JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000)

Exclamation Need Motivation/Advice To Change Life!!

Since this is the Motivation section of BB forums, I felt thsi would be a good place to post this...

I feel like I have pretty much hit rock bottom. I feel like I am wasting my life away, and am not becoming the person I wanted and intended to be. Sometimes, I lay awake regretting choices I made/did not make that have led me to the way my life is now.

I am 24 years old right now, and feel like sometimes I am throwing my life away. I don't want to be 30-50 yrs. old, and feel like I didn't become the person I wanted to be.

Things I Need To Fix/Change:

-HEALTH
    --I am 5 feet 10 inches, but I am obese. I weigh 275 lbs. People have made fun of my weight calling me Biggie Smalls Jr.

--I had to get a colonoscopy at 22 years old because I was having anal bleeding. I found out it was internal hemorrhoids and nothing real serious. But, one of my uncles has colon cancer, so I don't know if I should be very concerned about it or not.

--I have borderline periodontal disease. I didn't brush and floss as much as I should of. That caused my gums to get bright red and I developed gingivitis.

--I am physically very weak. The last time I lifted weights (back in senior year high school/2005) my max on the bench press was 130 lbs. I feel like I am a little weaker than I was back then so all I know is that my max now is possibly even lower.

-HYGIENE/GROOMING
    --Brushing teeth/flossing(see above)

--I seem to have a lot of dandruff with regards to my hair. I can't seem to get rid of it. I shampoo my hair everyday and have done that for years; is that the possible cause of it?

--I don't shave my facial hair as much as I should. Also, I don't cuut my fingernails and toenails as often.

--Sometimes I will go to bed at night with the same shirt I wore throughout the day. My mom says that is a bad habit I need to break. I take showers in the morning not evening so that is why I do it, though don't know if that matters or not.

--The clothes I have aren't that nice I guess. I get most of my clothes from Wal-Mart and K-Mart.

-SCHOOL
    --I am going to a two-year technical college after getting put on academic suspension from a two year community college I used to go to. I feel if I had really applied myself in middle and high school I never would have had to go to any two-year schools and could have went to a great 4 year university.

--I need to start preparing for the SAT. I am going to take it to see if that will give me a better chance of getting into a 4 year university after I am done with the two year technical college I am in. The SAT I am taking will be in June 2010, and I still haven't really even started preparing. I have tons of prep books I could use.

-SOCIAL ANXIETY
    --I am very timid. I have low self-esteem, am soft-spoken and walk with my head down often. People ask me to repeat myself often, since I speak softly.

--I am considered as nice/sweet among people that know me at school.

--Never had a girlfriend and I am a virgin. I have never kissed or hugged,etc,etc.

--I have only 1-2 friends, but I feel they don't really consider me as friends but as "associates". Never feel like I really "fit in" sometimes.

-MISCELLANEOUS
    --My youngest brother(18 years old) goes to an Ivy League School. He is pretty popular, has a girlfriend and was the captain of the sports team he played in during high school. He looks down on me in an arrogant way. He feels like he is better than me and makes fun of my shortcomings. He says he will become more successful than me and there is nothing I can do about it. I want to become more successful than him to make him eat his words, though I don't know if it is possible at this point.

--I have no car and can't really drive. I only have a learner's license. My mother takes me to the places I need to go with her car.

--I am in Toastmasters but feel I don't fully apply myself. I have been there for a year and have only given one speech because of my laziness/procrastination.

--Procrastination in general(watch lots of TV, surf the internet,etc)

--Have no money, no checkbook, no debit card. I feel embarrased when I know others around me have those things.

--Ina business club I am in at school I am passive and don't contribute as much due to my laziness/social anxiety.

-CLIFFS:
    --I don't like the way my life is going right now and want to change it. I am looking for tips,advice,motivation,tough love,etc on how I can do it.

--Will rep anyone that gives me good advice, even though I only have a little rep.

Thanks everyone.

