Thread: keto diet?

kbroadwater78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

keto diet?

i have read a lt on the guys pages about keto. i have not noticed any females talking about it. what are your feelings or experience with keto? did you carb up on the weekend? didi the weight stay off? how long did you keto? etc... would if work diff for women?

daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kbroadwater78 View Post
    i have read a lt on the guys pages about keto. i have not noticed any females talking about it. what are your feelings or experience with keto? did you carb up on the weekend? didi the weight stay off? how long did you keto? etc... would if work diff for women?
    i did a keto type diet got my contest prep. but it was more organized and basic and the carb up was not a free for all at all. low fat and high carb only. (dave palumbos plan)

keto is the best way to lose fat fast, but u have to be careful coming off once u are done losing. need to transition slowly while your body gets used to carbs again or u will gain back easy
    Last edited by daviess; 10-25-2009 at 03:14 AM.
    On the path to get my Pre-pregnancy body back :)

https://shannondavies.myvi.net/loseweight

gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm about to go into my third week on a keto diet and so far I've lost 4lbs. I like the keto diet because I don't feel hungry the way I used to when eating carbs, so it makes it easier to stay in a calorie deficit. You should check out some of the keto logs in Nutrition.
    "You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be"

"The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Charlie Brown THANKSGIVING Shred-A-Thon 2009! - goal weight 130lb
    Nov 1st - 136lb
    Nov 8th - 134lb
    Nov 15th - 133lb
    Nov 22nd -
    Nov 29th -

Will WorkOUT for food... littlelifter3's Avatar
    littlelifter3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlelifter3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlelifter3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlelifter3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlelifter3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlelifter3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlelifter3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlelifter3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlelifter3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlelifter3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlelifter3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am currently on the keto diet...been doing it for about 2 months. Prior to keto, I had a brilliant idea to bulk, and had gained some weight (muscle and fat!). I decided to give keto a shot and it has really helped in leaning me out while maintaining my muscle mass. I have found that I have more energy without carbs (after getting over that initial dreaded week) and I feel more saitiated while on the diet.
    I have a carb-up every two weeks (today!!). Although, I am loving the diet, I will probably only stay on it another month or so.
    It might be beneficial to check the keto threads. That is where I lurk most of the time..there is a TON of info and LOTS of helpful people if you have questions!!
    ♥ I'm not the average girl from your video.. and I ain't built like a supermodel..
    But I learned to love myself unconditionally....Because I am a QUEEN ♥

NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hi hi!

I've been doing strict Keto for roughly 10 years now, and I don't do carb-ups. And yes, the weight stayed off because I have no intention of ever returning to my former eating habits (which were quite good actually, as I never ate crap).

I tried doing carb-us for a while, but these made me feel lousy, so I quit pretty early on. I train using weights (not girly, but as heavy as I can push this body), and also do some endurance training as well. My energy isn't impacted negatively in the least by my diet. To the contrary, I almost feel 'inhumanly' good, almost rewired. However (and this is a very strong however), it took my body about 3 years to acclimate fully to the keto plan, with plenty of good and bad days. Like many others will attest, I also experienced headaches, fatigue, brain fog, low endurance, moodiness, overall weirdness, etc. All the crap!

But I figured that since my body had been raised on burning carbs almost since birth, that it would take a considerable amount of time for my body to adjust to the new lifestyle, and to an alternate method of burning fuel. So no part of me believed that it would take 6 months, or even a year to make the transition. I was expecting it would take at least half the time that I was a carbohydrate eater (which in my case was somewhat considerable before switching to keto). It was difficult, and in many ways I felt kinship to alcoholics needing AA support meetings (only in this case Keto support), to help me through the transition away from 'carb fuel.'

People kept me going (Keto forums), and also the mirror. Flaky and vain (I know), but seeing results has a way of convincing even the most die-hard skeptic, or someone that begins romanticizing the comfort of a carb-rich meal. What I saw in the mirror was mood altering, and gave me a little lift when I had none.

I had some rough patches for sure--the most intense physical and psychological cravings (like a junkie), and I fell off the wagon more times that I'd care to remember. But I always got back on, and then started the process over and over again. Thankfully so, as I'm extremely pleased with the results. After a while, I had zero cravings (still don't). Cakes and cookies now only look like beautiful art to me, as my brain doesn't doesn't identify these things as possible food sources anymore.

