Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by clicker666 View Post
    I wonder if you can buy tumeric/cayenne/black pepper caps or pills? I really don't feel like eating something at bedtime that might keep me awake, because I suffer from early morning awakening, and struggle to get more than five hours sleep a night.
    http://search3.bodybuilding.com/prod...dex?q=turmeric

JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JolietKev View Post
    I sprinkle it in my morning V8. Along with Cayenne, Cod liver oil, Spiruella and Olive oil. Tastes terrible, but it has to be good for me.
    Holy **** that sounds nasty : )

Only thing you're missing from that witches brew is apple cider vinegar!

I'm getting used to Cayenne pepper...but I definitely can say protein shakes with cayenne are not high on the tasty scale. God help you if you swallow the wrong way.

Tofino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JolietKev View Post
    I sprinkle it in my morning V8. Along with Cayenne, Cod liver oil, Spiruella and Olive oil. Tastes terrible, but it has to be good for me.
    Since I read this, I've been doing V8 (I get the high fiber-low sodium stuff) with turmeric and cayenne in the morning. The turmeric makes it bitter as hell (I use a whole teaspoon ) but DAMN this gives me get up n go. Repped!

Threadweaver- Psyche Hero hochspeyer's Avatar
    hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Tofino View Post
    Since I read this, I've been doing V8 (I get the high fiber-low sodium stuff) with turmeric and cayenne in the morning. The turmeric makes it bitter as hell (I use a whole teaspoon ) but DAMN this gives me get up n go. Repped!
    I have never liked V8, but tumeric in tomato juice is great- I have some celery powder in there as well. Tasty, and not a witches brew.

VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Put a couple of heaping tablespoons of ground turmeric in one of your shakes daily and add a generous dash of fresh ground black pepper to enhance absorb-ability.

Taste isn't great, but this has completely knocked out my nighttime back pain that often would awaken me at night and interfere with sleep.

JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I also mix into my brown rice. Right when I add it to the water. It gives the rice a little flavor and also gives it a yellow tint.
    "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them falls to the ground outside of the Lord's will. So do not be afraid, or worry, for you are worth much more than many sparrows."

"Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and the rest shall be given to you as well."

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tumeric.. I put it in my curry for color
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

salvad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JC480 View Post
    No idea if this is a placebo effect...but I have a definite decrease in the "run over by a bus" feeling in the morning since incorporating this stuff in my diet.

I thought about utilizing the curcumin supplements instead...but I take enough supps and I'm a definite believer in whole foods where possible.
    Natural Turmeric has 4% of curcuminoids (The active ingredient), you need 2-4 grams of curcuminoids to have the benefits of turmeric, that means a supplment or to eat around 100 gr of the natural whole food.

jsbauter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use it for neck and foot pain. I take and add it to very warm tea or milk. It really does help reduce pain. I use about a half a teaspoonful with cinnamon and ginger mixed well in my tea. I have not noticed any sweating. But I can definitely tell a slight warm sensation in my neck as the pain reduces.

So yeah...I've been using Turmeric Powder recently in my foods...putting it in damn near everything to be honest...oatmeal, shakes, over meat/veggies/rice etc.

Definitely has a thermogenic effect...I can feel it...it's like a very low key niacin flush w/o the gay itchy pins 'n needles feel.

It tastes fairly bland but definitely is noticeable in food.

Why is this stuff so good?

- powerful anti-inflammatory
    - cholesterol lowering
    - powerful anti-oxidant
    - can help mitigate gas from high protein diets
    - added benefit of a powerful anti-cancer food

There are other studies out there that suggest it helps with some aspects of muscular growth...you guys can research all that, and the other benefits, if you wish

Anyway....just wondering who out there incorporates this stuff in their diet regularly? The only thing I'm wondering is does it make you smell a certain way after consuming it a while...or when you sweat heavy? Folks from India eat this stuff like water and have a reputation for having a peculiar smell...I don't know if this is anecdotal or what.

Lastly...from everything I've read...this stuff seems like a damn superdupergodzilla food.
    Animal Art By Jodi
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/AnimalArtByJodi

RustyBlade will become famous soon enough. (+50) RustyBlade will become famous soon enough. (+50) RustyBlade will become famous soon enough. (+50) RustyBlade will become famous soon enough. (+50) RustyBlade will become famous soon enough. (+50) RustyBlade will become famous soon enough. (+50) RustyBlade will become famous soon enough. (+50) RustyBlade will become famous soon enough. (+50) RustyBlade will become famous soon enough. (+50) RustyBlade will become famous soon enough. (+50) RustyBlade will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I understand that someone resurrected this years-old thread, but, I read it the other day because of it.
    Then yesterday I came home from work starving and whipped up some tuna with a little mayo and mustard... then thought "hey, I have some turmeric... " Threw half a tablespoon in and lemme tell you.... never have I had such an amazing tuna snack...

