Battery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Battery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Battery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Battery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Battery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Battery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Battery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Battery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Battery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Battery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Battery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

2 days lifting per week?

Have any of you done a routine of lifting only two days a week? So lift tues/thursday and do cardio mon/wed/fri.

If so how were your results on this routine?

nems7 is not very helpful. (-500) nems7 is not very helpful. (-500) nems7 is not very helpful. (-500) nems7 is not very helpful. (-500) nems7 is not very helpful. (-500) nems7 is not very helpful. (-500) nems7 is not very helpful. (-500) nems7 is not very helpful. (-500) nems7 is not very helpful. (-500) nems7 is not very helpful. (-500) nems7 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Battery View Post
    Have any of you done a routine of lifting only two days a week? So lift tues/thursday and do cardio mon/wed/fri.

If so how were your results on this routine?
    too much cardio decreases amount of muscle gains. 2 days would work just fine for building body muscle, but you have to focus on compound movements to make your workouts effective, im not sure what your goal is,, but if its general fitness yes its good.

KyleSlim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KyleSlim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KyleSlim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KyleSlim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KyleSlim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KyleSlim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

That'll work. Give it a try and see how you like it.

Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you do something like 30 minutes of cardio on m/w/f and the weight training on tue/thu (which is a lot like cardio) then you should be just fine and avoid overtraining.

Were you planning on doing the same routine on both days, or a different routine on each day? If you are planning on doing the same routine twice a week, I might recommend Tuesday and Friday, giving 3-4 days rest between each workout.
    --- Nick ---

glwanabe is just really nice. (+1000) glwanabe is just really nice. (+1000) glwanabe is just really nice. (+1000) glwanabe is just really nice. (+1000) glwanabe is just really nice. (+1000) glwanabe is just really nice. (+1000) glwanabe is just really nice. (+1000) glwanabe is just really nice. (+1000) glwanabe is just really nice. (+1000) glwanabe is just really nice. (+1000) glwanabe is just really nice. (+1000)

1sknnyJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sknnyJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sknnyJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sknnyJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sknnyJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sknnyJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sknnyJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sknnyJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sknnyJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sknnyJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sknnyJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
    wow. thats a good article.
    -Commander of the Infidel Alliance.

They say the only way to kill a lion is a rear naked choke, me personally I would just kick it in the head.
    -Bas Rutten

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward
    Whoever can not take care of himself without that law is both

Battery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Battery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Battery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Battery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Battery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Battery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Battery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Battery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Battery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Battery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Battery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow that was a long article. I read a bunch and it is pretty much what i was planning on doing. I am actually going to go with an A/B/C/D routine. So for example

Week 1
    Tuesday - Rountine A
    Thursday - Routine B

Week 2 -
    Tuesday - Routine C
    Thursday - Routine D

Week 3
    Tuesday - Routine A
    Thursday - Routine B

etc etc.

The routines are based around the major lifts (squats, deadlifts, BP) and I won't be doing more than legs once a week. As for the 3 days of cardio, 2 (mon/fri) should be 3 mile runs or HIIT, and the third (wednesday will be hockey).

I am also aiming to take in 1 - 1.5 grams of protein per lb. What do you guys think? Sound good?

glwanabe is just really nice. (+1000) glwanabe is just really nice. (+1000) glwanabe is just really nice. (+1000) glwanabe is just really nice. (+1000) glwanabe is just really nice. (+1000) glwanabe is just really nice. (+1000) glwanabe is just really nice. (+1000) glwanabe is just really nice. (+1000) glwanabe is just really nice. (+1000) glwanabe is just really nice. (+1000) glwanabe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Spread your weight sessions further apart. Monday-Thursday would be better, or Tuesday-Friday. Cut at least one, or both of the runs out, you will be getting alot of cardio with the hockey.

So your saying only 1 day of cardio? Seems pretty low to me.

Do you use a 2 day lifting routine?

NaturalHIT is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaturalHIT is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaturalHIT is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaturalHIT is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaturalHIT is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaturalHIT is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaturalHIT is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaturalHIT is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaturalHIT is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaturalHIT is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaturalHIT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I lift 2 x a week.
    Here is my version. Several long posts also.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=119915771
    Just read my posts.

derrang3d is a name known to all. (+5000) derrang3d is a name known to all. (+5000) derrang3d is a name known to all. (+5000) derrang3d is a name known to all. (+5000) derrang3d is a name known to all. (+5000) derrang3d is a name known to all. (+5000) derrang3d is a name known to all. (+5000) derrang3d is a name known to all. (+5000) derrang3d is a name known to all. (+5000) derrang3d is a name known to all. (+5000) derrang3d is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I only read like ...60% of that but it was really good to that point.
    #Winning.

“No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
    -Socrates

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3 <----Click it.

anyone else have an opinion on the cardio? Is three days a week really to much when doing a 2 day lifting routine?

Originally Posted by Battery View Post
    anyone else have an opinion on the cardio? Is three days a week really to much when doing a 2 day lifting routine?

You can shop for the answer your looking for, and somebody will eventually tell you what you want to hear.

What you don't seem to understand is that you need downtime for your body to recover. If you put forth the proper intensity, these workouts will leave you gasping for breath.

Define whats more important to you, it's your workout. I gave you my opinion. Is the cardio more important, or is building muscle? If muscle is what you seek, then drop at least one of the runs.

Think about it, 2 workouts, hockey, and 2 runs. Thats 5 days of work. Will you have enough energy to keep going. Can you eat enough to meet your bodys demand for energy?

You are responsible for your own destiny, success or failure is yours to own.

You can shop for the answer your looking for, and somebody will eventually tell you what you want to hear.

What you don't seem to understand is that you need downtime for your body to recover. If you put forth the proper intensity, these workouts will leave you gasping for breath.

Define whats more important to you, it's your workout. I gave you my opinion. Is the cardio more important, or is building muscle? If muscle is what you seek, then drop at least one of the runs.

Think about it, 2 workouts, hockey, and 2 runs. Thats 5 days of work. Will you have enough energy to keep going. Can you eat enough to meet your bodys demand for energy?

You are responsible for your own destiny, success or failure is yours to own.
    Sorry I am not trying to throw out your advice I just like to get the input of more than one person when i am deciding on something. I have been running and lifting three days a week for a couple of weeks now and i haven't been exhausted so it seemed extreme to me to cut everything out. Then again I wasn't making huge gains (consistent but not huge) but i was also cutting so that is as expected. Now i am upping my food intake so hopefully the gains will start climbing.