I am the juggernaut! TheJuggernaut85's Avatar
    TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well the health part is easy. Almost everything benefits from regular physical activity. Start exercising regularly, even small changes will help. In your situation walking to the store instead of using a vehicle starts to show some improvement. Hygiene, well thats just being personally responsible for yourself. As for you brother, f him, everyone follows a different path and has a different time line. The social anxiety and lack of gf you just need to start building the confidence bro. Get yourself out there! Which comes back to start exercising and lifting regularly, there is a strong correlation with people that work out and lift and their overall sense of self, it goes up. So you just need to start doing these things to better yourself and it will happen.
    Adam Borkhus ACE

"You cannot dream yourself into a character: you
    must hammer and forge yourself into one." - Thoreau

JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TheJuggernaut85 View Post
    Well the health part is easy. Almost everything benefits from regular physical activity. Start exercising regularly, even small changes will help. In your situation walking to the store instead of using a vehicle starts to show some improvement. Hygiene, well thats just being personally responsible for yourself. As for you brother, f him, everyone follows a different path and has a different time line. The social anxiety and lack of gf you just need to start building the confidence bro. Get yourself out there! Which comes back to start exercising and lifting regularly, there is a strong correlation with people that work out and lift and their overall sense of self, it goes up. So you just need to start doing these things to better yourself and it will happen.

How long in your opinion, will it take for my confidence to really get high once I start working out?

EDIT: Thanks for the advice so far! Will rep on recharge you and everyone else that posts in this thread.

johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    well. i still do some of the stuff i dont want to do. i started out at 336. i was a drinker and i ate really badly and i may still have to pay the price for what i have done.

i used to be the fat guy every one made fun of i even started on my self sometimes for attention. now that im think i think my friends see me as useless or they are afraid of me.

but now ive lost 102 pounds over the past 3 and a half years.

from what i have seen every problem you have you can do something about so be happy. you have a lot to improve upon.

a lot of problems you have can be solved by getting in to shape.

if u want any more advice or just someone to talk to, u can talk to me on my profile or i will check back here later.
    Dont have negative thoughts. Remember your mantra.

mworrel1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mworrel1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mworrel1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mworrel1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mworrel1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mworrel1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mworrel1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mworrel1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mworrel1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mworrel1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mworrel1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Brother... You are over do for an entire Lifestyle Revam! The first thing you need to do:
    Definitly start exercising/dieting! Don't do it because you have too... Do it because you want to! You want to be In great shape! You want to look in the mirror and be proud of what you see! You want to get a girlfriend! ect. Also Its a known fact Exercising is a great stress reliver and in general just makes you feel good afterwards!

After you have started this I would start doing other things. Honestly the hyginen thing, thats all you bro, Im gonna be ruff with ya here and say thats kinda nasty and you need to get on that.

Don't be so ruff on yourself either about the 2 year college, Its awesome your gonna take the SAT and try to get into a better school, but I went down a bad path in college and didn't even get to go period.

I come to you, as someone who has been in your position.. from since i can remember until i was 17 years old, I was very obese, lazy, alls i did was play computer. I revamped my life lost 80lbs it was awesome. I gained about 30 back which I am currently cutting and trying to get back down haha. I graduated and spent about 6 months non stop partying.

So honestly you need to start today! not tomorrow not in a week. Thats all procrastination. You don't have a gym.. go walk go run, hope on your bicycle.

Every single time you are presented with an option to better your self or be lazy you need to ask your self this one question: (((HOW BAD DO I WANT IT!))) When your favorite tv show comes on but you haven't exercised yet... HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT! your mom brought home donuts, but you could realistically take the 4 minutes and make some oatmeal. (How bad do you want it). And the most important part: Things aren't goin quite right, the scales not showing results (retaining water, bodys being weird, huge dump u haven't taken what ever) schools crazy, familys nuts. Its all to much Im just gonna kick back grab a few slices of pizza and watch tv... HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT! get out and exercise, eat a salad!

Set goals for your self to achieve! don't ever!!! accept defeat

good luck my brotha! Best of luck to you!

