hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Question Best Way to Shred Fat Off Legs/Butt?

I know cardio is good for burning fat, but I was wondering if doing full body cardio 2 times a day for an hour each 5/6 days a week would be over training? These cardio dvd's have total body strength training mixed in. My problem area is the legs/butt and this is is really my only problem area(s). Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks!

Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by hugs View Post
    I know cardio is good for burning fat, but I was wondering if doing full body cardio 2 times a day for an hour each 5/6 days a week would be over training? These cardio dvd's have total body strength training mixed in. My problem area is the legs/butt and this is is really my only problem area(s). Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks!
    I think that's a bit too much cardio. I'm sure everyone else will agree with me also when I say that what you eat is an extremely important factor in burning fat as well as weight training. Also, there is no such thing as spot reduction...you have to lose fat from all over, you can't just pick one particular spot. You should read the stickies, they provide lots of helpful basic information.

hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've read the stickies but I can't find one that talks about full body workouts. They all seem to be into splitting up workouts by body parts which are focused for use at the gym with heavy equipment. I don't want information on that. If someone can direct me to a sticky that talks about a routine I can do at home without a gym (I have free weights and a pull up bar and a lot of DVDs) than that would help.

Also, I did not mention my diet because this is a "Training" forum. But for anyone who wants to know, my diet is clean and I found plenty of information on that.

ironmaidn4life is just really nice. (+1000) ironmaidn4life is just really nice. (+1000) ironmaidn4life is just really nice. (+1000) ironmaidn4life is just really nice. (+1000) ironmaidn4life is just really nice. (+1000) ironmaidn4life is just really nice. (+1000) ironmaidn4life is just really nice. (+1000) ironmaidn4life is just really nice. (+1000) ironmaidn4life is just really nice. (+1000) ironmaidn4life is just really nice. (+1000) ironmaidn4life is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi Hugs! Great question and Jeanin N is 100% right there is no such thing as spot reduction. You said you have weights at home, why not try some of the exercises below. Weight training really is the key to blasting body fat. Lean muscle mass is more metabolically active and burns calories at a faster rate, even when you are at rest. You can do all the cardio you want and i do suggest you keep up what you are doing, but if your goal is to make your butt legs look awesome than try some of the below at home.
    1. Walking Lunges (hold dumbell in each hand and walk 10 steps up and 10 steps back)
    2. Step Up Lunges (hold dumbell in each hand and lunge leg up on chair, repeat each leg)
    3. Squats (hold dumbell in each hand) squat down

Thank You!!!

cat_inthe_black has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This may be the training section, but a diet is part of training. One thing that might help a poochy stomach: get plenty of fiber in your diet. It's easy to get a pear shape when you're not regular because it's not digesting properly. Getting too much sodium in your system can also contribute.

If you're asked for help and someone requests more information, even if it seems irrelevent, you'll get the best answers by providing that information. I might also add that everyone has a different opinion on what "eating clean" is, and there's always a possibility of dieting based on misconceptions.

For exercising at home, cardio videos are great for fat-burning, and once in a while the ones that add strength training are good... but for the most part, I've found that separating the two works best. If you do strength training first, it allows you to better work the muscles because it's where your focus is. You also have all the energy in the world to put into lifting those weights and still have lots left over for cardio. It doesn't work as nicely the other way around. At Barnes and Noble or Borders, there are books you can buy that have countless forms of exercising each muscle group with freeweights. There are probably numorous articles on BB.com too.

Weight-training like that might seem like a lot, but it isn't. The best way to burn fat is to build muscle. You won't get big, I promise
    I'm not crazy...! but the voices in my head are a little looney.

pitmommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pitmommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pitmommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pitmommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pitmommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pitmommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pitmommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pitmommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pitmommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pitmommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pitmommy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by hugs View Post

Thanks!
    Squats and lunges are the best way to get shape to your legs and butt. Diet is the only way to see the shape.

Women tend to hold dairy , soda , beer and wine in their rear and legs, so if your overindulging here cut these to a min.

Registered User carolinacrackah's Avatar
    carolinacrackah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carolinacrackah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carolinacrackah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carolinacrackah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carolinacrackah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carolinacrackah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Building a bit of muscle in those areas will help to give a little shape to the areas even if there is fat overlaying the muscle. However diet and cardio to minimize your bodys fat stores will help bring out more detail. I dont believe one can actually reduce bodyfat in one particular area....your body pretty much grabs energy from all of your fat cells pretty equally even though you may have accumulated more fat mass in certain areas.
    Dont know if i said anything that hasnt been said already.
    If I wasnt me I'd give myself nitemares!

Fitness Factory IFBB Pro Beefcake Girl's Avatar
    Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Body fat is largely shed by dieting. Eating clean and staying hydrated is the best way to drop fat. As everyone said, weight training is super important to shape and build what is underneath the fat...and it also boosts metabolism. And cardio training burns extra calories but really, the most noticable changes come from eating well.
    2007 NPC Figure Class C National Champion
    IFBB PRO
    Optimum Nutrition Athlete
    VSX Team Trainer (Victoria's Secret Fitness)
    Fitness Factory Personal Trainer

"If it were easy, everyone would do it."

TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by carolinacrackah View Post
    Building a bit of muscle in those areas will help to give a little shape to the areas even if there is fat overlaying the muscle. However diet and cardio to minimize your bodys fat stores will help bring out more detail. I dont believe one can actually reduce bodyfat in one particular area....your body pretty much grabs energy from all of your fat cells pretty equally even though you may have accumulated more fat mass in certain areas.
    Dont know if i said anything that hasnt been said already.
    what is the meaning behind ur name?