wannabetiny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question pls. help - wanna lose 30 lbs. fast!!!

Hey yall. I am a newbie to this site and forum but I need some direction. Okay my background is this... before 2 children I weighed 90 lbs. and dropping - supplements were diet fuel and creatine. I danced 4-5 hours 4 days a week, weight trained an hour 2 days a week and used aerobic exercise as cardio. My diet was awlful however - I was both bulemic and anorexic. I would go days with out eatting using only a tsp. of peanut butter and grapefruit juice to fill me up; several days later I would binge still hardly on nothing but would feel ill and would vomit. I almost caused myself to go into cardiac arrest. I miscarried a child based on my malnutrition and now I am married with 2 beautiful daughters. I cannot allow myself to get back to where I was... I want to lose weight healthy and as a good role model for my daughters. I am now 125 lbs. and I feel horrible about myself where I am at. I am considering going on the special k diet and purchasing hoodithin for a diet supplement and maybe a creatine serum to boost muscle mass. My problem is this. I work full time 8-6, when I get home i have to do homework, baths, supper, getting things ready for the next day. Working out or doing cardio - where and when in my day can I? I am at a loss as to how to lose this weight. My goal is to lose 25-30 lbs. If you have suggestions pls. send them my way. Thanks!

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    How tall are you? Unless you are 4" 10, dropping to under 100lbs is extremely unrealistic. Look at the lifestyle you had to maintain to keep that low body weight before!

And the special K diet is hardly a healthy diet. You can take all the creatine in the world but you aren't going to boost muscle mass when you're living on special K.

You sound like you are still very much eating disordered. Have you been in therapy with a psychologist or psychiatrist to work on your recovery?
    September 2006 - 9km Sydney Harbour Bridge Run - 45:25
    August 2007 - 14km City to Surf - 77:00
    September 2007 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - Withdrawn due to stress fractures :(
    September 2008 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - 1:59.22
    May 2009 - Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon - 1:53:22

emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Did you ever see a therapist? If you want to be a role model for your children, that is most important.

danamomof3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink

I have to agree with the ladies here. You do not sound like you are in a healthy frame of mind to me. First step is get into some therapy to love yourself for being a wonderful mom, hard working woman. Those kids are the most important thing ever (I have 3), and once you see that you being HEALTHY is what is best for them to see, then, everything else will fall into place.

Now, after all of that being said. I keep pushing a book called The Eat Clean Diet by Tosca Reno. It is NOT a diet, but a healthy way to eat/live. This will be hard for you, but you must eat 5 small meals a day if you want to lose any weight and get healthy. The meals must have healthy carbs, lean proteins and good fats. This book outlines what these things are.

Get yourself healthy mentally, and the physical part will come.

Good Luck to you.

ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    losing 25-30lbs is NOT healthy at all. The only diet you should be going on is one with a good amount of calories and one made up of plenty of protein, enough fats and complex carbs, and it shouldn't be a diet it should be a lifestyle change. IMO your eating is still VERY disordered and you could benefit from counselling. No-one on this site is going to give you advice on how to lose 25-30lbs.
    "Success comes before work...only in the dictionary"

http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=936089

http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=937460&highlight=ozigal

MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I still can't believe people will come to this site and expect a bunch of body building women to approve a crash diet of eating fluff and pills while doing no exercise to drop 30lb as fast as you possibly can.

I agree with the other (smart, fit, lean, healthy) women here who have said you need to address some of your psychological issues before you start attacking your body.
    There is no such thing as good or bad, only thinking makes it so

Your outlook on life is a direct reflection of how much you like yourself

The biggest burden is a great potential

jsfitnesssolutionsllc.com nacersusaf's Avatar
    nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by wannabetiny View Post
    Okay my background is this... before 2 children I weighed 90 lbs... I cannot allow myself to get back to where I was...
    Originally Posted by wannabetiny View Post
    I am now 125 lbs. and I feel horrible about myself where I am at... My goal is to lose 25-30 lbs.
    Hmm, you were 90 pounds and don't want to do that again... yet you are now 125 pounds and want to lose 25-30 pounds?

Wouldn't that bring you to 95 or 100 pounds?

You seem confused my dear...
    Owner, JS Fitness Solutions
    www.jsfitnesssolutionsllc.com

Magnum Nutraceuticals Athlete
    hardmagnum.com

ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by nacersusaf View Post
    Hmm, you were 90 pounds and don't want to do that again... yet you are now 125 pounds and want to lose 25-30 pounds?

Wouldn't that bring you to 95 or 100 pounds?

You seem confused my dear...
    i didn't even pick up on that inconsistency!! Good work
    "Success comes before work...only in the dictionary"

http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=936089

http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=937460&highlight=ozigal