pan321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pan321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pan321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pan321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pan321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pan321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pan321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pan321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pan321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pan321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pan321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Women with muscular legs?

I notice at my gym that the women tend to have (on average) more muscular legs than the men? Is this due to physiology, exercise regime, sports background or all of the above? Any ideas? Id like to duplicate WHATEVER it is if its exercise pattern. I noticed this was the case in high school as well

murrie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking women with muscular legs

well-can't really answer the why part. I'm a 45 yr old natty girl and my legs have always been bigger than my upper body. Just part of the whole business of being a girl I suppose. One thing to always remember-you can always tell if a guy is a "true" guy bodybuilder by how big his legs are. Conversely, you can always tell a "true" gal bodybuilder by how big her shoulders/pecs are. Something to think about. I've always trained my legs hard. To the point of feeling sick. Was told by my trainer that you would get extra credit points for throwing up..........

Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I notice that women have more of that "nice toned" look on their legs, but if you're looking at guys' whose legs aren't as muscular as most of the girls', then someone's priorities are screwed up.

Lovin' Thickums since '88 Cheesin's Avatar
    Cheesin is just really nice. (+1000) Cheesin is just really nice. (+1000) Cheesin is just really nice. (+1000) Cheesin is just really nice. (+1000) Cheesin is just really nice. (+1000) Cheesin is just really nice. (+1000) Cheesin is just really nice. (+1000) Cheesin is just really nice. (+1000) Cheesin is just really nice. (+1000) Cheesin is just really nice. (+1000) Cheesin is just really nice. (+1000)
    do guys where short shorts at your gym? that's the only way one could tell.

But seriously, women train lower body more frequently, and men train upper body more frequently/intensely on average. It is that simple.

pan321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pan321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pan321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pan321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pan321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pan321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pan321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pan321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pan321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pan321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pan321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile even more so when you consider overall size ..

Originally Posted by murrie View Post
    well-can't really answer the why part. I'm a 45 yr old natty girl and my legs have always been bigger than my upper body. Just part of the whole business of being a girl I suppose. One thing to always remember-you can always tell if a guy is a "true" guy bodybuilder by how big his legs are. Conversely, you can always tell a "true" gal bodybuilder by how big her shoulders/pecs are. Something to think about. I've always trained my legs hard. To the point of feeling sick. Was told by my trainer that you would get extra credit points for throwing up..........
    I think for sure everyone tends to train what's in good shape to start with. I'd just that among the most fit people at my gym .. guys and girls ... throwing out the 85% of everyone that's in pretty lousy shape ... the fit girls are in much better shape proportionately than the most fit guys ...

just an observation. I've been working my legs .. and trying to figure who's doing what for their legs with some success. Interestingly ... I find I should talk to the ladies ... which is a bit awkward ...

CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've noticed the ladies at my gym (50/50) have great legs as well as glutes. I don't see a whole lot of them squatting but there are A LOT of them that take the kickboxing classes and pilates. For the exception of one lady I see in there every week....today she was doing BB squats and got up to 225lbs on there for a good 3-4 reps. Pretty impressive!

For the men, In my opinion and from what I've noticed here and there, I'm pretty much the only one that trains legs at least once a week....kinda sad

flyboy51v is not very well liked. (-100) flyboy51v is not very well liked. (-100) flyboy51v is not very well liked. (-100) flyboy51v is not very well liked. (-100) flyboy51v is not very well liked. (-100) flyboy51v is not very well liked. (-100) flyboy51v is not very well liked. (-100) flyboy51v is not very well liked. (-100) flyboy51v is not very well liked. (-100) flyboy51v is not very well liked. (-100) flyboy51v is not very well liked. (-100)

makes you wonder

Originally Posted by CEPCNC View Post
    I've noticed the ladies at my gym (50/50) have great legs as well as glutes. I don't see a whole lot of them squatting but there are A LOT of them that take the kickboxing classes and pilates. For the exception of one lady I see in there every week....today she was doing BB squats and got up to 225lbs on there for a good 3-4 reps. Pretty impressive!

For the men, In my opinion and from what I've noticed here and there, I'm pretty much the only one that trains legs at least once a week....kinda sad
    yea ... I see the same thing ... makes me wonder whether I'd be better off ... get better leg development just doing kickboxing classes!

Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by CEPCNC View Post

Theres VERY few girls who squat at my gym. I see 2-3 ( 2 of them are trainers working at the gym as well ) that squat on a regular bases, and the other is my girlfriend.

2 months of squatting has had an amazing effect on my gfs legs
    Starting Strength... Again! - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169172893

6 Month Beginner Starting Strength Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118409981

Joelift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joelift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joelift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joelift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joelift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joelift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joelift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joelift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joelift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joelift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joelift will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Women tend to carry whatever extra fat they have in their thighs, that may give a slight illusion of size. They also tend to have a much smaller upper body, making their legs appear larger.

I will agree that on a vast majority I enjoy most womens' legs, haha... but the criteria is also pretty easy to meet... tone and tan and I'm happy.
    Dogs are forever in the push-up position - Mitch Hedberg

centoshred is on a distinguished road. (+10) centoshred is on a distinguished road. (+10) centoshred is on a distinguished road. (+10) centoshred is on a distinguished road. (+10) centoshred is on a distinguished road. (+10) centoshred is on a distinguished road. (+10) centoshred is on a distinguished road. (+10) centoshred is on a distinguished road. (+10) centoshred is on a distinguished road. (+10) centoshred is on a distinguished road. (+10) centoshred is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    nobody's got it yet. I read and article about androgen reception in your body. males typically have the most androgen receptors in their upper body...ie traps, shoulders chest and back. it was saying that this is why calves are so stubborn. with women it's just the opposite. with untrained males and untrained females, the females almost always have bigger legs and the males have a bigger upper body.
    Last edited by centoshred; 10-26-2009 at 07:19 PM. Reason: grammar