Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by iceman6544 View Post
    Where do I find lyle's book at? There was a link on Pg. 1 but it didn't work also how much is it thanks
    Use google. Make google a part of your life every single day.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Google... hmmm... I like that idea.

This may help.....: http://tinyurl.com/ycnyyn9

9inchnails has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

does veggies count as part of the protein intake??

hi, it says in the book that i can eat unlimited amount of non starchy veggies, i login to my livestrong account and of course the veggies have protein...do i include it as a part of my protein intake for the day??

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by 9inchnails View Post
    hi, it says in the book that i can eat unlimited amount of non starchy veggies, i login to my livestrong account and of course the veggies have protein...do i include it as a part of my protein intake for the day??
    Do you honestly think eating "unlimited" amounts of anything is a good idea? Anyhow, just about everything has caloric value so log it.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000)
    Why no starchy carbs? Just curious? if you say anything about GI this has been disproven countless times so I am assuming there is another reason.

I luv Demi Lovato! U mad? Skullaway's Avatar
    Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Dths View Post
    Why no starchy carbs? Just curious? if you say anything about GI this has been disproven countless times so I am assuming there is another reason.
    Because those are the rules of the diet.

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Starchy carbs are usually higher in calories and they're not absolutely required for survival. Since the Rapid Fat Loss program is about creating the highest possible calorie deficit, the majority of carbs (ie: starches) are out - however the trace amount of carbs in fibrous veggies is fine.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

How does the GI rating of foods coincide with the way a diabetic eats? IOW, do the GI values mean anything to a diabetic, or not?
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    How does the GI rating of foods coincide with the way a diabetic eats? IOW, do the GI values mean anything to a diabetic, or not?
    Diabetics pay more attention to total carbohydrate intake as that has a greater impact on blood glucose than the short term transient insulin responses to food intake. Diabetics won't produce the insulin in the first place, or their cells won't accept it if they do, which is why total overall carb intake takes precedence.

Originally Posted by mpipes View Post
    Starchy carbs are usually higher in calories and they're not absolutely required for survival. Since the Rapid Fat Loss program is about creating the highest possible calorie deficit, the majority of carbs (ie: starches) are out - however the trace amount of carbs in fibrous veggies is fine.
    Yea but shouldn't I be eating tasty stuff? I mean...I'm doing this for pleasure not to sacrifice stuffz

mikesplumbing is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikesplumbing is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikesplumbing is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikesplumbing is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikesplumbing is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikesplumbing is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikesplumbing is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikesplumbing is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikesplumbing is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikesplumbing is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikesplumbing is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm gonna be 38 in a couple weeks. I started my weight loss 17 days ago and I lost 12 pounds. Starting weight was 260.

All I did was read the forums here and determined that I need to work hard for results. First thing I did was eat very well and in small portions but eating every couple hours. I joined a gym about a week ago and started out with cardio and then doing the Starting Strength. I'm moving the weight up each session and it's going well. I don't count calories or anything like that but everything I eat has protein etc.

The best part is I feel like a 20 year old with the energy I have.

I read about this diet and I just couldn't see the point in it because muscle is a very important part of the total equation. I just read through the post here and decided to weigh myself for the first time just to see how I'm doing and it's working wonders for me. Based on what I read about Lyle McDonalds diet it does work but at what cost? The cost i'm talking about is gym time. With eating common sense nutrient dense food I'm able to work out with a ton of energy, a real surprise for me. The gym is the best part!

Just my 2 cents.....and what worked for me

Mike

Originally Posted by mikesplumbing View Post
    I'm gonna be 38 in a couple weeks. I started my weight loss 17 days ago and I lost 12 pounds. Starting weight was 260.

All I did was read the forums here and determined that I need to work hard for results. First thing I did was eat very well and in small portions but eating every couple hours. I joined a gym about a week ago and started out with cardio and then doing the Starting Strength. I'm moving the weight up each session and it's going well. I don't count calories or anything like that but everything I eat has protein etc.

The best part is I feel like a 20 year old with the energy I have.

I read about this diet and I just couldn't see the point in it because muscle is a very important part of the total equation. I just read through the post here and decided to weigh myself for the first time just to see how I'm doing and it's working wonders for me. Based on what I read about Lyle McDonalds diet it does work but at what cost? The cost i'm talking about is gym time. With eating common sense nutrient dense food I'm able to work out with a ton of energy, a real surprise for me. The gym is the best part!

Just my 2 cents.....and what worked for me

Mike
    Can you please clarify your information? It was very unclear, did you have results on a PSMF or some other form of dieting/training?

mikesplumbing is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikesplumbing is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikesplumbing is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikesplumbing is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikesplumbing is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikesplumbing is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikesplumbing is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikesplumbing is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikesplumbing is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikesplumbing is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikesplumbing is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm sorry, I don't know what PSMF is. My previous diet was really bad, Mountain Dew, home cooked meals with empty nutrition, and a lot of fast food.

I'm not on a diet now, I adopted a new lifestyle.

I eat:
    4-5 salads a day (Romain, spinach, sprouts, cheese, green peas, egg whites, and chicken on it)
    Oatmeal
    Tons of water
    Snacks of fruit and veggies
    Cottage cheese once in a while
    Tuna and Salmon when I feel like it
    No protein drinks but I think I might start
    1- Tbs. ground flax seed
    1-slice of whole grain bread from the health food store( Really gritty stuff) but tastes great

PS: My salads are very large and I split them up

Words do not describe the amount of energy I have. I can't remember ever feeling like this. All I want to do is exercise, I'm bouncing of the wall. This says a lot considering my previous lifestyle 17 days ago I walked around like a zombie and all I wanted to do was sleep.