Benefits aside, it just tastes good...

peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Was taking the pills daily. Got really bad BO from them. My wife couldn't stand it...so I stopped. You end up smelling to those who eat a lot of curry.
    Rolling with the punches.

Threadweaver- Psyche Hero hochspeyer's Avatar
    hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Get some empty veggie caps and load 'em up if you can't stand the taste... I've been doing this for over a year. Oh, and buy your tumeric in the spice aisle, not in the health store... you'll save $10-20+. SRS.

TnRob is a name known to all. (+5000) TnRob is a name known to all. (+5000) TnRob is a name known to all. (+5000) TnRob is a name known to all. (+5000) TnRob is a name known to all. (+5000) TnRob is a name known to all. (+5000) TnRob is a name known to all. (+5000) TnRob is a name known to all. (+5000) TnRob is a name known to all. (+5000) TnRob is a name known to all. (+5000) TnRob is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My wife and I keep a large assortment of various spices on hand. There are many benefits in spices and herbs alike that do your body good. Not just turmeric, but many others as well.

jaynemcintosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been putting fresh turmeric root in protein shakes every day for about three weeks and have started to notice I have a body odor. I am going to try using it every other day and see if that eliminates the odor. I also started experiencing heartburn, which I never have in the past.

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jaynemcintosh View Post
    I have been putting fresh turmeric root in protein shakes every day for about three weeks and have started to notice I have a body odor. I am going to try using it every other day and see if that eliminates the odor. I also started experiencing heartburn, which I never have in the past.
    Well this thread is 8 years old. You can always start a new thread? Indigestion and body odor could come from a number of things. Hard to comment.

I'll say in general Meriva Turmeric Complex has worked well for us.

I don't use this product but one like it: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/so...th-meriva.html
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Turmeric is an amazing anti-inflammatory herb. You can add a small amount of the extract. I use 1/8 of a teaspoon as that's all I need in my smoothies. I also use the turmeric root powder (not the extract) in cooking. I try to buy organic as much as possible. I buy the Organic Traditions brand from liveorganiccanada.com. I generally like that brand but I'm sure you can also find it in health food stores.

Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i am a user. 1 sometimes 2 caps a day. I forgot the mg. I think it helps as an anti inflammatory besides the good antioxidant affect.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    My wife has a very vigorous turmeric plant growing in our living room window. I think you harvest the roots in the fall. She's a big fan of it.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

Leddyman is just really nice. (+1000) Leddyman is just really nice. (+1000) Leddyman is just really nice. (+1000) Leddyman is just really nice. (+1000) Leddyman is just really nice. (+1000) Leddyman is just really nice. (+1000) Leddyman is just really nice. (+1000) Leddyman is just really nice. (+1000) Leddyman is just really nice. (+1000) Leddyman is just really nice. (+1000) Leddyman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yep 2 caps every day. And I'm a beast! lol
    There could be 5 or 6 ninjas in this room right now.

I like fake boobs that look real and real boobs that look fake.

Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I actually take a tsp even with a small amount of water in the mornings.
    I am always one lift, from Perfection.
    1/75th Army Rangers
    God Protect this Country
    TO BE ONE ASK ONE

trev1972a will become famous soon enough. (+50) trev1972a will become famous soon enough. (+50) trev1972a will become famous soon enough. (+50) trev1972a will become famous soon enough. (+50) trev1972a will become famous soon enough. (+50) trev1972a will become famous soon enough. (+50) trev1972a will become famous soon enough. (+50) trev1972a will become famous soon enough. (+50) trev1972a will become famous soon enough. (+50) trev1972a will become famous soon enough. (+50) trev1972a will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like the taste, but im not convinced of its benefits, a friend swears by it and believes it reduces tumours and all sorts.

From the little i have read the active ingredient (curcumin) has very poor bio availability.

Saucha is just really nice. (+1000) Saucha is just really nice. (+1000) Saucha is just really nice. (+1000) Saucha is just really nice. (+1000) Saucha is just really nice. (+1000) Saucha is just really nice. (+1000) Saucha is just really nice. (+1000) Saucha is just really nice. (+1000) Saucha is just really nice. (+1000) Saucha is just really nice. (+1000) Saucha is just really nice. (+1000)
    I put it in hot drinks, and sweet treats. Latest mainstream talk is you need black pepper with it to get it activated. I now add a pinc of black pepper to everything tumeric goes in.
    Nah I dont have a tuumeric smell. Indian cooking used heaps of spices and its probably repeated ingestion of a variety, and being in proximity to cooking odiurs, that causes the odor. ??

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I used to use it, about 8 years ago

ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've been taking 1000mg a day for a couple years now. Definitely have seen reduced muscle inflammation.
    Epic Beard Man crew

My Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164109201&page=61

thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000)

I've been using this stuff fairly regularly for awhile.

