fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Knee pain: leg extensions? (please help)

Hey everyone. Quick question.

Lately I've been having knee pain NOT in both knees, but in my right knee. It only hurts if I extend my leg and flex it. My knees don't hurt during squats, so I'm supposing it's the leg extensions...I did a few searches before asking this question, and none of them quite matched the same thing...so any feedback on this would be very, very much appreciated
    ^_^

lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If the pain you are experiencing is more in the front of your knee, it may simply be a wearing down of the articular cartilage on the undersurface of your kneecap which may be healed by some rest or ice and heat application or maybe some physiotherapy..however if it still persists, then it is probably more on the inner or outer knee,which I believe is an injury to you meniscus. This is a part of your knee that absorbs shock and helps with Joint movement. By not getting to a doctor to check it out you could be causing more damage and pain.

sitting here, its really tough to say that what it is exactly but just give it some time (i am assuming its not serious since your knees dont hurt doing squats) and see if it heals...

otherwise do go and see a physician ...

take care....

anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by fitlover View Post

Lately I've been having knee pain NOT in both knees, but in my right knee. It only hurts if I extend my leg and flex it. My knees don't hurt during squats, so I'm supposing it's the leg extensions...I did a few searches before asking this question, and none of them quite matched the same thing...so any feedback on this would be very, very much appreciated
    Leg extn isn't the best exercise for knee...it places a lot of stress on knee joint. try leg press or squat instead.

jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by anmol_khanna View Post
    Leg extn isn't the best exercise for knee...it places a lot of stress on knee joint. try leg press or squat instead.
    Very true.

I know this is going to sound odd; however, when doing your leg extentions be sure to concentrate on your quads flexing and not using your "lower leg" to "lift" the weight. You should lighten the weight and flex your quads. It will take a bit of work to do what I'm trying to explain, but in the long run it will help your knee pain a lot.

Most people "explode" out of the bottom by putting a lot of stress on the knees. Simply "lift" the weight with your quads. Start with no weight and see if you can feel what I'm doing my best to explain.

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey everyone, thanks so much for replying.

Basically, I can't really extend and flex my right leg all the way without the sharp pain in my knee, which means no extension exercises for me, at least not for a little while...

Bending, my knee feels fine. Extending however, seems to really trigger something, though I'm not sure what.

Are there any good quad exercises I could be doing that won't put extra stress on my knees? The pain is strange, since it rests right on top of the patella, instead of underneath or right below the kneecap...it doesn't feel pleasant though, that's for sure.
    ^_^

jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You can probably still do leg presses. Remember to stay on your heels when pressing. I'm not sure how your knee will react to lunges, they are good as well. Also, sissy squats are great for your quads.

lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i would suggest seeing a physiotherapist or the concerned doctor in that case without continuing with any leg exercises since all of them will somehow put some stress on your knees...

diagnosis is very important and if done on the early stages , it will prevent any further damage to your knees ...the sooner the better

I will probably go to a doctor sometime later this week. However, I just finished doing some more research on it, and it sound very similar to Jumper's Knee (patellar tendonitis) and in this case, I would just rest it awhile...the pain (like I said) is only when I flex my quad muscle, which pulls the tendon that attaches the kneecap to the tibia...that's the only area that it gets sore.

Should I just rest it for a few days and see if it goes away on it's own?
    ^_^

Should I just rest it for a few days and see if it goes away on it's own?
    Rest and Ice (20 minutes on per hour). ALWAYS ice (even if it doesn't hurt).

UPDATE:

My knee doesn't hurt when my leg is laid flat...if I have my leg on the floor and flex my quad, it doesn't hurt. It's only when I elevate my right leg and flex my quad that I get a sharp pain.

Now I'm a bit confused.
    ^_^

fslima0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fslima0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fslima0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fslima0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fslima0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fslima0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fslima0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fslima0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fslima0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    UPDATE:

My knee doesn't hurt when my leg is laid flat...if I have my leg on the floor and flex my quad, it doesn't hurt. It's only when I elevate my right leg and flex my quad that I get a sharp pain.

Now I'm a bit confused.
    Bump
    Did you find out the cause of the pain?
    Disregard aesthetics, acquire strength

Long term Goal:

B: 225 lbs
    S: 315 lbs
    D: 405 lbs

vero271991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Patellar Tendonitis

I am experiencing the same problem u experienced:/. What did u do to help the pain? I cant do leg extentions or leg curls without feeling a very uncomfortable pain on my knees. I can do squats without any problems but not leg extentions or leg curls:/ Can u give me some advice.. I rested my legs a 2 week rest and nothing.
    Vero

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by vero271991 View Post
    I am experiencing the same problem u experienced:/. What did u do to help the pain? I cant do leg extentions or leg curls without feeling a very uncomfortable pain on my knees. I can do squats without any problems but not leg extentions or leg curls:/ Can u give me some advice.. I rested my legs a 2 week rest and nothing.
    Maybe stick with squats?

You might also try foam rolling and trigger point therapy for your knee pain.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

Mooster199 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Same problem

Did you recover from this? I have the same issue with leg extensions, I tried to power out of it the last time at the gym and I'm not sure if knees really work like that because now I have swelling around the cap and a pain just above it where my quad attaches. I guess I might need to get a scan, I'll ice and rest for a week and see how I get on.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Don't train through pain. Don't lock out the leg extension and jar the joint.

Always combine isolation exercises like this with open chain movements like squats, lunges and Romanian deadlifts. That last one is particularly important - it brings me to my next point - if you train your quads, you should also train the antagonist muscle - i.e. the hamstrings.

Always train with fullest possible range of motion, goof form and a smooth tempo, never jerky, avoid clattering the joint at the end of each rep.

andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

This is a 10 year old post!

Anyway, people have these issues all the time.

The knee is a very complex joint with a number of tendons and ligaments and muscles involved.

On youtube there is a nice explanation as to cause and location of different knee pains.

There might be an injury that needs to heal.
    Or there might be a deficiency that needs addressing.

To transport water and nutrients into joints, tendons, cartilage, ligaments you need movement. Movement engages the muscles around the area to squeeze and relax and pump liquids and nutrients into the area of interest.

I found walking and yoga helpful to address my knee pain.
    Slow and steady.
    Cycling, walking, swimming.
    No car.