks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gemsticks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gemsticks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gemsticks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gemsticks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gemsticks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gemsticks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gemsticks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gemsticks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gemsticks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gemsticks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by HeidyE View Post
    Wannagethealthy: have you checked The eating plan in the main page? I have been following this plan for 4 weeks as well as the workouts suggested for fat loss, I have had good results for steady fat loss and muscle growth- it wasn't easy to drop the carbs, especially bread and pasta which was a huge part of my previous daily eating, but after a week I managed to, I find that because I'm eating so many smaller meals I'm
    never hungry and I'm starting to recognise the difference between
    hunger and thirst- lots of water, smaller portions of lots of raw vegetables, boiled chicken breasts, tuna, fruit, brown rice, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, legumes, egg whites, nothing deep fried, no dairy other than low fat natural yogurt and light cottage cheese, minimum fat from extra virgin olive oil (spray for grilling or pan searing) avocadoes and almonds, no sodas or fruit juices unless I'm really craving a sweet treat in which case I have a fruit frappé (lots of crushed ice with freshly made juice eg watermelon and Ginger or carrot and orange are nice combinations) I find that preparing my meals in advance prevents me from grabbing unhealthy foods and I have changed the way I shop, if it's not in the pantry it can't be eaten, right?
    Great reply, I'm currently stuck on the same dinner night after night! It's tricky when you don't eat meat!!

Loving your profile pic!

Alexandra762 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I'm a N00B

eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.

I'm having some issues because I'm currently doing a beach body program called "Insanity-The Asylum" I am supposed to be eating 1500calories on it but I have been doing weights and other cardio along with it 3-4x a week. I have 56 days to reach my "goal" so I'm going to start split training on Monday.
    My journey began in October 2010, since then I have lost 40lbs which is quite a bit on my 4'9 frame. I was doing a bit of weights here and there but like most women I was afraid I would get bulky until I met my cycling instructor who used to be a female body builder.
    I got into weight lifting and so my goal changed to 97lbs if I lean out but 104lbs if I bulk up
    I'm at 104 right now but I don't have the muscle I want approximately by how much should I up my caloric intake? I put my activity level at 1.5 *moderately active*
    Muscle burns fat so I'm thinking I'll go for option one?
    Please help a newbie out

***My love affair with the iron has begun! <3**

cmorales999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile About Cardio

eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:
    I do a 30sec cardio in between each set of 3 weight training. Is it better to do a straight 30 min cardio after weight training or both are as equally good?

Vibrancy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Agreed...for the most part...

Though I'll admit I am the first to "guinea pig" myself out, I agree that most supplements are hyped up garbage. I do, however, absolutely LOVE nitric oxide. The feeling I get is incredible and I've never purchased one that didn't help me get the most out of my workout. On the sad side, there is no magic fat loss pill, hence agreeing for the most part.

As long as the food is fitting into one's allotted calorie, protein, fat, etc intake, it doesn't matter what he/she eats.

For example, sometimes I'll eat poptarts to hit my calories, but at the end of the day, my entire diet has given me the right amount of protein, fat, etc. By consuming a big mac, the individual can still watch his/her food for the remainder of the day to ensure it fits into his/her macros (just an example) etc.

OP, I have to agree with Emma. I think supplements are a complete waste of money, with the exception of whey protein powder. I do exactly what she suggested for my lean bulk; I eat enough (2,000 to 2,100 calories), I lift hard enough and I rest enough. In fact, I consider heavy lifting a cardio workout in itself.