Thread: Targeted CKD

GambleBrah is a complete loser! (-2000) GambleBrah is a complete loser! (-2000) GambleBrah is a complete loser! (-2000) GambleBrah is a complete loser! (-2000) GambleBrah is a complete loser! (-2000) GambleBrah is a complete loser! (-2000) GambleBrah is a complete loser! (-2000) GambleBrah is a complete loser! (-2000) GambleBrah is a complete loser! (-2000) GambleBrah is a complete loser! (-2000) GambleBrah is a complete loser! (-2000)

Targeted CKD

yes i typed that right. this is a combination of the two. basically carbs pre and post workout. and then a 24 hour carb-up on the weekend (Sunday). actually read it in some article of lyle mcdonald(though he recommends going the full 48 hours carb-up on the weekend)

im going to try this one out. i was previously an obese person(yeah from 230 lbs im now at 165). and i cant handle too much carbs nicely, not unless its just a cheat day. but give me a cheat week full of carbs and fat and ill be back to my oldself in no time.

so i gotta add up some nice decent size(who wants to be a skinny ******* anyways), and minimize the fat gain.

i have not seen any guides on the net with regards to this, so i have to do some experimentation with myself. i was thinking i would and should go back into ketosis within two hours after workout. if anyone has done this, please share what are the results.

so here's the plan, i workout in the morning(with only black coffee fueling me). im gonna start with adding some postworkout carbs(milk in my whey shake, still adding fat though(PB) to lessen spikes) for recovery. gotta run it for a few days and then maybe add some preworkout carbs when there are positive results.

will be checking back in for further results. for now i need to get some rest. its day 3 tomorrow btw (shoulders, traps).
    Keto crew
    Bacon and Eggs for breakfast crew
    Bacon and Chicken Thighs for lunch crew
    Bacon and Ground Beef for dinner crew
    Its not a meal without Bacon crew
    The best part about keto is you only shat twice a week crew

KaylaElizabeth is just really nice. (+1000) KaylaElizabeth is just really nice. (+1000) KaylaElizabeth is just really nice. (+1000) KaylaElizabeth is just really nice. (+1000) KaylaElizabeth is just really nice. (+1000) KaylaElizabeth is just really nice. (+1000) KaylaElizabeth is just really nice. (+1000) KaylaElizabeth is just really nice. (+1000) KaylaElizabeth is just really nice. (+1000) KaylaElizabeth is just really nice. (+1000) KaylaElizabeth is just really nice. (+1000)
    How long have you been doing an SKD? It is always reccomended to become fat-adapted (8-12 weeks) on an SKD, before experimenting with a TKD/CKD.
    Competing this August with the NPC.

Current Lifts on this cut.. BW approx 125
    Squat: 215lbx1
    Bench: 125lbx1
    DeadLift:215lbx1

I like food. I like coffee.

XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I currently run this. I have been doing it for about a month. But I do an 18 hour refeed starting Friday morning. I dont slip out of keto and I have had good results
    Professional Athlete Crew
    Former D1 Athlete Crew
    Bald but dates a dime Crew

GambleBrah is a complete loser! (-2000) GambleBrah is a complete loser! (-2000) GambleBrah is a complete loser! (-2000) GambleBrah is a complete loser! (-2000) GambleBrah is a complete loser! (-2000) GambleBrah is a complete loser! (-2000) GambleBrah is a complete loser! (-2000) GambleBrah is a complete loser! (-2000) GambleBrah is a complete loser! (-2000) GambleBrah is a complete loser! (-2000) GambleBrah is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by KaylaElizabeth View Post
    How long have you been doing an SKD? It is always reccomended to become fat-adapted (8-12 weeks) on an SKD, before experimenting with a TKD/CKD.
    I could consider myself as advanced already when it comes to training.

Id say im right around 9-10% BF.

Ive been running ckd already for about 2 weeks. And I could tell that I can go in keto quickly. Note that ive already ran a keto diet before for a long period of time and had great results. I think I am fat-adapted already. Plus the fact that I workout 6 times a week on heavy weights.

So now I wanna add some size. I dont wanna get crazy over the weight though as this may translate to more fat. Hence this approach to keto.

A recent pic of mine:
    Keto crew

Originally Posted by XinApoK View Post
    I currently run this. I have been doing it for about a month. But I do an 18 hour refeed starting Friday morning. I dont slip out of keto and I have had good results
    Thats good to hear. Personally, I just want to fool myself that ive added size using carbs, when in reality it was fat.

Could I ask how many cals are you in surplus? And how much mass you gain every week? I was thinking 0.5-1 lb gain a week as a target.
    Keto crew

XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I was using it as a maintenance diet. The level of intensity of my workouts is what demanded more glycogen.
    Professional Athlete Crew
    Former D1 Athlete Crew
    Bald but dates a dime Crew

I've been running TKD for a couple of days now. So this is what i have

Pre-WO:
    1/2 cup of rolled oats 25g carbs
    2 tbsp skimmed milk 10g carbs
    2.5g creatine
    hot water

Post-WO:
    1 scoop Whey Protein
    Skimmed milk powder
    Water
    2.5g creatine

i could say energy levels are much better than on CKD. like i said im working out 6 times a week, and usually when im on CKD, i'm already depleted by the 2nd day( i could say this because theres no push in my legs anymore while walking)

ill be following this with a carb-up on day 7(rest day). im currently 165 right now. ill be waiting for a couple more weeks to show progress.
    Keto crew

i hit chest today, and did a run(would consider it LISS at is was more of like jogging and walking for around 15 mins). - the run was a bit hard because my legs wouldnt just cooperate with me

what i noticed though is that i had an explosive start to the workout. but noticed to crash mid-way.

i was thinking 50g total(pre and post) doesn't suffice for an individual who lifts heavy.

btw this is my workout for today in case anyone's wondering.

flat BB press (4x10-12x200)
    incline DB press(4x10-12x70 DBs)
    decline BB press (4x10-12x200)
    dips(3x10-12x30lb weight)
    cable flyes(3x10-12)
    close grip BB(3x10x135)(was crashing already)
    skullcrusher(3x10x80)
    cable pressdown(3x10)
    kickbacks(3x10)

maybe id shoot for 100g tomorrow and see what happens...
    Last edited by GambleBrah; 09-23-2014 at 05:40 PM.
    Keto crew

chest and triceps that is.

Plus i noticed that metallic taste never leaves my mouth during WO and even after drinking my PostWO shake. does that mean i wasn't kicked out of keto one bit?
    Keto crew

GG249 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GG249 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GG249 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GG249 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GG249 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GG249 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GG249 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GG249 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GG249 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GG249 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GG249 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GambleBrah View Post

Plus i noticed that metallic taste never leaves my mouth during WO

You experience this during every workout?