The only downside is that my tastebuds seem to have pretty much flatlined completely, but for me this was more of a blessing as I despise being a slave to flavors. My mouth also begins to salivate whenever I see pigs, which is horrible because I think they're cute. Also, keto dieting is INCREDIBLY expensive!!! Good, quality proteins don't come cheap, nor do things like good nuts, cheeses and quality vegetables (and berries are not cheap either, probably the most expensive of all fresh fruits). Then there's the boredom and redundancy; but again for me isn't so bad since I despise cooking anyway. Just throw some nuts, cheese and leaves in my trap and I'm done.

But it's all good! I much prefer eating only to live, as opposed to living to eat--so food is definitely off my mind completely thanks to this program. I also feel constantly full, and literally have to remember to eat. Tells me my body is happy about something, and not wanting things it doesn't already have.

Good luck to you, and hit me up anytime you need some support from a female keto perspective. There's also the Keto forums here on BodySpace, which offer a wealth of information and support.
    “Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out.” Anton Chekhov

"10% of life, is what happens to you--90% is how you respond to it."

"I know that I know nothing"--Socrates

kbroadwater78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow! it sounds like you are very dedicated to your diet. thats great! i am learning eat to live myself. i will do more research and come to a conclusion. i will keep you in mind for questions. thanks for taking the time to help.

Originally Posted by DemetriaF View Post
    Hi hi!

I've been doing strict Keto for roughly 10 years now, and I don't do carb-ups. And yes, the weight stayed off because I have no intention of ever returning to my former eating habits (which were quite good actually, as I never ate crap).

I tried doing carb-us for a while, but these made me feel lousy, so I quit pretty early on. I train using weights (not girly, but as heavy as I can push this body), and also do some endurance training as well. My energy isn't impacted negatively in the least by my diet. To the contrary, I almost feel 'inhumanly' good, almost rewired. However (and this is a very strong however), it took my body about 3 years to acclimate fully to the keto plan, with plenty of good and bad days. Like many others will attest, I also experienced headaches, fatigue, brain fog, low endurance, moodiness, overall weirdness, etc. All the crap!

But I figured that since my body had been raised on burning carbs almost since birth, that it would take a considerable amount of time for my body to adjust to the new lifestyle, and to an alternate method of burning fuel. So no part of me believed that it would take 6 months, or even a year to make the transition. I was expecting it would take at least half the time that I was a carbohydrate eater (which in my case was somewhat considerable before switching to keto). It was difficult, and in many ways I felt kinship to alcoholics needing AA support meetings (only in this case Keto support), to help me through the transition away from 'carb fuel.'

People kept me going (Keto forums), and also the mirror. Flaky and vain (I know), but seeing results has a way of convincing even the most die-hard skeptic, or someone that begins romanticizing the comfort of a carb-rich meal. What I saw in the mirror was mood altering, and gave me a little lift when I had none.

I had some rough patches for sure--the most intense physical and psychological cravings (like a junkie), and I fell off the wagon more times that I'd care to remember. But I always got back on, and then started the process over and over again. Thankfully so, as I'm extremely pleased with the results. After a while, I had zero cravings (still don't). Cakes and cookies now only look like beautiful art to me, as my brain doesn't doesn't identify these things as possible food sources anymore.

The only downside is that my tastebuds seem to have pretty much flatlined completely, but for me this was more of a blessing as I despise being a slave to flavors. My mouth also begins to salivate whenever I see pigs, which is horrible because I think they're cute. Also, keto dieting is INCREDIBLY expensive!!! Good, quality proteins don't come cheap, nor do things like good nuts, cheeses and quality vegetables (and berries are not cheap either, probably the most expensive of all fresh fruits). Then there's the boredom and redundancy; but again for me isn't so bad since I despise cooking anyway. Just throw some nuts, cheese and leaves in my trap and I'm done.

But it's all good! I much prefer eating only to live, as opposed to living to eat--so food is definitely off my mind completely thanks to this program. I also feel constantly full, and literally have to remember to eat. Tells me my body is happy about something, and not wanting things it doesn't already have.

Good luck to you, and hit me up anytime you need some support from a female keto perspective. There's also the Keto forums here on BodySpace, which offer a wealth of information and support.

daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by littlelifter3 View Post
    I am currently on the keto diet...been doing it for about 2 months. Prior to keto, I had a brilliant idea to bulk, and had gained some weight (muscle and fat!). I decided to give keto a shot and it has really helped in leaning me out while maintaining my muscle mass. I have found that I have more energy without carbs (after getting over that initial dreaded week) and I feel more saitiated while on the diet.
    I have a carb-up every two weeks (today!!). Although, I am loving the diet, I will probably only stay on it another month or so.
    It might be beneficial to check the keto threads. That is where I lurk most of the time..there is a TON of info and LOTS of helpful people if you have questions!!
    you dont like doing carb ups every week?