Grouch714 is just really nice. (+1000) Grouch714 is just really nice. (+1000) Grouch714 is just really nice. (+1000) Grouch714 is just really nice. (+1000) Grouch714 is just really nice. (+1000) Grouch714 is just really nice. (+1000) Grouch714 is just really nice. (+1000) Grouch714 is just really nice. (+1000) Grouch714 is just really nice. (+1000) Grouch714 is just really nice. (+1000) Grouch714 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You know man, it all comes to decisions. You can make the decision to stay the way you are, to live the life you live. But that's not what you want for yourself anymore. So make the DECISION to CHANGE. Change your health, your hygiene, your self esteem, insecurities, stability level. Change it all. Most people come to a point in their life where they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. But when they get to that point they can make one of 2 decisions: 1. To change. Or 2. To not change - And this can lead to lots of different options.

I encourage you man, your on the right path by wanting to better yourself, by wanting to go to a better college and do something with yourself. But now stay committed from here on out and be determined to change. But for yourself! Not to piss off your brother, not to have friends, not to look good, but to change for yourself and the way you think about yourself. So when it's all said and done it's you standing in the mirror and loving who you have become. I hope this helps a bit and encourages you. It's not a specific routine to exercise for health, or how to socialize with people, or how to brush your hair and shave your face, or how to get laid. It's to encourage you and better yourself. It's a journey, stay in it and enjoy the ups and downs of it but when your done it's all well worth it.
    "I'm not satisfied! I want more weight!" - Lou Ferrigno

KCChiefs/LALakers/LADodgers/USCTrojans!

barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I can help you:
    I am happy that you have taken the first and most crucial step to write down all the things that you want.

The good thing is that you can get what you want by changing/altering your actions. Your actions are something you control. This means you can do this.

You can't control your brother though and his negativity.
    You need to get away from your brother. Don't tell him anything.
    You need to have positivity coming in your life.
    Do not focus on your brother, but on yourself and the things you want.

#1 reason people fail is because of the people they have surrounded themselves with.

Befriend yourself first. You need to become someone YOU CAN and WILL respect.

I used to be the shyest person I have ever met. I have never met, to this day, someone who is worse than I used to be. I am strong now! I have done it, so I KNOW anyone, especially you, can do it, if you make it happen.

Take responsibility.

As you begin to take actions and start looking better and better each day, feeling better and better, each day ... you will encounter obstacles along the way. You have to be ready and prepared to deal with them in advance. You have to know how to deal with your brother. He will surely say things to you when he notices you changing for the better.
    Last edited by barbarian1543; 10-31-2009 at 10:34 AM.

I am the juggernaut! TheJuggernaut85's Avatar
    TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo View Post
    How long in your opinion, will it take for my confidence to really get high once I start working out?

EDIT: Thanks for the advice so far! Will rep on recharge you and everyone else that posts in this thread.

That depends on you man, you need to just kick it in to overdrive and go! Have some faith in yourself bro!
    Adam Borkhus ACE

"You cannot dream yourself into a character: you
    must hammer and forge yourself into one." - Thoreau

Xennen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xennen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xennen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xennen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xennen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xennen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xennen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xennen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xennen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xennen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xennen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo View Post
    Since this is the Motivation section of BB forums, I felt thsi would be a good place to post this...

I feel like I have pretty much hit rock bottom. I feel like I am wasting my life away, and am not becoming the person I wanted and intended to be. Sometimes, I lay awake regretting choices I made/did not make that have led me to the way my life is now.

I am 24 years old right now, and feel like sometimes I am throwing my life away. I don't want to be 30-50 yrs. old, and feel like I didn't become the person I wanted to be.

Things I Need To Fix/Change:

-HEALTH
    --I am 5 feet 10 inches, but I am obese. I weigh 275 lbs. People have made fun of my weight calling me Biggie Smalls Jr.

--I had to get a colonoscopy at 22 years old because I was having anal bleeding. I found out it was internal hemorrhoids and nothing real serious. But, one of my uncles has colon cancer, so I don't know if I should be very concerned about it or not.

