Registered User SarcasticWalrus's Avatar
    SarcasticWalrus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how do you get enough calories when you're eating clean??

I've been eating as much as I possibly can. Brown rice, sandwiches, spinach, other fruits and vegetables, eggs, peanut butter, lean chicken whenever we get that in the cafeteria (rare), and no desert but some cheats like the occasional slice of pizza. My problem is that I get full so easily with all of this food and I'm an ectomorph as it is. Ever since I took out the unhealthy stuff from my diet I've lost weight and am back to where I started...I'm hoping I've packed on at least a BIT of muscle and just dropped bodyfat or something. My question is this: For an ectomorph, should one eat less cleanly to get more calories in the system, and also, what are some good clean food choices that would make it easier to meet and exceed maintenance?

marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SarcasticWalrus View Post
    I've been eating as much as I possibly can. Brown rice, sandwiches, spinach, other fruits and vegetables, eggs, peanut butter, lean chicken whenever we get that in the cafeteria (rare), and no desert but some cheats like the occasional slice of pizza. My problem is that I get full so easily with all of this food and I'm an ectomorph as it is. Ever since I took out the unhealthy stuff from my diet I've lost weight and am back to where I started...I'm hoping I've packed on at least a BIT of muscle and just dropped bodyfat or something. My question is this: For an ectomorph, should one eat less cleanly to get more calories in the system, and also, what are some good clean food choices that would make it easier to meet and exceed maintenance?
    Good choices would be peanut butter and all kind of nuts (not roasted or salted). These are high in calories and are healthy fats.

StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Almonds Almonds Almonds!! I would stick to healthy food for calories. Some people, myself included, notice than after they drop the junk that they are actually able to eat more calories while eating clean. It was a blessing for me to maintain at 200 calories higher than normal, but for you this may be a curse. Try adding little extras to your meals. Full fat dairy if you eat dairy, keep the skin on the chicken if you have room for more sat. fat in your diet. I know that goes against what people reccomend 90% of the time, but anything to get your calories in without resorting to poptarts!
    Success is believing in what you can do, and doing it better every time.

Live Fit and Get Fit!
    LiveFitwithStephanie.com

WNSO Pro Fitness Model ms_proteinshake's Avatar
    ms_proteinshake will become famous soon enough. (+50) ms_proteinshake will become famous soon enough. (+50) ms_proteinshake will become famous soon enough. (+50) ms_proteinshake will become famous soon enough. (+50) ms_proteinshake will become famous soon enough. (+50) ms_proteinshake will become famous soon enough. (+50) ms_proteinshake will become famous soon enough. (+50) ms_proteinshake will become famous soon enough. (+50) ms_proteinshake will become famous soon enough. (+50) ms_proteinshake will become famous soon enough. (+50) ms_proteinshake will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    More healthy fats---definitely....you could have a serving of fat with each meal. You could also get a protein shake that has a bit of carbs in it too.
    My Quick, Healthy & Fitness Friendly Recipes
    www.busybuthealthy.com
    ********.com/busybuthealthy

onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Almonds, chicken breast, protein shake with carbs, avocado on rice cakes!! The hardest part is eating when not hungry, but you just get into a routine...
    I make protein muffins too with oats/cottage cheese/egg whites/vanilla essence, they keep me going on busy days and give me great clean macros!

Originally Posted by ms_proteinshake View Post
    More healthy fats---definitely....you could have a serving of fat with each meal. You could also get a protein shake that has a bit of carbs in it too.
    Donna
    "be true to yourself and your goals, set them at a level you can reach"

kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    wow- I have a problem not going OVER my cals! I love clean food! but definatly get some more healthy fats in there! Also, check out quinoa~it super clean and calorie dense! perfect if you are lacking. You're lucky- I love PB but I tend to OD on it sometimes.... you can cuz ur fats are low anyway! Enjoy extra for all us gals who can't