Hi hi!

wow NEVER do carb ups?
    well i guess that could work depending on your goals,
    but if u dont refill your glycogen stores you wont maintain quality muscle.
    there is other ways to go about re-feed days, making them more organized and precise and cleaner. there is also a cpl supps you can take to help w you feeling lousy after (that is just a blood sugar issue)
    On the path to get my Pre-pregnancy body back :)

https://shannondavies.myvi.net/loseweight

NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i am learning eat to live myself.
    It's the best way to go!
    “Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out.” Anton Chekhov

Originally Posted by daviess View Post
    wow NEVER do carb ups?
    Not in the general sense. Some days I might go heavier on the veggies or berries, but never any of this incredible carb gorging on certain days. It just knocks me out, and takes too long to recover.

well i guess that could work depending on your goals, but if u dont refill your glycogen stores you wont maintain quality muscle.
    I'm doing pretty good thus far, touch wood.

there is other ways to go about re-feed days, making them more organized and precise and cleaner. there is also a cpl supps you can take to help w you feeling lousy after (that is just a blood sugar issue)
    Yeah, cleaner is definitely better. But hey, I'm curious about the supps!

littlelifter3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlelifter3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlelifter3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlelifter3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlelifter3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlelifter3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlelifter3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlelifter3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlelifter3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlelifter3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlelifter3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not in the general sense. Some days I might go heavier on the veggies or berries, but never any of this incredible carb gorging on certain days. It just knocks me out, and takes too long to recover.

I'm doing pretty good thus far, touch wood.

Yeah, cleaner is definitely better. But hey, I'm curious about the supps!
    I am curious about the supps as well..do tell!
    ♥ I'm not the average girl from your video.. and I ain't built like a supermodel..

KAYTEBUGG00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KAYTEBUGG00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KAYTEBUGG00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KAYTEBUGG00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KAYTEBUGG00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KAYTEBUGG00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KAYTEBUGG00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KAYTEBUGG00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KAYTEBUGG00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KAYTEBUGG00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KAYTEBUGG00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

DemetriaF

DemetriaF, could you post a day on your diet? I have similar questions as to a keto diet and super curious. Thanks!
    Time to get serious...transformation in progress

MARRIED :)

Originally Posted by KAYTEBUGG00 View Post
    DemetriaF, could you post a day on your diet? I have similar questions as to a keto diet and super curious. Thanks!
    Aloha!

I'm probably not the best person to ask, as I don't like much variety in my eating plan. But what I eat is listed here (although this varies a bit day to day)...http://blog.bodybuilding.com/Demetri...08/25/6101782/.

Yesterday...

Meal 1:

Coffee with heavy whipping cream
    about a cup of mac nuts

Meal 2:

Ahi with soy sauce

Meal 3:

turkey strips
    head of romaine lettuce (inner)
    dressing

Meal 4:

large bowl of broccoli florets
    drenched in shredded cheese

Meal 5:

strawberries
    homemade whipped cream
    sprinkled nuts on top

Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am kind of cautious about starting the keito because I have IBS syndrome, and drastic changes in my diet seems to agrivate it. Also would I have to take metamusil as a form of phsylium fibre, because of the lack of fibre from carbs? Also, I need lots of energy, because I have a very physical job and I have to walk about an hour a day because I dont have a car, plus I do maximum weights.

ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Aloha!

I'm probably not the best person to ask, as I don't like much variety in my eating plan. But what I eat is listed here (although this varies a bit day to day)...http://blog.bodybuilding.com/Demetri...08/25/6101782/.

Yesterday...