--I have borderline periodontal disease. I didn't brush and floss as much as I should of. That caused my gums to get bright red and I developed gingivitis.

--I am physically very weak. The last time I lifted weights (back in senior year high school/2005) my max on the bench press was 130 lbs. I feel like I am a little weaker than I was back then so all I know is that my max now is possibly even lower.

-HYGIENE/GROOMING
    --Brushing teeth/flossing(see above)

--I seem to have a lot of dandruff with regards to my hair. I can't seem to get rid of it. I shampoo my hair everyday and have done that for years; is that the possible cause of it?

--I don't shave my facial hair as much as I should. Also, I don't cuut my fingernails and toenails as often.

--Sometimes I will go to bed at night with the same shirt I wore throughout the day. My mom says that is a bad habit I need to break. I take showers in the morning not evening so that is why I do it, though don't know if that matters or not.

--The clothes I have aren't that nice I guess. I get most of my clothes from Wal-Mart and K-Mart.

-SCHOOL
    --I am going to a two-year technical college after getting put on academic suspension from a two year community college I used to go to. I feel if I had really applied myself in middle and high school I never would have had to go to any two-year schools and could have went to a great 4 year university.

--I need to start preparing for the SAT. I am going to take it to see if that will give me a better chance of getting into a 4 year university after I am done with the two year technical college I am in. The SAT I am taking will be in June 2010, and I still haven't really even started preparing. I have tons of prep books I could use.

-SOCIAL ANXIETY
    --I am very timid. I have low self-esteem, am soft-spoken and walk with my head down often. People ask me to repeat myself often, since I speak softly.

--I am considered as nice/sweet among people that know me at school.

--Never had a girlfriend and I am a virgin. I have never kissed or hugged,etc,etc.

--I have only 1-2 friends, but I feel they don't really consider me as friends but as "associates". Never feel like I really "fit in" sometimes.

-MISCELLANEOUS
    --My youngest brother(18 years old) goes to an Ivy League School. He is pretty popular, has a girlfriend and was the captain of the sports team he played in during high school. He looks down on me in an arrogant way. He feels like he is better than me and makes fun of my shortcomings. He says he will become more successful than me and there is nothing I can do about it. I want to become more successful than him to make him eat his words, though I don't know if it is possible at this point.

--I have no car and can't really drive. I only have a learner's license. My mother takes me to the places I need to go with her car.

--I am in Toastmasters but feel I don't fully apply myself. I have been there for a year and have only given one speech because of my laziness/procrastination.

--Procrastination in general(watch lots of TV, surf the internet,etc)

--Have no money, no checkbook, no debit card. I feel embarrased when I know others around me have those things.

--Ina business club I am in at school I am passive and don't contribute as much due to my laziness/social anxiety.

-CLIFFS:
    --I don't like the way my life is going right now and want to change it. I am looking for tips,advice,motivation,tough love,etc on how I can do it.

--Will rep anyone that gives me good advice, even though I only have a little rep.

Thanks everyone.

In all honesty you see alot of those things in overweight people cause things snowball when you have lack of energy , self esteme, confidence.. but it works in reverse too Once you start getting in better shape your going to have more energy and Want to take care of yourself, tackle obsticles, feel confident, Raise up those Test Levels and lay waste to people who tell you that you cant do things.

Losing alot of weight is hard and you have to want it more then anything (which it sounds like you do, I was the same way i started out at 326 in march and currently 212 at 13% Body fat), but every extra rep, every extra minute of cardio, every resisted food temptation is worth it in the end and I can say for sure if you put in 3 solid months it will be all the motivation you need. When you see how you start changing it will make you want more, when it becomes all you can think about and then 3 months turns into 6 , 6 turns into 12 and then its just become your lifestyle..

google the animal advertisment that simply says " shut the **** up and Train"..... Print this out and stick it in your room, Cause as much theory as there is behind it and help / support, no one ever got ripped by talking about working out. Either you chose to put in the time or you dont, Dont tell yourself ill do it tommorow go out and do it today

