Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    flex Magazine June 2008 spirit3530's Avatar
    spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thailegacy View Post
    x2.. you just fotta do them... ive attached 2 45lbs and a 25lbs that makes me alot heavier then most bobybuilders... and stil rep out 5 or so...

i dont do lat pulldowns so i dont know.. in all honesty i barely do any lifts lol... i train in a very different way then most gym goers.
    lol you actually think you have the same amount of muscle pound for pound as a most big bodybuilders?

Most "bodybuilders" don't even do pullups and could care less how many they can do with or without weight attached.

Strong lats...

wait you thought we were surprised to find out you don't lift?
    Cha Cha Cha

nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You have to do pullups to be good at them which most big guys dont do. The other thing to look at is they weigh 50-100 pounds more than you, but all that weight is not lats. they have bigger legs and bigger chests. So the extra 15 pounds? of muscle on their upper back is lifting another 50+ pounds of leg and chest muscle.

pickupstix60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pickupstix60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pickupstix60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pickupstix60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pickupstix60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pickupstix60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pickupstix60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pickupstix60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pickupstix60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pickupstix60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pickupstix60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    People who are able to do a lot of pull ups or exercises that incorporate moving your body weight alone are generally lean. It largely depends on how you train to use muscle groups together, too. Pull ups are a very compound movement, and doing curls/lat pulldowns won't make you very amazing at them if you don't also train the pull up itself.

tl;dr do pull ups to get better at pull ups, get strong regardless
    Another skinny bastard

Goutetsuo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JBrook View Post
    This is a good post, when we're talking about pound for pound strength, it would rarely be the biggest guys in the gym lifting the most % of their bodyweight. To the op, I think a lot of it has to with genetics and the way tho body is built, usually the guys I see doing the most pullups are skinny guys, take that to mean whatever you want. Do pull-ups equal stength, well that depends, theres a big guy at my gym, Im 230, he's probably 245 or so, for a big guy he can knockout some pullups, he doest sets of 10 or so. I cannot do that. However, I outlift him on every thing else, bench, shoulder press, whatever. Pullups are a good indicator of stength but not the only indicator.

I made an account just because i make lots of money on this fact and i'm just now getting into lifting serious with my friend's help. But my best friend is Asian and he is only 5'2 and he can destroy benching and squatting of guys triple his size. he is only 170 pounds eats whatever the hell he wants, works out everyday he does not look nearly as powerful as he is...is actually quite amazing to see him lift. so no definitely not the biggest guy in the guy is not the strongest in the gym, however his endurance is horrible in cardio. He is pure power only. lol.

darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Goutetsuo View Post
    I made an account just because i make lots of money on this fact and i'm just now getting into lifting serious with my friend's help. But my best friend is Asian and he is only 5'2 and he can destroy benching and squatting of guys triple his size. he is only 170 pounds eats whatever the hell he wants, works out everyday he does not look nearly as powerful as he is...is actually quite amazing to see him lift. so no definitely not the biggest guy in the guy is not the strongest in the gym, however his endurance is horrible in cardio. He is pure power only. lol.
    Thank you for bumping this terrible four-year–old thread to make your equally terrible post.
    ***Anyone With "Crew" in Their Signature Sucks Balls Crew***

The6TwoTitan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The6TwoTitan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The6TwoTitan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The6TwoTitan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The6TwoTitan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The6TwoTitan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The6TwoTitan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The6TwoTitan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The6TwoTitan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The6TwoTitan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The6TwoTitan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Pull ups are tough no matter who you are, but more mass and the more muscle bound people become I think they have a harder time because they don't hit those muscles as much, they do what judges want to see. Lean people it's the same imo they don't have the weight to stay grounded and I see a lot of swinging motions instead of up/down, so it really depends on how well a person is balanced and how much they use their stabilizer muscles in that area.
    Stay Natural, Stay Humble
    !Psalm3!

heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Google
    Myofibrillar hypertrophy.

Then Google
    Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy.
    Follow my quest for 100,000 pull ups this year

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asj9kQZoAthCdEwyN3JWdEE3cFdnOC1YcTRZR01kVVE#gid=0

1DieselPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1DieselPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1DieselPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1DieselPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1DieselPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1DieselPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1DieselPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1DieselPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1DieselPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1DieselPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1DieselPower is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by The6TwoTitan View Post
    Pull ups are tough no matter who you are, but more mass and the more muscle bound people become I think they have a harder time because they don't hit those muscles as much, they do what judges want to see. Lean people it's the same imo they don't have the weight to stay grounded and I see a lot of swinging motions instead of up/down, so it really depends on how well a person is balanced and how much they use their stabilizer muscles in that area.
    One of the best answers so far. Technique plays a massive roll. And even though two exercises such as pull ups and lay pull downs hit virtually all the same muscles, they are hit in a different way and the motion is completely different!
    I fear not physical pain, but the pain of regret -

It's not how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep going -

'You can't climb the ladder of success with your hand in the pocket' - Arnold

'Only start counting when it starts to hurt' - Ali

Training - 100%
    Diet - 100%
    = 200% that's how much you gotta give!