Madness87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Problem with left bicep...

I had to take about a 2-3 week layoff from working out and I wasn't able to consistently work out. And I've recently started again. Well something's wrong with my left bicep. It was always a tad weaker than my right but it's something different and I can barely do much with it when curling especially.

What I mean is, I just can't, for the life of me, get it to "flex" or pump. I mean like I curl the weight but can't "pump" it at the end, or if I try to flex, I can maybe do it for like 1-2 seconds before it goes "limp" if you will lol.

What's wrong? I know I didn't pull anything as there's no pain.

Like if I flex it right now, I feel my my forearm muscles get hard, my wrist and hell even my deltoid flexes but for some reason my bicep doesn't.

Any suggestions?? If I try curls or something I can't get the pump in my bicep. It's like I have no control over it.

AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Were you injured?

Try negatives. Lift curl bar with small weight (5's or 10's?) and curl as many reps as you can. Then flip the bar to the top swiftly and slowly perform negatives with proper form as many times as you can until failure. It will burn like a MF. Work your left arm first every time and don't do any more reps on the right arm than you did on the left. Curl barbells as often as possible or two handed cable bar. I imagine your left arm is under trained. Work them as a team. Also try pullups with opposite grip (one facing, and one away). When the left arm is palm facing you, the bicep will get a nice workout. Do sets of two with grip swithed each time to strengthen one arm more during each set.

Madness87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by AtTheWall View Post
    Were you injured?

Try negatives. Lift curl bar with small weight (5's or 10's?) and curl as many reps as you can. Then flip the bar to the top swiftly and slowly perform negatives with proper form as many times as you can until failure. It will burn like a MF. Work your left arm first every time and don't do any more reps on the right arm than you did on the left. Curl barbells as often as possible or two handed cable bar. I imagine your left arm is under trained. Work them as a team. Also try pullups with opposite grip (one facing, and one away). When the left arm is palm facing you, the bicep will get a nice workout. Do sets of two with grip swithed each time to strengthen one arm more during each set.
    No that's the thing, I didn't get injured. I was going pretty hard before I had to take a break, but no more than what I've done the past year etc... I will try the exercises though. Thanks.