Best of Luck to you, you wont regret it

deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000)
    alot of good responses here. i hope your reading them all and taking them all in.

heres mine-

you need to take back your life NOW! you can absolutely be better than your brother and if i was you, i would secretly be using his arrogance as fuel for the fire raging inside of me!

when you reach a point in your life when you feel you have hit rock bottom.. THATS when the decission has to be made..

you know youve failed at life this far. but seriously fat can be burned.. books can be read, and teeth can be brushed my friend. just because you have past failures doesnt mean you should fail every day of your life!!

start reading books on bodybuilding but keep the word bodybuilding out of your mouth for the first few years because until your body looks good, people will not respect you. you need to be humble for the next few years until you reach that level .

get on the treadmill and walk every single day of your life for the next 3-5 years! strength and endurance will increase but it takes a long long time

good luck
    the whole world makes me lol

Red9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Red9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Red9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Red9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Red9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Red9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Red9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Red9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Red9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Red9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Red9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well don't give up, cause things can always get better. Sure, life may never be exactly what you want it to be, but that's the case for most of us. First order of business is the hygiene. You just won't be confident or feel good enough to do much unless you are clean and well groomed. You will honestly be amazed at how much better you feel overall when you are clean cut and of good hygiene. Just get in the habit of making it your first order of business everyday. Go in, shave, trim hair as needed, brush and floss, etc...Then you will actually feel like doing something besides sitting on your ass all day. Now the driving thing is probably hurting your confidence a lot, too. You just gotta do it man. After a while it will become second nature and you won't even think about it. It's really not that scary at all once you're used to it. And once you start driving on your own it will bring a lot of independence to your life which will raise your self confidence tremendously. Just realize you have to do these things one by one, don't try to tackle too much at once. Good luck to you.

johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    make sure u take before and after photos too.
    Dont have negative thoughts. Remember your mantra.

Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well, finding a start to changing yourself is hard. Generally speaking, every problem will have a solution. Essentially what you wrote to me is just a problem, and you're asking me for a solution. That's a lot easier than it sounds and I know it's also much easier said than done. Basically you want to become someone that you're not right now. So that's your problem statement....

The key here is to become solution orientated. Think critically about what needs to happen in order for you to achieve your goal/solution. Ask yourself, what's so hard about changing myself? Is it that you don't know what to do, or is it that you know what to do but you're too lazy to take action. It sounds to me that it's a bit of both.

Let me ask you this, have you ever gone so far as to actually sit down and actually map out all your problems? That is, organize your thoughts? Or do you just acknowledge your problems as they occur but never really put forth an effort to conquer them in their entirety? In other words, you realize you have small problems but never really think about their impact as they accumulate into bigger problems. If so, that needs to stop right now.

As for your list of problems. all of them are fairly easy to solve. Remember, these are problems so think of them as such. The only thing you need to do is develop a solution and act upon it. That's it. The other thing that's important to realize is that everyone has problems, this is not just you. Don't feel alone in your problems. Even the people you admire have their own problems and the people that you think are seemingly perfect, also have problems. I'm talking about the so called popular people in your university/community all the way to Hollywood celebrities. They just don't show it because they hide it well. Lastly, you can accomplish much more than you think you're capable of. If you want to be "that guy", the guy whose good looking, rich, the center of attention, confident etc.. then you can be that guy if you so desire. By no means is it too late. Trust me, you can do it but only if you want to. Just realize that it takes a long time and that some of the damage you've done maybe permanent (Like your dental situation). But that's all the more reason as to why you should start acting now, because it's going to take a long time to get to where you want. You have to start now, the roadtrip is long. It takes many years to change. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to achieve your goals and even more irreversible damage will be done. I'm telling you, you have to start now. This situation of changing yourself is of the most utmost importance. Laziness cannot apply to a scenario of this magnitude.

So the real question is, how do you start? Remember, there is a solution for every problem so let's go through your list.

