Registered User Mr. sPECtacular's Avatar
    Mr. sPECtacular will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr. sPECtacular will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr. sPECtacular will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr. sPECtacular will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr. sPECtacular will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr. sPECtacular will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr. sPECtacular will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr. sPECtacular will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr. sPECtacular will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr. sPECtacular will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr. sPECtacular will become famous soon enough. (+50)

cardio+heavy lifting=mistake?

ok so heres what i am attempting to do

mon-chest/bis
    tue-back/tris
    wed-cardio for about 45 min-1hr
    thu-shoulders
    fri-legs

each is 1 warmup and 2 sets of failure8-12 reps for each lift
    each body part gets 4-5 lifts

i want to lose a bit of fat. i know diet is important, but i just want to know about the exercise...for now. still getting a hang of it.

ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you are looking to lose fat, you need to understand that your body has to be in a caloric deficit on a daily basis. A suggestion would be to do cardio 4 or 5 days a week for 20 minutes, rather than 1 hour on 1 day. This will help you get in that deficit.

perduebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) perduebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) perduebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) perduebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) perduebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) perduebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) perduebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) perduebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) perduebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) perduebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) perduebs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ven33 View Post
    If you are looking to lose fat, you need to understand that your body has to be in a caloric deficit on a daily basis. A suggestion would be to do cardio 4 or 5 days a week for 20 minutes, rather than 1 hour on 1 day. This will help you get in that deficit.
    This^. The only thing I will add is to be careful if you use running for cardio. I find that it tends to burn a few too many calories while cutting if I run more than 2x per week and ends up wasting more muscle than other forms of cardio.

KyleSlim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KyleSlim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KyleSlim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KyleSlim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KyleSlim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KyleSlim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

That's completely not true. It's not about depleting yourself of calories it's about what kinds of calories you put down. Go with a low-carb diet and continue the cardio. You'll get rid of that fat in no time. If you eat a sufficient amount of protein then you will be taking in lots of calories, and you can still low carb, so no it is not about overall calorie intake.