xxx_hockey will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxx_hockey will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxx_hockey will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxx_hockey will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxx_hockey will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxx_hockey will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxx_hockey will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxx_hockey will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxx_hockey will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxx_hockey will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxx_hockey will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Approach To Shoulder Growth

If you want your shoulders to grow do you lift heavier for less reps similar to a traditional mass workout (even for work on the individual heads) or do you keep the reps higher?

I've heard so much about "time under tension" for the shoulders to grow that I would hate to waste my time heaving up 40 LB. dumbbells on lateral raises for 6-8 reps in attempt to grow big if that's pointless.

Anybody have a take on this? I figured starting with a heavy pressing movement is a good call, but in performing lateral, front, and rear delt raises is it smart or stupid to go that heavy?

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I prefer higher repetitions and volume due to the fiber composition of the deltoids. Although, I'll mix in lower repetition work occasionally. A combination is best.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

xxx_hockey will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxx_hockey will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxx_hockey will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxx_hockey will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxx_hockey will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxx_hockey will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxx_hockey will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxx_hockey will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxx_hockey will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxx_hockey will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxx_hockey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the replies so far guys

The reason that this got me thinking is because I got a Gaspari training DVD free with my last bb.com order, and in the 'off-season shoulder training' portion with Rich and Flex Lewis the workout is as follows:

Clean & Presses 4x6-10
    DB lateral raise 4x6-8
    DB front raise 4x6-8
    DB incline bench rear raise 4x6-8
    behind the back shrugs 4x8-10

With this format, I would think guys would be heaving up heavy weight in order to fail under 8 reps with the delt raises... which is pointless when training shoulders if I've learned anything correctly, right?

YoungGunzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YoungGunzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YoungGunzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YoungGunzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YoungGunzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YoungGunzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YoungGunzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YoungGunzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YoungGunzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YoungGunzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YoungGunzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've found that my shoulders tend to grow more when i really pump them out with higher reps as opposed to heavy because kept in mind shoulders love constanst tension you really wanna build u that lactic acid I have a few vid's on my page talking about shoulder's one is brandon curry and another of larry scott check them out and give it a try
    TO REMAIN #1 U MUST TRAIN AS IF YOUR #2!!! I AM NOT AFRAID...I WAS BORN TO DO THIS!!! Bernard Hopkins: I'm always going to come in (to the fight) overconfident and I have a reason to. I always come in overconfident because I train so hard that I leave no room for doubt in my mind. I never go in there to lose. The word is not even in my dictionary. I train confident, and I train to think overconfidently. If I didn't, I'd be a fool. Train the mind to no limits, and the body will follow.

GrecoWrestler-Kickboxing MastaM's Avatar
    MastaM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MastaM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MastaM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MastaM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MastaM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MastaM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MastaM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MastaM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MastaM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MastaM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MastaM has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    For me, more weight, less reps seem to work a little better. Genetically, my shoulders have always been my strongest part. I don't do any direct work for front deltoids because so many compound exercises take care of them (military press, bench, dips). Mid deltoids, i usually do 8-10 reps of 3 sets with lateral raises. My rear delts I don't do too heavy though, I go pretty light and do 4x10 or whatever weight. Hope that helps.

aCb123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aCb123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aCb123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aCb123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aCb123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aCb123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aCb123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aCb123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aCb123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aCb123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aCb123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    definatly start with your heavy compounds. for me i do something like this.

5x5 Standing military press or Push Press or 4x6-8 arnold press
    5x5 OH squats

and if i do any isolation stuff il stick with an 8-15 rep range

RipgutCannibal is not very helpful. (-500) RipgutCannibal is not very helpful. (-500) RipgutCannibal is not very helpful. (-500) RipgutCannibal is not very helpful. (-500) RipgutCannibal is not very helpful. (-500) RipgutCannibal is not very helpful. (-500) RipgutCannibal is not very helpful. (-500) RipgutCannibal is not very helpful. (-500) RipgutCannibal is not very helpful. (-500) RipgutCannibal is not very helpful. (-500) RipgutCannibal is not very helpful. (-500)
    in 4 vids of 40lbs lateral raise. Swings dont count.