- You're obese. Acknowledging that and talking about it is good. You have to start going to the gym though. If you're afraid to go to the gym because of social situations then try to find a gym with not many people or go at a time when there is not many people there. However, if none of these options apply, then you're just going to have to go. There's no other solution. You absolutely must go to the gym. Forget the other people there. The other people in the gym will forget you are there too. Don't worry about what those other people will think of you. I'm telling you, you have to go to the gym and start lifting and doing cardio. Anybody can be strong, don't think that there's no hope.

- For your colonoscopy, there's nothing that can be done about that. Instead, solving this problem comes as a byproduct of solving your other problems. As I mentioned before though, some of the damage you've done is irreversible so you absolutely must start changing yourself now before you hurt yourself too much, physically and emotionally.

- For gingivitis, brush your teeth more often. Two to three times a day if necessary. Use mouth wash that combats gingivitis as well. Or you can research the problem on the Internet and develop your own solution. You can also get teeth whitening mouth wash and whitening strips to whiten your teeth.

- As for your weakness, I already mentioned above that anybody can get strong. It just takes years, that's all. Don't let the genetics card fool you into thinking you cannot become strong. Everybody has to start somewhere so if you're weak now then that's where you start. I promise though, if you constantly lift hard for the next few years then you can achieve much more than you think in terms of physical capabilities. I started off benching about 155 when I was 20 years old but I think I can come close to setting world records in natural competitions. I'm a firm believer that anyone can be strong. The genetics belief is just due to ignorant people who don't know how to train right. I'm telling you, you can do it...

- As for dandruff, try to get anti-dandruff shampoo like head n shoulders. Get a shampoo that combats dandruff. Research why dandruff occurs and what are some other things you can do to prevent it. (it's basically due to a dry scalp)

- For shaving, get an electric shaver at wal-mart which costs maybe 40 dollars. They're much better than traditional razor because it's most likely that your face will break out. You have to stay on top of this stuff. Shave and cut your fingernails. Going back to making progress in changing yourself, you can cut your nails or shave if you're not doing anything. Do it, and get that sense of accomplishment. Everything you do adds up. It may seem insignificant but trust me, it adds up to something bigger and better.

- As for clothes, that's not really something you can change right now. Money is money and so changing your clothes comes as a byproduct of solving your other problems. As for now, just continue to wear what you do and **** those mother ****ers don't think much of you because of what you wear. Those people aren't better than you. When it comes to interpreting how other people see you, you should see your situation as this ---- basically you have a problem, and you acknowledge that problem. You screwed up before but now you're working on fixing your problem. It's not a big deal at all, you screwed up but now you're fixing it so you're doing everything you can. So there's no need to be timid when it comes to talking. I know you're still going to be timid for right now but I'm just saying that there's no need to have anxiety about what other people think of you. **** it dude, as long as you're changing yourself, and only if you're changing yourself, then you shouldn't have to worry about social anxiety (Although you will still because it's much more complicated than that. I'll explain that later)

- For school, it's extremely important that you do well in school. In short, your whole future depends on it. Any aspect of your future, your career, social skills, bodybuilding anything you do is all affected by how much you know. Convincing you of the importance of school is way beyond what I'm willing to write so you just have to trust me that school is beneficial in ways that you're not even currently capable of comprehending (although you will be able to see why it's beneficial many years down the road, only after you have become more intelligent. At that time, the evidence for this thesis will be more apparent).
    Anyways, you're doing what you can for school so that's a plus. Study hard and focus on getting smarter.

- For social anxiety, again this is a problem and there is a solution for it. In this case, I'd recommend that you see a doctor so that maybe you can receive a prescription such as *****. Do the research, find a doctor near you and consult with him. This problem is much more severe than what you realize. You don't realize it because you've become accustomed to it but I'm telling you that you need to overcome this ASAP. In addition to taking prescriptions, solving social anxiety (as well as becoming confident) is not a problem in itself. Instead, social anxiety is an accumulation of other problems. That is, solving this problem comes as a byproduct of solving your other problems. I bet if you solved all these other problems, then you social anxiety would disappear and you would become more confident. I don't really think that club you're in is too beneficial in the sense of public speaking and social skills. However, I do think membership is valuable becomes it gives you a sense of affiliation which is important for psychological needs. (See Maselow's Hierarchy of needs). If you're looking to improve your social skills, you have to solve your other problems first.

