hensley258 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hensley258 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hensley258 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hensley258 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How do I even do this?

Upon reviewing the forum here I see that to gain muscle and burn fat one must be part mathamatician.

I don't understand how people do this. I read things such as, calculate body mass index plus the factor of this, minus the caloric factor of this and the exact caloric mass burned.

I'm dizzy with it. It appears to be so complex that a degree in advanced biochemistry and mathimatics would be a requirement.

How does one even go about figureing all this out and then constantly modifing the calculations depending on slightly changing food intake and training factors?

I train hard and eat clean and want to go to the next level with my training, but if I must first get a 4 year degree then It takes all the fun out of bodybuilding.

coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by hensley258 View Post
    Upon reviewing the forum here I see that to gain muscle and burn fat one must be part mathamatician.

I don't understand how people do this. I read things such as, calculate body mass index plus the factor of this, minus the caloric factor of this and the exact caloric mass burned.

I'm dizzy with it. It appears to be so complex that a degree in advanced biochemistry and mathimatics would be a requirement.

How does one even go about figureing all this out and then constantly modifing the calculations depending on slightly changing food intake and training factors?

I train hard and eat clean and want to go to the next level with my training, but if I must first get a 4 year degree then It takes all the fun out of bodybuilding.
    Most of it is very basic mathematics. In fact i've never seen it get more complicated than adding , subtracting, multiplying, and occasionally even *gasp* deviding.

If this was hard how would meatheads GFH ? Gotta keep the math simple for the GFH! guys to do what they do

hensley258 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hensley258 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hensley258 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hensley258 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by coals View Post
    Most of it is very basic mathematics. In fact i've never seen it get more complicated than adding , subtracting, multiplying, and occasionally even *gasp* deviding.

If this was hard how would meatheads GFH ? Gotta keep the math simple for the GFH! guys to do what they do
    The hardest part for me is figuring out how many calories I burn in a day. This number varies depending on many factors. In fact, I honestly don't see how it is possible for anyone to really know just how many calories they burn in a day because there is no real measuring tool by which to do such a thing.

Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The hardest part for me is figuring out how many calories I burn in a day. This number varies depending on many factors. In fact, I honestly don't see how it is possible for anyone to really know just how many calories they burn in a day because there is no real measuring tool by which to do such a thing.
    easy solution..... eat 2400 cals a day for 3 weeks... i mean that exact amount give or take a few cals.. and see if you have lost or gained weight... if you gain weight.. then your eating too much and your maintenance is lower ... if you stay the same weight then your eating at your maintenance.. once you figure that out you will be set
    The names leanord washington.... where im from ? none of your gawd dam* business...

"You have to do what others won't to achieve what others don't."

BTK! " Bleed Time Krew "

Originally Posted by Sabouneh View Post
    easy solution..... eat 2400 cals a day for 3 weeks... i mean that exact amount give or take a few cals.. and see if you have lost or gained weight... if you gain weight.. then your eating too much and your maintenance is lower ... if you stay the same weight then your eating at your maintenance.. once you figure that out you will be set
    Wow! That's a lot of calories. I estimate that I eat around 1200 calories a day. (This is while training hard 5 days a week)

The fat loss is slow even at this cal intake. If I went to 2400 then I would turn into a blubbering mass of fat and my gut would hang over my belt.

I find it hard to even eat 1200 clean calories a day. To get in 2400 I would have to start hitting the Burger King drive thru and Baskin Robbins twice a day.

2400 of good complex carbs and lean meat? That would be a huge challenge. I don't even get that hungry because my diet is very blan which makes downing clean food even harder.

I just ordered the Ultimate diet 2.0 by Lyle McDonald. I have to find some way to get to the 7 or 8% body fat ratio that I desire because my current diet hit a wall long ago.

This pisses me off because my weight training feels so strong in the gym, but this thin layered fat jacket just won't shed off me. Hope I don't loose too much muscle mass although I do have a little to spare given I am 5' 8" and 180 Lbs.

To the best I can figure (what training partners in the Gum have told me) is that I am around 16% body fat. I hate it and have been fighting it to damn near starvation.

There's a young guy in my Gym that is about my size and the dude doesn't even diet. He simply eats whatever he wants, even candy! This guy is like 6% body fat. Makes me sick.
    Must be nice to have genetics like that.

KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I estimate that I eat around 1200 calories a day. (This is while training hard 5 days a week)

[...]

I am 5' 8" and 180 Lbs.

[...]

I am around 16% body fat.
    You do not eat 1200 calories a day. Track them more closely. Unless you are writing down everything you eat, it is very, very easy to think you're eating less than you are.

Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yea im sure your eating more than 1200 or else you would be lean... eating 1200 cals is soo easy.. i could do it in one meal.. hell an 8 ounce steak is like 500-600.. this is a ribeye .. good buy on the lyle mcdonald book... he knows his stuff and isnt a bro... everyone should read his articles on his site.
    The names leanord washington.... where im from ? none of your gawd dam* business...

"You have to do what others won't to achieve what others don't."

BTK! " Bleed Time Krew "

ChrisWorrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisWorrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisWorrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisWorrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisWorrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisWorrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisWorrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisWorrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisWorrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisWorrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisWorrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am 5'9" 180lbs around 17% bf. My bmr is around 2600 calories, i would assume yours is somewhat close to mine, i would say probably 2500.

Originally Posted by KublaiKhan View Post
    You do not eat 1200 calories a day. Track them more closely. Unless you are writing down everything you eat, it is very, very easy to think you're eating less than you are.
    Maybe I am eating more than I think. I suppose I did not take into account my Protean powder and pre workout Complex carb powder.

I need to find a caloric chart of some sort that tells for example how many calories chicken brest, and other meats have in them per ounce. Then I guess I will have to get a food scale also.

Damn, I didn't want to have to get so precise with my food, but I guess that's the only way. That kind of **** takes time and I am already so busy with work, training and a family.

I hate to imagine the hell Pro body builders must go thru having to do this kind of thing every day. I have no ideas of thinking I could be a pro, but I would like to look just a little bit like one.

phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Honestly, all I've done to get where I am now was use http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm as a rough guideline, 1g protein per lb lean mass, eat my veggies and EFA's and lift hard. Just takes time and trial/error - Oh, and be consistent
    Sheiko? My journey to 1,500+ @ 165

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167881761

Keep On Getting Strong

Best Gym Lifts

475/315/610 @ 165

KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Maybe I am eating more than I think. I suppose I did not take into account my Protean powder and pre workout Complex carb powder.
    Why would you not be counting those to begin with? I know that my protein, for example, has 110 calories per scoop...that's not a huge amount, but it's definitely enough to account for.

I need to find a caloric chart of some sort that tells for example how many calories chicken brest, and other meats have in them per ounce. Then I guess I will have to get a food scale also.
    There are websites that will make your life a lot easier. Try fitday.com or dailyburn.com - I've used both, and both are convenient and helpful.

A food scale is a good investment, if not strictly necessary. It's really not as much as a hassle as you'd think - just weigh something before you eat it, or before you pack it for lunch, or whenever, then jot down the weight so you can record it better later.

Damn, I didn't want to have to get so precise with my food, but I guess that's the only way. That kind of **** takes time and I am already so busy with work, training and a family.
    It sucks that the common conception is that lifting weights will make you ripped, when the truth is that the truly ideal body is three parts diet and only one part exercise. If you want results bad enough, your diet really needs to be under control - this will do more for you than going to the gym ever could. (Not that you should stop going to the gym.)

It is an extra hassle to think about on a daily basis, yes, but it becomes part of your routine and is less intrusive than it seems at first.