I use to dread waking up....now I get up at 4:30 and hit the speed bag just to feel good for the day. I have no idea how many carbs and protein I'm eating but I'm getting stronger at every workout and loving it!!!!

I don't count because I don't want to count the rest of my life. My body just kind of tells me what to do, I can tell the difference in how I feel I guess.

Mike

I'm sorry, I don't know what PSMF is. My previous diet was really bad, Mountain Dew, home cooked meals with empty nutrition, and a lot of fast food.

I'm not on a diet now, I adopted a new lifestyle.

I eat:
    4-5 salads a day (Romain, spinach, sprouts, cheese, green peas, egg whites, and chicken on it)
    Oatmeal
    Tons of water
    Snacks of fruit and veggies
    Cottage cheese once in a while
    Tuna and Salmon when I feel like it
    No protein drinks but I think I might start
    1- Tbs. ground flax seed
    1-slice of whole grain bread from the health food store( Really gritty stuff) but tastes great

PS: My salads are very large and I split them up

Words do not describe the amount of energy I have. I can't remember ever feeling like this. All I want to do is exercise, I'm bouncing of the wall. This says a lot considering my previous lifestyle 17 days ago I walked around like a zombie and all I wanted to do was sleep.

I use to dread waking up....now I get up at 4:30 and hit the speed bag just to feel good for the day. I have no idea how many carbs and protein I'm eating but I'm getting stronger at every workout and loving it!!!!

I don't count because I don't want to count the rest of my life. My body just kind of tells me what to do, I can tell the difference in how I feel I guess.

Mike
    Do you look like a fitness model or body builder or even close to one? Most of us here don't really care to be average and that requires putting more effort in, since you haven't contributed to this thread I'm not sure why you're posting what works for you, what works for you won't exactly work for someone else.

Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000)
    The diet guidelines say that you are not to consume carbohydrates or fat besides trace amounts in protein dominant foods. A good example was to not go over 5g carbs or fat per meal excluding green fibrous vegetables and your fish oil supplement.
    March 2008: 407 lbs
    06/25/2011: 201.4lbs

Total Lost: 205.6

I'm replying because I did look into the Lyle Method and just offering what worked for me. I'm not a model and I wouldn't matter either way. Nutrition applies to everybody, and good nutrition works for everybody. If what I did doesn't work for you than don't do it.

What I am saying is I have a ton of energy and it appears like the Lyle method doesn't supply it.

Like I said, just offering my take....isn't that what a forum if for?

Mike

Swayah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs down

makes me laugh how noone can agree on anything on this site lool
    "I will do what you wont today, so I can do what you can't tomorrow"

I'm replying because I did look into the Lyle Method and just offering what worked for me. I'm not a model and I wouldn't matter either way. Nutrition applies to everybody, and good nutrition works for everybody. If what I did doesn't work for you than don't do it.

What I am saying is I have a ton of energy and it appears like the Lyle method doesn't supply it.

Mike
    Alright so all I have gotten from you is that because you have more mass and more intake than others you have a ton of energy which makes sense.

Originally Posted by Swayah View Post
    makes me laugh how noone can agree on anything on this site lool
    People should at least try to post partly in relation to the thread topic or discussion going on in the thread. At least SOMETHING relevant if you feel the need to join in.

bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000)

Mike
    Recognize that you're talking about a long term lifestyle change (congratulations, BTW), while this thread is about a crash diet that shouldn't be followed for more than 2 weeks (in most cases) and has very specific prescribed breaks. Lyle himself says that it would be best if people took a slower, more conservative approach to fat loss. However, he recognizes that most people want results now and has provided some guidelines that help people strip the fat at a quicker pace without harming themselves, assuming they commit and follow the program precisely.

Also note that your lifts going up doesn't necessarily mean you are gaining muscle mass.

Originally Posted by th3pwn3r View Post
    Yea but shouldn't I be eating tasty stuff? I mean...I'm doing this for pleasure not to sacrifice stuffz
    You get to eat every animal known to man, you need something more tasty than that??

Originally Posted by bfactor View Post
    Recognize that you're talking about a long term lifestyle change (congratulations, BTW), while this thread is about a crash diet that shouldn't be followed for more than 2 weeks (in most cases) and has very specific prescribed breaks. Lyle himself says that it would be best if people took a slower, more conservative approach to fat loss. However, he recognizes that most people want results now and has provided some guidelines that help people strip the fat at a quicker pace without harming themselves, assuming they commit and follow the program precisely.

Also note that your lifts going up doesn't necessarily mean you are gaining muscle mass.
    I agree, I have no way of knowing for sure what is happening to my muscles. I'm still learning and I don't know what foods give me the energy but I'm like the energizer bunny. I think the Lyle method is interesting and obviously works which is why I'm interested in this thread. As far as results NOW are concerned what is the average weight in lbs. people loose in 2 weeks using this method?

Mike

bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000)
    As much as 1/2 lb of fat per day, so 7 lbs fat + some substantial water weight. Lyle sells the book on his website and it has tons of excellent information in it, even if you don't ultimately attempt the crash diet.

Thank you!

Mike

Make peace, don't hate itsMoeyy's Avatar
    itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    bump.

srry for my post earlier on. was not educated :L