MaxSven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Unknow shoulder injury.. 4 doctors clueless?

Hi,

After 3 years of bodybuilding 5 day a week training through which I never had any injury or anything that made me go back home one day and feel like "I did something wrong", I had a great body, toned and looked so fit until one day I started waking up in the morning with some sort of a shoulder-bicep pain.

I couldn't think of anything that could cause that, at the start I thought the problem was not going to be a big one, so I kept exercising for about 2-3 weeks but I felt like it was getting worse every day until I was forced to stop and give it a break... I know it was a mistake that I kept training during those 2-3 weeks, but it really didn't feel that bad at all at the start.

Problem is, the end of those 3 weeks which was back in mid 2010 was the end of my gym training. I saw 4 different doctors in Sydney-Australia, had an X-Ray/MRI/Ultrasound done, was referred to 4 different physiotherapist, no one could tell what the problem was, the scans did not reveal anything but a tiny bit of "bruises" on the shoulder tendon that from everyone’s point of view was going to be a matter of 4-6 weeks to heal with relaxation and physio...

after 1.5 year of relaxation and physio, nothing has changed, not even improved. went back to my doctor (who is the best or second best shoulder surgeon in Sydney) and he recommended that I might have to get a surgery that is called "Acromioplasty" through which the surgeon "shaves" a spur on the bone that gives more room to the tendon movement.

I had the surgery done 7 months ago, the doctor thought that I should relax it for 1 week after the surgery and then start physiotherapy which I did. He said that I should not go back to the gym until I at least do 2 month of physio which I did, and even made that 4 months instead of 2!

I admit that things started to feel much better 4 months after the surgery (btw I’m 30 yo), and as soon as I decided to return to the gym and start my gradual build up, on day two when I was only bench pressing a free bar, I immediately felt the exact same pain that I had before.... So i stopped, booked an appointment with my doctor again, saw him 2 weeks later and he really was kinda "I don't know, rest it for another 6 months and we'll see"!!

This has really changed my whole lifestyle, I liked my training, my diet, I have spent more than $20K to try and fix this problem.. I'm now devastated and feel like i'm having an unknown problem that is not fixable...

this injury is stopping me from riding my bike, playing tennis, swimming and a lot of other sporting activities... only thing I can do is lower body...

Can anyone give me an advice or think of anything that might help...

I'm seeing a different surgeon (this will be the fifth) in a couple of weeks....

Thanks.

Cruiser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cruiser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cruiser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cruiser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cruiser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cruiser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cruiser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cruiser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cruiser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cruiser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cruiser is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Might want to go to a chiropractor; they look for different things than a regular doctor. It could be a pinched nerve.

Cruiser

chonan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chonan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I apologize I have nothing of value to add, but to say sorry! That has to suck so bad. Good luck to you.