N3WS is just really nice. (+1000) N3WS is just really nice. (+1000) N3WS is just really nice. (+1000) N3WS is just really nice. (+1000) N3WS is just really nice. (+1000) N3WS is just really nice. (+1000) N3WS is just really nice. (+1000) N3WS is just really nice. (+1000) N3WS is just really nice. (+1000) N3WS is just really nice. (+1000) N3WS is just really nice. (+1000)

Straps..gloves..??

My calluses are starting to hurt more now when i workout (mainly back day).
    I know that the main solution would be to wear gloves. Would lifting straps also protect my calluses. Should i just buy straps or a pair of gloves also.

Any help will be apreciated.
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

**SUB**
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142867631&page=3

Reps for regular posters. Help a brother out.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    One: learn how to lift right. When pulling, the bar should be placed in the hand down by the fingers not in the middle of the palm. The movement as the bar positions itself is probably causing your pain.

Two you can search any of the many threads of gloves (two in the last two days) and straps ( at least one in the last week) to learn what these can best do for you and find what would be best in your situation.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

N3WS is just really nice. (+1000) N3WS is just really nice. (+1000) N3WS is just really nice. (+1000) N3WS is just really nice. (+1000) N3WS is just really nice. (+1000) N3WS is just really nice. (+1000) N3WS is just really nice. (+1000) N3WS is just really nice. (+1000) N3WS is just really nice. (+1000) N3WS is just really nice. (+1000) N3WS is just really nice. (+1000)
    For the first point you made, the calluses arn't in the middle of my palm, there just before the fingers at the top of the palm. I got small hands too so fingers arnt long enough to have a good control over the bar. ( im not trying to be cheeky or anything, just explaining)

I have searched the threads, I know gloves are for protecting the hands, but i was wondering if straps do this aswel even though they are mainly to help with the grip.
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

**SUB**

Inuendo? In HER end Oh! PickItUp's Avatar
    PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000)
    either will help...but straps may help more.

With gloves, you are still applying friction to your hands...the glove is just like a mediator.

With the straps however, a good portion of the contact with the bar is made with the strap. Your hand is there to make it all happen, but your grip is not really needed to keep a hold of the bar.
    Mark these words in the annals (no homo) of bodybuilding.com.
    8===D~~~ (.Y.)

cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by N3WS View Post
    For the first point you made, the calluses arn't in the middle of my palm, there just before the fingers at the top of the palm. I got small hands too so fingers arnt long enough to have a good control over the bar. ( im not trying to be cheeky or anything, just explaining)

I have searched the threads, I know gloves are for protecting the hands, but i was wondering if straps do this aswel even though they are mainly to help with the grip.
    Straps will not help with calluses on your hands. In fact if you aren't used to them, you might get minor abrasions around the wrists. Calluses are just something men have to deal with. Fine grit sandpaper & lotion does the trick. It's best to maintain them before they tear & bleed.

thanks for your replys.reps for you.
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

**SUB**

Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Chalk Chalk Chalk. Dries out the skin, stopping it flexing and folding so much. Slows callous formation and makes them less likely to tear off/open.

And as cyde says maintainence helps, I just take my pen knife to them after a shower when they get too thick.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 22

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i've had a bunch of torn callous', none have bled, though.

i've also got small hands, so i know what you mean, op. tim is right, though, play around with where you hold the bar- it really makes a difference. you'll still get callous', but nowhere near bad enough to stop you from lifting. straps do help, but they're not the most comfortable on your wrists. i haven't used gloves in a long time, but i can't imagine they would help much, and if i remember correctly, make it harder to hold the bar/handle for pulling movements.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I use a wrap that is mostly wrapped around the hand and a little down on the wrist. I then use a glove..I then use another wrap that goes from the thumb down around the wrist. Im not risking my body any longer..im not getting younger.
    !!!!DONT LIKE ME?..DONT AGREE!!!...DONT CARE!!!!..."drops mic"...PEACEOUT!!!

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mikieson View Post
    I use a wrap that is mostly wrapped around the hand and a little down on the wrist. I then use a glove..I then use another wrap that goes from the thumb down around the wrist. Im not risking my body any longer..im not getting younger.
    dang! if i did that i couldn't get what's left of my tiny fingers to wrap around the bar...

have you had wrist injuries, or are you just being ultra-cautious?
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by animalfan View Post
    dang! if i did that i couldn't get what's left of my tiny fingers to wrap around the bar...

have you had wrist injuries, or are you just being ultra-cautious?
    My left wrist has a crazy not on the end of the bone..Like if I hold my hand out and kind of bend it like im doing the "wave" I can POP it out and its kind of nasty..lol..It does get aggravated with using too much weight. So i take no chances any longer.
    !!!!DONT LIKE ME?..DONT AGREE!!!...DONT CARE!!!!..."drops mic"...PEACEOUT!!!

Originally Posted by mikieson View Post
    My left wrist has a crazy not on the end of the bone..Like if I hold my hand out and kind of bend it like im doing the "wave" I can POP it out and its kind of nasty..lol..It does get aggravated with using too much weight. So i take no chances any longer.
    i understand. do what ya gotta do, right?

lltoolj1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lltoolj1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lltoolj1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lltoolj1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yea calluses suck. I wouldent mind them at all if they dident cause discomfort when masterbating. I do wear gloves when lifting but there still there enough to make mr happy not very happy. Im not trying to be a smartass or anything. Its just real annoying when masterbating. soft hands would be great to have every once in a while. Oh well