Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ZabCuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZabCuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZabCuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZabCuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZabCuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZabCuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZabCuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZabCuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZabCuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZabCuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZabCuz will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Lyle McDonald - Rapid Fat Loss

Im going to be doing 12 days of lyle mcdonald - Rapid fat loss. Just posting my plan and looking for any tips/ideas that will make it easy. At the moment i weigh 80kg(approx) at an estimated 16% bf. My goal is to get to 12% by mid way through December. Following the basic table in the RFL book im assuming im 150pound LBM, and im gonig to b doing 2g/1pound protein.

Eating around 300g protein per day - 1000calories per day limit. Eating mainly chicken breast, tuna and egg whites. Oh and some vegetables - No starchy's.
    Going to take Yohimbine HCL 15mg + Caffeine 200mg in the mornings with either low intensity runs for 20 minutes or HIIT(twice a week max for 8 sets of 20sec sprinting with 10 sec rest).

Will also do 2 full body workouts a week and use jack3d as preworkout supp and then Scivation Xtend after. Also taking 6x1000mg fish oil and 1x1000mg flaxseed oil split throughout the day.

Is there anything else i should be looking out for to make this a little easier? Or anyone that has done this and got some tips..

Livingitup44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Livingitup44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Livingitup44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Livingitup44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Livingitup44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Livingitup44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Livingitup44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Livingitup44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Livingitup44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Gl!

Looks like you have got it down (seriously you are not going to be able to do hiit, so don't worry about it. You DON'T need it. The diet is a huge enough deficit.)

Good Luck and stay positive

And it is very helpful to keep an additional log in this website:

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12
    "Pain is temporary... quitting lasts forever"-Lance Armstrong :)

"I get nervous before leg days" lol

ilovesarakim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovesarakim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovesarakim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovesarakim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovesarakim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovesarakim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovesarakim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovesarakim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovesarakim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovesarakim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovesarakim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Man. I would totally do this diet if there was a vegetarian version. Haha.

TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ilovesarakim View Post
    I so don't get vegetarians. Doesn't make any sense to me. Meat is the best part of every meal. Plus how do you ingest 300g of protein without meat. 6 protein shakes a day? Yikes.

hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Don't take the fat burners and don't do HIIT.

If I were you I'd really read the book again.

ZabCuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZabCuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZabCuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZabCuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZabCuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZabCuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZabCuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZabCuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZabCuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZabCuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZabCuz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    umm pretty sure he says to take them, im still not fully done reading the book but you kno, i get most of it and ima finish reading it on saturday when i have a chance. bout 70% thru it..

hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Oh, the fat burners were just my personal opinion; I don't think they do much.
    The HIIT part, however, is elaborated in the book.

Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000)
    You can get as close as possible to it by consuming a lot of TVP, egg whites, fat free cheese and tofu. Hell, I'm not a vegetarian but ate mostly vegetarian when I was doing this diet because you can create a lot more variety with egg whites than you can with plain chicken breasts.

Inuendo? In HER end Oh! PickItUp's Avatar
    PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by zabzab21 View Post
    Eating around 300g protein per day - 1000calories per day limit. Eating mainly chicken breast, tuna and egg whites. Oh and some vegetables - No starchy's.
    I am sorry, but your plan is mathematically IMPOSSIBLE.

300g of protein is 1200 Cal by itself. Do you have a FAT FREE source of protein that you will eat exclusively for those 12 days? If not, you will consume at least 1500 Cal per day...1200 Cal on the protein, and 300 Cal for the fat and the few carbs you get from either sauces or the veggies you plan on eating. I would plan on eating at least 15g of fat each day for the two weeks, and maybe 30g of carb (if that's even possible).

Good luck on whatever plan you implement.
    Mark these words in the annals (no homo) of bodybuilding.com.
    8===D~~~ (.Y.)

fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by zabzab21 View Post
    Im going to be doing 12 days of lyle mcdonald - Rapid fat loss. Just posting my plan and looking for any tips/ideas that will make it easy. At the moment i weigh 80kg(approx) at an estimated 16% bf. My goal is to get to 12% by mid way through December. Following the basic table in the RFL book im assuming im 150pound LBM, and im gonig to b doing 2g/1pound protein.

Going to take Yohimbine HCL 15mg + Caffeine 200mg in the mornings with either low intensity runs for 20 minutes or HIIT(twice a week max for 8 sets of 20sec sprinting with 10 sec rest).