- For your younger brother, I wouldn't worry about him being rude. He's just an external element that has no affect on your success. I would take what he says and just be passive about it. Whatever he says, oh well. I would not worry about it one bit. Instead, focus on your problems and the solutions you need to achieve. Concentrate on that. You can think of the situation being somewhat equivalent to a race. The people around you in a race have no affect as to how fast you finish the race. Therefore there's no purpose in focusing on people around you since they have nothing to do with how fast you go. Just focus on finishing as fast as you can.

- For your drivers license, again, that's a problem man. Your solution is to get a drivers license. **** the kids that are around you in the driver's ed. class. They won't remember, nor affect you once the class is over so **** them. They don't matter one bit. I'm not saying to be rude and such, I'm just saying that don't worry about your social anxiety when being in the classroom.

You know, every time you do these activities, you should feel a sense of accomplishment. It's like, every last little thing you do adds up to progress. When you're sitting around and doing nothing, think about how you can make progress towards your goals. While sitting there, you might find you can go to the gym, shower, brush your teeth or even research any other problems you have. Try researching cosmetic and medical procedures to help your image such as accutane, hair removal, tanning etc.... <--- Again, those are all solutions to potential problems you may have.

For the most part, I've shown you the road to solving your problems, it's just a matter of walking down the road. It's that simple. It's just an action. There's absolutely nothing hard about changing yourself. It's just a matter of doing it. As of now, your solutions don't even require thinking because I've done that for you. You just have to do it. I can't emphasize enough how easy that is to do. Like Nike said, "Just do it".
    Good luck with your goals, I'll be around here for awhile so if you have any other questions then you can ask. I won't write nearly as long as a response as this though.
    Last edited by Nitric Oxide; 11-02-2009 at 08:58 PM.

blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Everyday is a chance to start again, First and foremost get yourself to the gym. The exercise will lift your self esteem no end, not to mention the self discipline it brings will help you in the other aspects of your life.

Dental hygiene, is a no brainer brush floss and get an antiseptic mouthwash

Women, focus on the above first as soon as you start dipping your wick your troubles really start.

Driving, get a part time job and get your drivers license

Social anxiety, again the gym will help with this not only will you be out socialising.

Deep down I think you already know what to do, you just need a kick up the ass doing it.
    owe

henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    a lot of great advice up there. I just wanna say take it one step at a time and things won't look so bad. Need patience

mikegotgame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikegotgame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey mate!!
    all i can say is i know how you feel and went through in ur life.
    I can put my self in ur position because i was in your position at one stage of my life!
    When i was 15/16 years of age i weighed at 153.3kgs... made me highly obese!
    Now i stand at 75/80kgs and im 20 years !

First thing would be dont be scared of change, yes you will get embarrased through your journey to try to lose your weight and becoming a "better person" well i was when i started gym i was scared ****less!
    It's an amazing feeling when you change mate i can honestly tell ya .. nothing like it.
    The journey is long and gradually happens.. In my journey i honestly didnt speak to alot of people when i was in the zone.. i was constantly at the gym trying to prove people wrong and my self that i can do this .. that should be your motivation. Only thing that was there for me was the empty road everyday of my life and my lovely ipod, i used to get the goosebumps thats how much i started enjoying it, nothing like a empty road thats always there for you, everystep you take shall give you positivity!
    All the haters that you have in your life use them and store them in ur head when you are about to start a workout.. or anytime you are doubting your self to do anything thats bad for your health..
    You just need to picture yourself and set goals.. do your everyday task and u will end up enjoying yourself more in any other activity you take in life..

Just on top of my head buddy. goodluck bro!! enjoy it.. beautifull journey it is