I buy the "Simply Organic" brand at the grocery store. I typically use about 2 teaspoons of this spice per day. I just sprinkle it right into the nutri-bullet container,or into the sport water-bottle that i carry around. Its good to know that it has multiple benefits. I mainly started using it because of hearing about its benefits for joint-health and prevention of various types of inflammation.
    *Addicted to swimming during the summer crew.*
    *Despisement of 2nd hand smoke crew.*
    *Bring back the Commodore 64 crew.*
    *Create a new electric car/vehicle thats under 5 grand crew !*
    *I work very hard for very little pay crew. : ( *
    *I am just "Not Of" this stupid selfish world crew.*
    *I feel annoyed and disgusted of people pre-occupied with they're smart-phones crew. : / *
    *I grew up an Ultra Late Bloomer crew.*

foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I use it in my smoothies and protein shakes. Sometimes, I even use the extract and mix it with water in a shaker. Turmeric is not only known for its anti-inflammatory effects, it's also been shows that it has anti cancer effects. I buy organic online locally in Canada.

marshaven is not very well liked. (-100) marshaven is not very well liked. (-100) marshaven is not very well liked. (-100) marshaven is not very well liked. (-100) marshaven is not very well liked. (-100) marshaven is not very well liked. (-100) marshaven is not very well liked. (-100) marshaven is not very well liked. (-100) marshaven is not very well liked. (-100) marshaven is not very well liked. (-100) marshaven is not very well liked. (-100)
    So yeah...I've been using Turmeric Powder recently in my foods...putting it in damn near everything to be honest...oatmeal, shakes, over meat/veggies/rice etc.

Definitely has a thermogenic effect...I can feel it...it's like a very low key niacin flush w/o the gay itchy pins 'n needles feel.

It tastes fairly bland but definitely is noticeable in food.

Why is this stuff so good?

- powerful anti-inflammatory
    - cholesterol lowering
    - powerful anti-oxidant
    - can help mitigate gas from high protein diets
    - added benefit of a powerful anti-cancer food

There are other studies out there that suggest it helps with some aspects of muscular growth...you guys can research all that, and the other benefits, if you wish

Anyway....just wondering who out there incorporates this stuff in their diet regularly? The only thing I'm wondering is does it make you smell a certain way after consuming it a while...or when you sweat heavy? Folks from India eat this stuff like water and have a reputation for having a peculiar smell...I don't know if this is anecdotal or what.

Lastly...from everything I've read...this stuff seems like a damn superdupergodzilla food.
    Thanks for sharing all this info. This actually gives me a great idea for my blog.
    Body Launch Blog https://body-launch.blogspot.com

JJsevens will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJsevens will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJsevens will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJsevens will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJsevens will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJsevens will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJsevens will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJsevens will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJsevens will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJsevens will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJsevens will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by namtrag View Post
    tumeric comes in capsules, google curcumin
    I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it. Tumeric in itself isn't what carries the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, it's curcumin. What you want to take are cucurmin supplements for antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, tumeric only carries a fraction of cucurmin and the body doesn't absorb it as well on it's own, the supplements do.

I use Sisu full spectrum Curcumin combined with a joint care formula, i use genuine health brand for that. at 41 it's really helps with the heavy lifts! Most of my joints have significantly improved and getting better.

BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ajdahlheimer View Post
    I've been taking 1000mg a day for a couple years now. Definitely have seen reduced muscle inflammation.

Inflammation is what causes the muscle tissue to grow after it is damaged during lifting ..... just saying

but it's ok, turmeric hasn't been found to be the miracle plant that people makes it out to be , it's anti inflammatory are dubious
    all the peer reviewed studies show no significant difference between turmeric and a placebo

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/full/10.1021...edchem.6b00975
    "With respect to curcumin/curcuminoids and in vivo studies and clinical trials, we believe there is rather “much ado about nothing”. Certainly, the low systemic exposure levels reported in clinical trials do not support its further investigation as a therapeutic."

Originally Posted by JJsevens View Post
    I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it. Tumeric in itself isn't what carries the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, it's curcumin. What you want to take are cucurmin supplements for antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, tumeric only carries a fraction of cucurmin and the body doesn't absorb it as well on it's own, the supplements do.

I use Sisu full spectrum Curcumin combined with a joint care formula, i use genuine health brand for that. at 41 it's really helps with the heavy lifts! Most of my joints have significantly improved and getting better.
    curcumin is a substance contained in tumeric, if you eat tumeric you eat curcumin duh..
    also ginger and other root vegetable sin the same family contain curcumin, full spectrum curcumin , spectrum of what ? lol that doesn't even make any sense

is that what it says on the bottle ?