Will also do 2 full body workouts a week and use jack3d as preworkout supp and then Scivation Xtend after. Also taking 6x1000mg fish oil and 1x1000mg flaxseed oil split throughout the day.

Is there anything else i should be looking out for to make this a little easier? Or anyone that has done this and got some tips..
    watch out with the tuna - if it is in olive oil that stuff can add up real quick. (the calories are "drained") basically a can of tuna can run you 500 cal if you don't watch out.

Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Where can I get a copy of this diet?
    -------------------------------
    Strong Ass Jew Crew
    Big Beyond Belief and Bold Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120268681

Mrhanky5555 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a newb question... What does hiit stand for?

Inuendo? In HER end Oh! PickItUp's Avatar
    PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Mrhanky5555 View Post
    I have a newb question... What does hiit stand for?
    high intensity interval training

alternate high intensity with low intensity for like 20 minutes. Do some research to learn more.
    Mark these words in the annals (no homo) of bodybuilding.com.
    8===D~~~ (.Y.)

ilovesarakim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovesarakim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovesarakim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovesarakim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovesarakim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovesarakim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovesarakim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovesarakim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovesarakim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovesarakim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovesarakim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheAntar View Post
    I so don't get vegetarians. Doesn't make any sense to me. Meat is the best part of every meal. Plus how do you ingest 300g of protein without meat. 6 protein shakes a day? Yikes.
    It's for health reasons mainly. Also I got grossed out by some videos a while back and lost my appetite for meat. There are tons of health benefits, but lots of people just LOVE meat and would never go veg. There are still many ways to get protein in a vegetarian diet, (tofu, seitan, protein powders, beans, nuts, seeds, boca, morningstar, etc)

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It's for health reasons mainly. Also I got grossed out by some videos a while back and lost my appetite for meat. There are tons of health benefits, but lots of people just LOVE meat and would never go veg. There are still many ways to get protein in a vegetarian diet, (tofu, seitan, protein powders, beans, nuts, seeds, boca, morningstar, etc)
    You look to be in good shape so this probably doesn't apply, but if it is for health reasons...... Please tell me that you aren't like my vegetarian friend... HE DOESN'T EAT VEGETABLES!!!!!

Carbs, carbs, carbs,......cheese pizza, chips, nuts and crap... The guy doesn't like broccoli, asparagus, green peppers...anything that is good for him... His vegetarian diet is much worse than my meat and veggie diet (low carbs). The worst part is his son is another obese vegetarian.... and they think they eat healthy!

I can respect a vegetarian that has a moral issue with killing animals (I disagree, but I can respect), but being a vegetarian doesn't mean your diet is any better than anyone else's!

Originally Posted by ejthomp View Post
    You look to be in good shape so this probably doesn't apply, but if it is for health reasons...... Please tell me that you aren't like my vegetarian friend... HE DOESN'T EAT VEGETABLES!!!!!

Carbs, carbs, carbs,......cheese pizza, chips, nuts and crap... The guy doesn't like broccoli, asparagus, green peppers...anything that is good for him... His vegetarian diet is much worse than my meat and veggie diet (low carbs). The worst part is his son is another obese vegetarian.... and they think they eat healthy!

I can respect a vegetarian that has a moral issue with killing animals (I disagree, but I can respect), but being a vegetarian doesn't mean your diet is any better than anyone else's!
    I eat tons of fruits, veggies, and whole grains. So yeah I'm not like that guy. My sister is like that too. She's a vegan supposedly, but all she eats is chips, soy ice cream sandwiches, pizza, and fried foods. It's nasty. I have no problem with meat eaters, as they get lots of nutrients and have a much easier time getting protein, I just have no appetite for flesh. :P

Then theres the vegetarian/vegans who post that they are vegetarian/vegan on their myspace of whatever but then go to mcdonalds and eat cheeseburgers and claim that it's made out of soy and artificial rubber. Sigh..

Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Felonist View Post
    Where can I get a copy of this diet?
    http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=lyle+mcdona...+fat+loss+diet

Carpathia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Carpathia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Carpathia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Carpathia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Carpathia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Carpathia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Carpathia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Carpathia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Carpathia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Carpathia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Carpathia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    do not do hitt, EC stack is fine, you will be taking in well over 1000 cals a day eating 300gs of protein, plus you need to take fish oil pills which will also add to your cals

Originally Posted by Tiffany_P View Post
    You can get as close as possible to it by consuming a lot of TVP, egg whites, fat free cheese and tofu. Hell, I'm not a vegetarian but ate mostly vegetarian when I was doing this diet because you can create a lot more variety with egg whites than you can with plain chicken breasts.
    I can't think of what TVP means. Lol.

