DOOTDOOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DOOTDOOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DOOTDOOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DOOTDOOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DOOTDOOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DOOTDOOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DOOTDOOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DOOTDOOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DOOTDOOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DOOTDOOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

nitric oxide and sleeping pills?

Hi guys, I usually go to the gym pretty late at night because I have work and I just bought a tub of nitric oxide to try out. I've heard that this stuff will make me not be able to go to sleep so i was wondering if i can take sleeping pills after my workout?

mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DOOTDOOT View Post
    Hi guys, I usually go to the gym pretty late at night because I have work and I just bought a tub of nitric oxide to try out. I've heard that this stuff will make me not be able to go to sleep so i was wondering if i can take sleeping pills after my workout?
    why the NO, first off.

but let's look at this: you're into health and fitness and you're thinking about having to drug yourself to deal with the effects of a supplement?

you must think that the supplement's promise is worth that kind of cost to your rest and possible side effects of having to do doped sleep? I hope for that price it's making you coffee and doing the house work.

mc

DOOTDOOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DOOTDOOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DOOTDOOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DOOTDOOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DOOTDOOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DOOTDOOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DOOTDOOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DOOTDOOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DOOTDOOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DOOTDOOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    no i take the pills before i ordered NO2. the doctor recommended it for insomnia

EDIT: oh and can someone give me a simple answer? instead of a unhelpful smartass remark ? ^ mc
    Last edited by DOOTDOOT; 10-21-2009 at 10:23 PM.

anybody?

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    no i take the pills before i ordered NO2. the doctor recommended it for insomnia

EDIT: oh and can someone give me a simple answer? instead of a unhelpful smartass remark ? ^ mc
    Chill, dude.

Does your NO supp have caffeine in it? If so, you'd probably have some issues falling asleep. If not, I don't see why sleeping pills would hurt anything. I'm NOT a doctor, though....which is who you should ask, instead of people on a forum.

yeah mine does have a little caffeine in it. i was just wondering if it would be harmful to take sleeping pills after NO.

mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

i'm really sorry - it wasn't meant to be "smart ass" - i just tend to ask questions to get at logical conclusions - perhaps you're doing it cuz you need a vasodialator for some reason and sleeping pills - which you seem to ask about as something to stop the effects of the NO, not something you're already on, may not be a good idea.

And if you have insomnia - you may already know this - but of course diet and stress are huge factors. but perhaps you already have those totally under control and hence the pills.

I would be surprised if someone said trying to take sleeping pills while having taken on x amount of NO to keep your blood vessels dialated would be a great idea. effectively taking a sedative while using something that may lower your blood presure - that's genearlly a cocktail for extreme hypertension - but maybe that's what is giving you insomnia so could be great.

likewise though Benzodiazepines inhibits nitric oxide - which is something shown to be pretty catabolic. does your doctor know that you're trying to build muscle mass?

hope that helps,
    mc

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yeah mine does have a little caffeine in it. i was just wondering if it would be harmful to take sleeping pills after NO.
    An NO booster mainly functions to increase blood flow. Some supps throw in ingredients to increase alertness and stamina. I seriously doubt anything in an NO supp would react negatively with a sleep aid, but then again, I'm not sure. If you want to go off of my guess, that's your risk to take.

What NO supp did you use?

white flood

Originally Posted by mc- View Post

I would be surprised if someone said trying to take sleeping pills while having taken on x amount of NO to keep your blood vessels dialated would be a great idea. effectively taking a sedative while using something that may lower your blood presure - that's genearlly a cocktail for extreme hypertension - but maybe that's what is giving you insomnia so could be great.

likewise though Benzodiazepines inhibits nitric oxide - which is something shown to be pretty catabolic. does your doctor know that you're trying to build muscle mass?
    Sounds like the sleeping pills would essentially counteract the effects of the NO booster. Am I correct in saying that? Also I was under the impression that NO supps opened your blood vessels up as opposed to constricting them.

sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    im no doctor but in my medical opinion that is legally retarded.

Originally Posted by red_cat View Post
    Sounds like the sleeping pills would essentially counteract the effects of the NO booster. Am I correct in saying that? Also I was under the impression that NO supps opened your blood vessels up as opposed to constricting them.

Hi, yes NO is a dialator - i don't think i said that anything constricted anything??? ah you mean from teh lower blood presure - let me just say in a case where vasodilation is acute the body induces a face plant to get you level again and help deal with the pressure shift.

and yes something that inhibits NO is catabolic - but it wouln't just negate teh effects of the NO sup - depending on the dose and i haven't checked this in the pharmacology, it may actually just be sub-optimal practice for anyone doing mass building. so especially at night when most muscle building takes place, to have something in the system that would potentially inhibit or reduce that seems problematic.

hence i'd be inclined to look for other ways to deal with sleeplessness
    - stress being one
    - lack of zinc and or magnesium being another (get it from food rather than sups)
    zinc/mag are also good for keeping t levels up.

so less drug based ways will have other benefits for mass work, too. mind you, i'd be inclined not to do the NO either as there's nothing to show, to the best of my knowledge, that excess NO beyond what the body produces under load, increases hypertrophy.

nice chatting with you
    best
    mc

Originally Posted by mc- View Post
    Hi, yes NO is a dialator - i don't think .............
    I'm an idiot and misread things sometimes....and it was late. For some ungodly reason I was thinking dilated = constricted, even though that's the exact opposite of what it means. lol

Glad I posted that, though, because your reply had some great info! Repped fo sho!

I'm an idiot and misread things sometimes....and it was late. For some ungodly reason I was thinking dilated = constricted, even though that's the exact opposite of what it means. lol

Glad I posted that, though, because your reply had some great info! Repped fo sho!
    thank you
    it's an interesting thing, isn't it?

mc

dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=119840251

So are you a dick to anyone who posts in your threads?
    "Blood, Sweat, and Tears doesn't mean crying while you struggle to put your tampon in." ~dsade

ThermoGum...Just Chew It!

---ACCELERATED gains * increased MASS = unstoppable FORCE--- Know your physics for maximum performance.
    "Don't you know there ain't no Devil, there's just God when he's drunk" -Tom Waits

"The only question is...which is to be Master? That is all." - Lewis Carroll

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand