Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Thread: 5X5 Stronglift

Stats: 5'8", 185 lbs
    BodyPoints: 468
    Roman00 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Visit Roman00's BodySpace

5X5 Stronglift

Hey guys, I have a question about this program and would like some answers to help clarify it. I was reading about it and it specifically said use "barbell" for exercise. What I'm doing so far is squats with dumbbells since i cant balance the weight doing barbell squats. The objective of the 5X5 program is to increase the weight you life 10 lbs total every workout. Since i cant physically do barbell squats (with a heavy enough weight) should i be adding only 2.5 lbs per workout? I feel that exercise done with dumbbells are usually heavier then barbells. ex. a good weight for incline dumbell press for me would be around 60lbs and barbell i could do around 1.5x the weight. any advice?
    The Bigger You Are
    The Better.

Stats: 6'2", 160 lbs
    BodyPoints: 550
    AlexMac7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlexMac7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlexMac7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlexMac7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlexMac7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlexMac7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlexMac7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlexMac7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlexMac7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlexMac7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlexMac7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit AlexMac7's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Roman00 View Post
    Hey guys, I have a question about this program and would like some answers to help clarify it. I was reading about it and it specifically said use "barbell" for exercise. What I'm doing so far is squats with dumbbells since i cant balance the weight doing barbell squats. The objective of the 5X5 program is to increase the weight you life 10 lbs total every workout. Since i cant physically do barbell squats (with a heavy enough weight) should i be adding only 2.5 lbs per workout? I feel that exercise done with dumbbells are usually heavier then barbells. ex. a good weight for incline dumbell press for me would be around 60lbs and barbell i could do around 1.5x the weight. any advice?
    Strong lifts 5x5 is super ****ty dude. I'd move on to riptoes if I were you. When I started I did 5x5 stronglifts and stalled very early in. In my opinion it has to much volume to be effective.

And for both riptoes and stronglifts you only add 5 pounds per workout (2.5 on each side) not 10.