Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000)

Rice protein vs gemma pea vs whey protein

Hey guys,

Just a quick question - I've been searching for this and I haven't really found a definitive answer. Maybe someone here knows something I don't.

Has anyone ever tried either brown rice protein isolate or gemma pea protein isolate and can testify as to how it compares to whey concentrate? Things like taste, mixability, digestability, whether or not it gave you the raging ****s, all of that. I usually get unflavored stuff so that would be ideal for a comparison, although at this point I'll take what I can get.

Also, from what I've read, both of these proteins have an excellent amino acid profile as compared to whey; I've seen figures stating that they're around 97% of the whey profile... Does anyone know if that's an accurate statement? Also, is there any information on how quickly digested these proteins are? Would they be an adequate before-bed protein, or am I better off with something like casein there?

Any help on -any- of the above subjects would be appreciated, I'm sick of whey at this point.
    thanks

Dashstep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dashstep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dashstep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dashstep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dashstep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dashstep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dashstep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dashstep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dashstep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dashstep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dashstep has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you want to get a good idea of unflavoured pea protein go into your garden dig up some dirt and blend that with water/milk. On the plus side the pea probably mixes better than dirt though. Never tried unflavoured versions of the other two however most people say rice tastes better than pea.

As for amino quality/utilisation etc I'm unaware.

Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Dashstep View Post
    If you want to get a good idea of unflavoured pea protein go into your garden dig up some dirt and blend that with water/milk. On the plus side the pea probably mixes better than dirt though. Never tried unflavoured versions of the other two however most people say rice tastes better than pea.

As for amino quality/utilisation etc I'm unaware.
    Damn. I guess let's strike that one out then. I never was much for the taste of dirt

Any votes on brown rice isolate vs whey concentrate? The claim is that the BRI has something like 97% the amino acid profile that the whey does.

(Damn, I wish I was a biochem major...)

bump for the afternoon crowd

soyboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the pea proteins vs wpi's. pea protein is much better for use in cooking. it acts a lot more like flour so great for pancakes, muffins etc.