What kind of meals did you eat?

I can't think of what TVP means. Lol.

What kind of meals did you eat?
    Textured vegetable protein. It is made from wheat protein and it's a great meat sustitute. It's non-fat, very high protein and has lots of fiber so minimal excess carbs. I'm not sure how easy it is to find in regular grocery stores, but Bob's Red Mill is one brand. Any recipe that uses ground meat can be replaced with TVP.

When I did RFL, most of my meals were egg white omelettes. I must've had three per day. You can make tacos from TVP and wrap them in lettuce. It's a really boring diet though.

Originally Posted by Tiffany_P View Post
    Textured vegetable protein. It is made from wheat protein and it's a great meat sustitute. It's non-fat, very high protein and has lots of fiber so minimal excess carbs. I'm not sure how easy it is to find in regular grocery stores, but Bob's Red Mill is one brand. Any recipe that uses ground meat can be replaced with TVP.

When I did RFL, most of my meals were egg white omelettes. I must've had three per day. You can make tacos from TVP and wrap them in lettuce. It's a really boring diet though.
    Yeah it must be boring. The results probably pay off though! I might give it a go if I can think up a great meal plan..

Can people give me tips on types of veges to eat on this diet because im not big on veges anyway..usually i just eat cucumber and tomato. BUTT another question is with Tomato its a fruit and has fructose in it...is that banned on this diet?

Livingitup44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Livingitup44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Livingitup44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Livingitup44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Livingitup44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Livingitup44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Livingitup44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Livingitup44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Livingitup44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eat: Broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber, brussel sprouts, spinach, cabbage, zucchini, lettuce, eggplant, asparagus, red/green bell peppers, celery, mushrooms.

Eat sparingly: Tomato, yellow peppers, onions

Free foods: Lemon juice, all spices, vinegar, mustard, soy sauce, low carb salsa

Beverages: water, diet soda, coffee, crystal light, unsweetened teas, broth/bouillon.

*I would go ahead and take the supplements you listed because you are going to be as hungry as hell on some days and it will act as an appetite suppressant.

Fighting the Brotology. VegasPumped's Avatar
    VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Op, are you gonna eat 1000 calories/day?
    And lift weights?
    Enjoy your muscle loss.

Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by TheAlmightyJad View Post
    Op, are you gonna eat 1000 calories/day?
    And lift weights?
    Enjoy your muscle loss.
    Look into Lyle Mcdonald work before making assumptions.

haha how funny r some people that have no idea :P

LookAFatKid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LookAFatKid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LookAFatKid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LookAFatKid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LookAFatKid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LookAFatKid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LookAFatKid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LookAFatKid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LookAFatKid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LookAFatKid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LookAFatKid has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think I'll try this too, minus the fat burner and caffine...

Cept I'll still do my daily weightlifting and double the cardio.
    Official Endo ~ Meso Crew Member - 1.67
    _-=OFFICIAL SQUAT CREW=-_
    {{**DIRTY SOUTH CREW**}}
    XBL GT: SuthrnChevyBoy
    PSN: Bertstare_jpeg (srs)

I rep everyone back

Carpathia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Carpathia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Carpathia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Carpathia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Carpathia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Carpathia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Carpathia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Carpathia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Carpathia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Carpathia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Carpathia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LookAFatKid View Post
    I think I'll try this too, minus the fat burner and caffine...

Cept I'll still do my daily weightlifting and double the cardio.
    yeah, thats a terrible idea

You have to do this diet EXACTLY as layed out in Lyle McDonald's book!!!!!!!

Or you can be GUARANTEED muscle loss.....geez...ppl as if a monster deficit is not enough. lets add "double the cardio".....

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Livingitup44 View Post
    You have to do this diet EXACTLY as layed out in Lyle McDonald's book!!!!!!!

Or you can be GUARANTEED muscle loss.....geez...ppl as if a monster deficit is not enough. lets add "double the cardio".....

Look at it this way... if they do add all kinds of cardio and weight training, you know they're not actually doing the diet as it's designed.... 'cause anyone that's done it knows there's simply not enough energy to do much more than the minimal exercise Lyle lays out.