Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

To Answer All Your Cardio Questions(Article:Please Read)

Well now that's summer is approaching, everyone wants to lose weight. Cardiovascular exercise is a key component to shedding off those pounds. If you are interested in how to do this effectively than I suggest you read this post with some common questions that I've read and their answers.

What type of cardio should I be doing, high intensity or low intensity?

Well there have been recent studies about this. One group of people did high intensity cardio for a period of time while others did low intensity cardio. At the end of the experiment the group doing the high intensity cardio had burned more fat than the group who did low intensity cardio. The truth is that low intensity cardio for long periods of time actually burns more fat while you're exercising than the high intensity. They also burned a similar amount of calories during the exercise. However, studies showed that the group that did high intensity cardio continued to burn those calories afterwards while the group who performed low intensity burned barely any calories afterwards ultimately resulting in many more calories burned by the high intensity group. For long term fat loss, it is not techinically how much fat you're burning, but how many calories you are burning since the calorie deficit ultimately results in total fat loss.

Is HIIT a good form of cardio

Yes, HIIT is a great form of high intensity cardio. I would recommend it to anyone who is trying to lose some weight.

What is HIIT?

High Intensity Interval Training. It should take you about 15 to 20 minutes to complete and you do it in intervals. An example would be sprinting for 20 seconds than briskly walking for 40 seconds before repeating for the desired number of times. There are many other ways you can do this though. For more info on HIIT I suggest you read this, http://davedraper.com/hiit-cardio-training.html

Does it matter how I do the cardio?

Well I suggest running and walking because it's easy and you can do it just about anywhere. However if you would like, you can try an exercise bike or a rowing machine.

Should I be doing cardio in the morning on an empty stomach?

Well the answer is yes if you would like to burn that muscle that you've worked so hard for. The problem is that in the morning you are at a fasted state and cortisol levels are high. Cortisol is a catabolic hormone which aids in the loss of muscle. If you do the cardio on an empty stomach, your body will use your muscle that you've worked so hard for, in order to supply you with energy. What is the solution? Well I suggest that you eat some complex carbs such as oatmeal about 45 minutes before your cardio session so that they can provide your body with the fuel it needs and not your muscle.

If I eat carbs before my cardio, won't my body just be burning the carbs and not the fat?

Studies have shown that it's not what nutrients your body is burning that matters. Like I said before, what's important for fat loss is how many calories in total that you're burning.

When is the best time to do cardio?

It really doesn't matter as long as you're not doing it on an empty stomach.

What should I consume for post cardio nutrition?

A good whey protein shake should be sufficient, just like you drink post lifting.

Should I do my cardio on lifting days?

Try not to. Try to do your cardio on non lifting days so you can put all your energy into the cardio. If you have to do it on lifting days though make sure that you're doing it after you lift so you won't waste your lifting energy on cardio. I don't recommend doing cardio the day that you're training legs though.

Well that's it. I hope this answers alot of your guys questions. Maybe we could make this a sticky. If you guys have questions or comments then feel free to post or PM me.

Rydain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    *BUMP*

Nice work.

AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Bump on the sticky im sick of these dumbarse cardio threads.
    WHAT do you call a Bodybuilder with big balls ?

A Beginner

Kevin469 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice Article. I do have one question though. During my research is it almost always said to do cardio of the morning (after you eat something*) and this article goes on to say that you can do it anytime as long as it's not on an empty stomach. So my question is that will doing it of the morning make you're fatloss goal come more quicker or can cardio be done in the afternoon and be just as quick for burning bodyfat off as doing it in the morning?

Aussie machine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was wondering the exact same thing, as I have uni all morning and the only possible time I can do Hiit cardio is around 4-5 pm in the afternoon. Im wondering if it is still possible to have the afterburn affect even though we go to bed in 5-6 hours after doing the cardio in the afternoon.

Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    nice post man

Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bump, good explanation. make it sticky.

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by Kevin469
    Nice Article. I do have one question though. During my research is it almost always said to do cardio of the morning (after you eat something*) and this article goes on to say that you can do it anytime as long as it's not on an empty stomach. So my question is that will doing it of the morning make you're fatloss goal come more quicker or can cardio be done in the afternoon and be just as quick for burning bodyfat off as doing it in the morning?
    Yup anytime of the day is equally efficient.

Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

good job

thnx, u just answered all my cardio questions, i was so lost, i'm starting my cutting phase on tommorrow and i was confused as to what type of cardio and stuff i should do, but u just answered it, thnx

p.s., if i was to do HIIT for cardio, lets say i was going to sprint ; would i sprint for 20 seconds , then walk for 40 seconds, then repeat? 20+40=60 therefore, i would basically keep track by knowing that a 20 minute session consisted of 20 sprints? that correct?
    Last edited by Holla112; 04-27-2003 at 08:30 AM.
    "It's like I'm in my own ****in' world , I speak how I feel, Sometimes I feel like I'm jus' too ****in' real!"

height: 6'4
    weight: 215lbs
    arm: 15.8
    waist: 34'
    Currently cutting, down from 225 @ 15% bf to 210 @ 11-12% bf

Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    bump good thread
    To be the "great one" you got to beat the great one.

El Greco's favourite website:
    www.fortifiediron.com
    Http://forums.fortifiedIron.com

Re: good job

Originally posted by Holla112
    p.s., if i was to do HIIT for cardio, lets say i was going to sprint ; would i sprint for 20 seconds , then walk for 40 seconds, then repeat? 20+40=60 therefore, i would basically keep track by knowing that a 20 minute session consisted of 20 sprints? that correct?
    Yea, don't do any more than 20 though. There's no need to try to keep it 15-20.

Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

got it! thnx !
    "It's like I'm in my own ****in' world , I speak how I feel, Sometimes I feel like I'm jus' too ****in' real!"

height: 6'4
    weight: 215lbs
    arm: 15.8
    waist: 34'
    Currently cutting, down from 225 @ 15% bf to 210 @ 11-12% bf

massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

damn eh bignbuff? they won't even sticky it in this forum. I think it's a good post though, so I'm gonna bump it for you.
    Train like an animal
    Eat like a horse
    Sleep like a baby
    Grow like a weed

I've got more mass than a church on sunday.

someone, somewhere is training harder with less excuses.

the harder I lift and the more I eat, the better my genetics seem to get.

got www.bodybuildingapplied.com ?

BullsEye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

good job bignbuff! great article

Thanks guys. I don't think mods hang around here anyways.

Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bump

pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    bump

Thanks for bumping it guys. Sticky mods?

bump