Meal 1:

Coffee with heavy whipping cream
    about a cup of mac nuts

Meal 2:

Ahi with soy sauce

Meal 3:

turkey strips
    head of romaine lettuce (inner)
    dressing

Meal 4:

large bowl of broccoli florets
    drenched in shredded cheese

Meal 5:

strawberries
    homemade whipped cream
    sprinkled nuts on top
    not trying to offend anyone or anything, but its kinda easier to stay on keto while living in hawaii! lol
    i stayed there for a month this summer, like i do every year, and was in keto basically the whole time without even trying! i enjoyed it too! it wasnt like a diet to me, but then i got back to the mainland, and it just seemed a lot harder to maintain.

tuffnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have done keto. for me i found it too restrcting and i didn't feel healthy.
    I know a lot of people have had excellent results on it, but for me personally I prefer eating a wide variety of foods including fruits and oats!! I am a comfort eater and anyone who struggles with emotional eating or binge eating disorder will find keto way to restrictive. Just my opinion

gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Holly2710 View Post
    I am kind of cautious about starting the keito because I have IBS syndrome, and drastic changes in my diet seems to agrivate it. Also would I have to take metamusil as a form of phsylium fibre, because of the lack of fibre from carbs? Also, I need lots of energy, because I have a very physical job and I have to walk about an hour a day because I dont have a car, plus I do maximum weights.
    I have IBS as well. I use pysllium husks to up the fibre, and apart from the first couple of days after I changed to keto, I haven't had any problems.

Energy levels do drop for a few days maybe even a week, but they come back again. You might want to look at CKD or TKD if you can't afford to lose any energy. I'll be doing a TKD from tomorrow to help fuel my workouts.
    "You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be"

"The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Charlie Brown THANKSGIVING Shred-A-Thon 2009! - goal weight 130lb
    Nov 1st - 136lb
    Nov 8th - 134lb
    Nov 15th - 133lb
    Nov 22nd -
    Nov 29th -

I had problems at first in regards to the lack of fiber from carbs, however, over the last few weeks found a few things that have reallllly helped. I now chew on some sugar free fiber tablets daily and have also added flax meal to my diet. Both have kept things moving!

Like another poster said, my energy levels were pretty low during the first week, however, once I got over that, I was good to go. My workouts have not suffered at all in the gym. Usually whenever I start to feel sluggish, I know its time for a carbup.

Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have a question, is there different types of keitosis. Because I looked up the clinical keitosis diet and it included a lot of fats and even some cheese. This one that my trainer gave me seems a little different

***EATING EXTRA FOOD (extra protein or too many nuts or too much peanutbutter) = CHEATING!

***NO CHEATING ON THE DIET!

Follow DIET #2 for 3 day?then follow DIET #1 for 2 day??.then REPEAT

DIET #1

MEAL #1
    12 egg whites

MEAL #2
    35g ( 1 scoop)protein powder (must be less than 2 grams carbs per scoop)

MEAL #3
    6oz chicken turkey or tuna) or 10.5 oz shrimp with 1-cup asparagus or green beans and salad if wanted

MEAL #4
    8oz white fish (fluke, flounder, sole, cod, ect.) or 10.5 oz shrimp or 6 oz chicken with a green salad with vinegar & mustard (no olive or macadamia nut oil)

MEAL #5
    35g(1 scoop) Whey protein Isolate or 12 egg whites

DIET #2

MEAL #1
    1 whole (OMEGA-3) Eggs with 6 egg whites

MEAL #2
    35g (1 scoop)Whey protein powder with 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter

MEAL #3
    6oz chicken or turkey or 5 oz extra lean buffalo hamburger or 10.5 oz shrimp with 1/4-cup (1oz) cashew nuts, or almonds, or walnuts (vary it)

MEAL #4
    6oz salmon, swordfish, or RED MEAT with a green salad (no tomatoes, red peppers, or carrots) with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Mac Nut Oil and vinegar

MEAL #5
    35g (1 scoop)Whey Protein Isolate with 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter or 1 whole (OMEGA-3) EGGS with 6 whites

**** You MUST have a cheat meal once per week (in place of meal #5). Sugar and carbs??.enjoy!

*** You can use sugar-free soy sauce (use as much salt as you want), Sea Salt, mustard, and vinegar for condiments.
    *** You can drink water, sugar-free drinks (diet soda), coffee, or tea with SUGAR SUBSTITUTE
    ***** Eat as much salad (greens only as u want) no colored veggies!!!!!!.
    *** 1 Cup jello (with aspartame) a day if craving sweets
    *** unlimited homemade popsicles

SUPPLEMENTS: (take with meals)

(2) Multi-vitamin with Iron (1 pill 2x per day)
    (3) Coral Calcium 1500mg per day (excellent calcium supplement; plus awesome alkalinizing agent?neutralizes poisonous acid wastes)
    (4) Evening Primrose Oil (1300mg 2x per day)?essential GOOD OMEGA-6 fats
    (5) Omega-3 Fish oil pills (Omega 3 fatty acids) 1000mg 3x per day

