firefighter900 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firefighter900 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firefighter900 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firefighter900 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firefighter900 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firefighter900 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firefighter900 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firefighter900 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firefighter900 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firefighter900 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firefighter900 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Take a pre-workout, or not?

Okay, So I was considering taking a pre-workout like superpump250 (things that are NO boosters).. However, that can be expensive, and does it actually have a direct effect on the gaining of mass? Or does an NO Booster pretty much just get the blood flowing, and keep you pumped and focused? Cuz if it's like I'm thinking then I don't really need energy I dont think, I just wann again more lean mass.

SO, Does a Pre-workout NO Booster have a direct effect on the gaining of muscle mass?

MARPOL will become famous soon enough. (+50) MARPOL will become famous soon enough. (+50) MARPOL will become famous soon enough. (+50) MARPOL will become famous soon enough. (+50) MARPOL will become famous soon enough. (+50) MARPOL will become famous soon enough. (+50) MARPOL will become famous soon enough. (+50) MARPOL will become famous soon enough. (+50) MARPOL will become famous soon enough. (+50) MARPOL will become famous soon enough. (+50) MARPOL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not really, it should give you Pumps, energy and mental focus in the gym.
    Cutting!

*Bodybuilder on a budget* carcaz13's Avatar
    carcaz13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carcaz13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carcaz13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carcaz13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carcaz13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carcaz13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carcaz13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carcaz13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carcaz13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carcaz13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carcaz13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by firefighter900 View Post
    Okay, So I was considering taking a pre-workout like superpump250 (things that are NO boosters).. However, that can be expensive, and does it actually have a direct effect on the gaining of mass? Or does an NO Booster pretty much just get the blood flowing, and keep you pumped and focused? Cuz if it's like I'm thinking then I don't really need energy I dont think, I just wann again more lean mass.

SO, Does a Pre-workout NO Booster have a direct effect on the gaining of muscle mass?
    They dont give you size, but do just as you have listed. They provide pumps, increased intensity, and sharper focuse. IMO supplements don't give you mass unless its a weightgainer. Tweek your diet, if you want to add mass.
    5'11 *So Close*
    200+

shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

You're 17 so you prob shouldn't bother with one for that reason alone, you shouldn't need it.

Make sure to call them pre-workouts, not just NO Boosters. They are not the same thing in all cases. Pre's are energy products generally (though there are stim-free pre's) and NO's are pump products. These two categories overlap quiet often, but you are best off stating what effects you want and not trying to name the category as you'll get better feedback that way.

That said, there are a few methods pre's use to provide strength gains.

1. Increased energy which results in increased ability to push more weight which yields strength gains over time.

2. Creatine which yields strength gains over time (you could buy it in bulk on its own for a lot less money)

3. Beta-Alanine / Citrulline Malate which act similarly to creatine in that they build up in your body and provide longer term gains (you could buy them in bulk on their own for a lot less money)

4. Increased focus which results in less lag time between sets which would yield strength gains over time.

I personally need the energy boost sometimes, that's why I take a pre. If you don't need the energy boost then you are likely going to be better off just buying bulk creatine or beta alanine or cit mal (depending on your needs and what you are taking now). Those are the primary drivers of long term strength other than the energy/focus that pre's provide.

firefighter900 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firefighter900 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firefighter900 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firefighter900 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firefighter900 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firefighter900 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firefighter900 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firefighter900 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firefighter900 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firefighter900 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firefighter900 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the info guys. I don't think I will need a preworkout energy booster. So no NO Booster right? and as for beta alanine/ citrullin malate, I haven't heard much of this specific vitamins. I know that buyin bulk of them individually is cheaper, but what do those 2 products actually do. I am going to start creatine soon, was thinking of anabolic switch post workout. or possibly the stuff the bodybuilding online store has going for sale right now. like $20 for alot of creatine monohydrate.

Also if takin the monohydrate, what would you reccomend for insulin boosts to better absorb the creatine, I've heard alot of grape juice will do it?

aptfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aptfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aptfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aptfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aptfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aptfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aptfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aptfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aptfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Also if takin the monohydrate, what would you reccomend for insulin boosts to better absorb the creatine, I've heard alot of grape juice will do it?
    Sugars from grape juice are rated higher on the glycemic index than most other fruit juices however it would be worth your while to pick up some dextrose as it is the highest rated sugar on the glycemic index and very efficient to use post workout with your creatine.

Thanks, I assume dextrose is cheap too. So basicaly for my post workout I need mono Creatine, and Ddextrose. just mix them together and it should work great right?

Then what would you guys think about taking straight amino acids, and L-glutamine, glycine. and such. What other individual vitamins do you reccomend