95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10) 95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10) 95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10) 95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10) 95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10) 95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10) 95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10) 95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10) 95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10) 95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10) 95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10)

neck pain when doing pull ups

A bit of background info...about 5 years ago I started having an issue where if I was bench pressing a weight and really pushing myself hard, I would get an intense pain at the base of my skull just off to the side. The pain would go away on it's own after a few minutes. Anyways, I just didn't push myself that hard for awhile and it wasn't ever a problem again - until last night.

I was doing pull ups using the lat pull machine, not a lot of weight, but enough that 10 reps was pushing myself pretty hard. On the last rep, I got the same sharp pain in the same place. My form was good, probably still room to improve, but definitely not bad. I'm going to see a dr here pretty soon, but I was curious if you guys had any ideas on why this happens and how to avoid it.

It's still giving me a pretty good headache today...
    H: 5'6" W: 176

Goal: 170
    Program: 5/3/1
    Diet: cutting

Squat - 1 x 363 @ 186lbs
    Dead - 1 x 405 @ 173lbs
    Bench - 1 x 225 @ 173lbs
    Press - 1 x 160 @ 173lbs
    USAPL (9/11) - 363/225/363/951 @ 186lbs

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Could be over recruiting your traps and it's leading to a muscle spasm.

Focus on stabilizing your scapula so not to recruit traps.
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

Metal99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metal99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metal99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metal99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metal99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metal99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metal99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metal99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metal99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metal99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metal99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You may have an atlantoccipital subluxation. Basically your 1st vertebrae may be out of alignment from who knows what...? I would recommend scheduling a chiropractic evaluation.
    They are trained to evaluate the spine and alignment of vertebrae.

Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Metal99 View Post
    You may have an atlantoccipital subluxation. Basically your 1st vertebrae may be out of alignment from who knows what...? I would recommend scheduling a chiropractic evaluation.
    They are trained to evaluate the spine and alignment of vertebrae.
    This. ^^^

There's no shortage of haters though who'll tell you Chiro's will murder you in cold blood and rape your girlfriend.
    "Do you think SHE actually felt like that was a sexual thing he was doing? She's like 6. Only an actual p3do would think that she thought he was groping her, too."

"Not that it's impossible to touch a minor inappropriately, but it is true that a 6 year old girl will not recognize someone putting a hand on their chest as groping, whether it is inappropriate or not."

- Jayarbie

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=182007113&p=1671975503#post1671975503

jomillergo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 95whtgst View Post
    A bit of background info...about 5 years ago I started having an issue where if I was bench pressing a weight and really pushing myself hard, I would get an intense pain at the base of my skull just off to the side. The pain would go away on it's own after a few minutes. Anyways, I just didn't push myself that hard for awhile and it wasn't ever a problem again - until last night.

I was doing pull ups using the lat pull machine, not a lot of weight, but enough that 10 reps was pushing myself pretty hard. On the last rep, I got the same sharp pain in the same place. My form was good, probably still room to improve, but definitely not bad. I'm going to see a dr here pretty soon, but I was curious if you guys had any ideas on why this happens and how to avoid it.

It's still giving me a pretty good headache today...
    Basically our body is made up to tissues and muscles, i think you would have tear a muscle, neck pain will start when your neck nerves collide with other nerves, do not over do anything which gives more impact to the neck, yes you are right it can go up to head.. Just avoid for some time and make sure your neck is free and then do a bench press.
    Health is wealth, tweak your body..