(6) JOINT STRENGTH and REPAIR:
    1. Glucosamine Sulfate 2000mg 2x per day (joints)
    2. MSM 2000mg 2x per day (joints and tissue regeneration)

Does that sound different? It almost sounds like a starvation diet?

tuffnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a question, is there different types of keitosis. Because I looked up the clinical keitosis diet and it included a lot of fats and even some cheese. This one that my trainer gave me seems a little different

***EATING EXTRA FOOD (extra protein or too many nuts or too much peanutbutter) = CHEATING!

***NO CHEATING ON THE DIET!

Follow DIET #2 for 3 day?then follow DIET #1 for 2 day??.then REPEAT

DIET #1

MEAL #1
    12 egg whites

MEAL #2
    35g ( 1 scoop)protein powder (must be less than 2 grams carbs per scoop)

MEAL #3
    6oz chicken turkey or tuna) or 10.5 oz shrimp with 1-cup asparagus or green beans and salad if wanted

MEAL #4
    8oz white fish (fluke, flounder, sole, cod, ect.) or 10.5 oz shrimp or 6 oz chicken with a green salad with vinegar & mustard (no olive or macadamia nut oil)

MEAL #5
    35g(1 scoop) Whey protein Isolate or 12 egg whites

DIET #2

MEAL #1
    1 whole (OMEGA-3) Eggs with 6 egg whites

MEAL #2
    35g (1 scoop)Whey protein powder with 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter

MEAL #3
    6oz chicken or turkey or 5 oz extra lean buffalo hamburger or 10.5 oz shrimp with 1/4-cup (1oz) cashew nuts, or almonds, or walnuts (vary it)

MEAL #4
    6oz salmon, swordfish, or RED MEAT with a green salad (no tomatoes, red peppers, or carrots) with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Mac Nut Oil and vinegar

MEAL #5
    35g (1 scoop)Whey Protein Isolate with 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter or 1 whole (OMEGA-3) EGGS with 6 whites

**** You MUST have a cheat meal once per week (in place of meal #5). Sugar and carbs??.enjoy!

*** You can use sugar-free soy sauce (use as much salt as you want), Sea Salt, mustard, and vinegar for condiments.
    *** You can drink water, sugar-free drinks (diet soda), coffee, or tea with SUGAR SUBSTITUTE
    ***** Eat as much salad (greens only as u want) no colored veggies!!!!!!.
    *** 1 Cup jello (with aspartame) a day if craving sweets
    *** unlimited homemade popsicles

SUPPLEMENTS: (take with meals)

(2) Multi-vitamin with Iron (1 pill 2x per day)
    (3) Coral Calcium 1500mg per day (excellent calcium supplement; plus awesome alkalinizing agent?neutralizes poisonous acid wastes)
    (4) Evening Primrose Oil (1300mg 2x per day)?essential GOOD OMEGA-6 fats
    (5) Omega-3 Fish oil pills (Omega 3 fatty acids) 1000mg 3x per day

(6) JOINT STRENGTH and REPAIR:
    1. Glucosamine Sulfate 2000mg 2x per day (joints)
    2. MSM 2000mg 2x per day (joints and tissue regeneration)

the idea is you take out carbs, you need to replace them with something to get your calories in. So you replace them with fat.
    The first diet has almost no fat. Yes you need cheese. a lot of people on keto also have cream and use butter to cook with. No egg whites, you need to whole egg.
    If you can get your hands on a copy of Lyle McDonalds ketogenic diet book it shall explain and is a great refernce!

I didn't count up the macros, but they appear terribly 'off.' That is not a keto nutrition plan, but more the type I've seen used by fashion models.

I personally would not be able to survive on either meal plan posted. There is simply not enough fats to be converted into energy. IMO, this plan indeed come across like a starvation diet. One that would kick-start my cravings, and probably drive me to periodic gorging (even madness).

I didn't count up the macros, but they appear terribly 'off.' That is not a keto nutrition plan, but more the type I've seen used by fashion models.

I personally would not be able to survive on either meal plan posted. There is simply not enough fats to be converted into energy. IMO, this plan indeed come across like a starvation diet. One that would kick-start my cravings, and probably drive me to periodic gorging (even madness).
    I agree!!!

Thanks for letting me know. I was contemplating starting it and now I think I will just stick to the diet I am on. I will also look up the actual keitotic diet and see if that will work for me.
    You guys are a life saver!