PhinPhanatic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Protein bad for liver?

Have heard that taking too much protein can be bad for your liver. I take anywhere from 80-120 g a day, I am 5 ft 8 in 168 lbs. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Molecular Nutrition Rep SwolenONE's Avatar
    SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i always hear sh-- like this

i suppose too much of anything isnt healthy

it would be interesting to actually see some information about this, but im going to assume, in general, high protein diets arent necessarily bad on the liver.

TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    As much as people on this board hate to admit it... yes it makes you lives work harder than normal. This does not mean it will necessarily cause damage, especially if you drink lots and take milk thistle...

Psylence is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psylence is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psylence is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psylence is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psylence is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psylence is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psylence is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psylence is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psylence is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psylence is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psylence is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Protein is only gonna cause problems if your susceptible eg. if you have a pre existing condition or genetic factors. Other than this make sure you drink enough water and you will be fine.

nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I wouldnt worry too much. Most people on here take 1-2 grams per pound of body weight. Your only getting .5-.75 which is quite low for someone lifting weights. As said before, it shouldnt be a problem unless there is a pre-existing liver problem and you would have to take in way more.

PhinPhanatic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nevergain View Post
    I wouldnt worry too much. Most people on here take 1-2 grams per pound of body weight. Your only getting .5-.75 which is quite low for someone lifting weights. As said before, it shouldnt be a problem unless there is a pre-existing liver problem and you would have to take in way more.
    Good thing I asked, thought that I was taking too much!