ripperzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How do i get ripped like Bruce Lee?

I am current 33 yrs old, 122lbs, and 5'8. I have a skinny figure, but my body fat is not where I want it. I haven't been working out for about 7yrs or more. I recently lost 25 lbs (use to weigh 145) due to depression and most of that weight is gone off my gut area which is what made me motivated to start working out again. Anyways I would really like to get toned/ripped like Bruce Lee but keep my skinny physique without getting big and bulky. I do wanna gain some muscle mass but not a whole lot. Certain parts of my body have more body fat than others. I have been doing cardio 3x a week for 30 mins each and I burn around 350 calories each time doing it. And I do weight training on my other days 3x a week.

I get about 1200-1500 calories daily from my diet. My recommended is about 1800. So I don't think I'm eating enough food. Even tho I try to eat more smaller meals. Like 6 a day. Brekfast, lunch, dinner and in between Ill have a small snack like a fruit or granola bar.

But since I'm cutting back on my daily calorie intake and also working out. Will it make getting a ripped body much quicker for me? I'm not sure if I need to buy protein shakes either to help me get there. I don't think Bruce Lee took any protein shake and he ate a lot and I don't think he was a health nut in the foods he ate. I read some of his books and he enjoy eating all kinds of food.

What would be a good workout plan to get me ripped and how long will it take for me to see results?

Is it true that I can workout my abs everyday since they are the core muscles? and I don't have to do many reps since the abs are small muscles. I heard ppl tell meits better to work out bgigger groups of muscles, because the more muscles you have the more calories your body will burn even when you're not training. So to get a six pack quicker should I just focus working out on the bigger muscle groups such as chest, arms, legs?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    You're 5' 8", 122 and you want to cut? Sorry; I won't help you do that.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    maybe try reading some of his books?

I have, his books are mostly about philosophy of Martial Arts.

thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    You are small!!! If you want to do that then get online and Google "Bruce Lee Workouts". If I were you I would consider eating more to put on some mass. Bruce DID eat a healthy diet. His muscle mass proves it. He was small but strong.
    If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Bruce Lee had some muscle. In fact he was pretty strong. Obtaining a low bodyfat without that foundation wont leave you looking ANYTHING like Bruce.
    To guys starting out - please understand: when you can deadlift 450lb for 10 reps your back, hamstrings & traps will reflect THAT not which program you used to get there. When you can curl 150 for 10, your biceps will reflect THAT, not which program, rep range or method you used to get there. There is no voodoo independent of poundage progression, just faster and slower ways of getting to your next pit stop.

I'm having difficulty adding muscle mass. I find it hard to gain that. Should I get some protein shakes at GNC or Vitamin Shoppe. I think its called whey protein and drink those to get more calories when I work out in order to gain some muscle mass? Bruce Lee is 5'7 and 135lbs... So I just need to lose more body fat and gain about 15lbs of lean muscle.

If somebody can please recommend me of a good workout program for me to start out. I do weight traning 3x a week (mon, wed, fri) I started off with a curling bar and add 10lbs to each side. So I'm curling 20lbs plus how much ever the bar weighs, I do about 3 sets of 10-15 reps each. Is this a good start for one of my excercises? I am not sure of how to split up working different sections of my body each day. Whats the optimal way to workout? Chest+Shoulders+abs one day and like arms+backs+abs the next day, and legs+lower half+abs?

For me to get ripped, should I start with heavier weights and less reps, or lighter weights and more reps? Been reading and researching a lot of nutrition, calories, weight training, cardio. There's so much to learn and I am sort of confused and would like to get the facts and know for sure that I am making the most from my weight training and cardio. Thank you in advance.

The Jester is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Jester is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Jester is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Jester is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Jester is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Jester is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Jester is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Jester is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Jester is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Jester is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Jester is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ripperzo View Post
    I am current 33 yrs old, 122lbs, and 5'8. I have a skinny figure, but my body fat is not where I want it. I haven't been working out for about 7yrs or more. I recently lost 25 lbs (use to weigh 145) due to depression and most of that weight is gone off my gut area which is what made me motivated to start working out again. Anyways I would really like to get toned/ripped like Bruce Lee but keep my skinny physique without getting big and bulky. I do wanna gain some muscle mass but not a whole lot. Certain parts of my body have more body fat than others. I have been doing cardio 3x a week for 30 mins each and I burn around 350 calories each time doing it. And I do weight training on my other days 3x a week.

I get about 1200-1500 calories daily from my diet. My recommended is about 1800. So I don't think I'm eating enough food. Even tho I try to eat more smaller meals. Like 6 a day. Brekfast, lunch, dinner and in between Ill have a small snack like a fruit or granola bar.

But since I'm cutting back on my daily calorie intake and also working out. Will it make getting a ripped body much quicker for me? I'm not sure if I need to buy protein shakes either to help me get there. I don't think Bruce Lee took any protein shake and he ate a lot and I don't think he was a health nut in the foods he ate. I read some of his books and he enjoy eating all kinds of food.

What would be a good workout plan to get me ripped and how long will it take for me to see results?

Is it true that I can workout my abs everyday since they are the core muscles? and I don't have to do many reps since the abs are small muscles. I heard ppl tell meits better to work out bgigger groups of muscles, because the more muscles you have the more calories your body will burn even when you're not training. So to get a six pack quicker should I just focus working out on the bigger muscle groups such as chest, arms, legs?
    Ok to answer this shortly without being insulting. people asking question like this really need to understand how you or anyone looks is all genetics yea you can change the body fat, and build muscle, but how one person looks to the next is entirely based on genetics. you may be able to build muscle and look leaner, but it doesnt mean your gonna have that long lean muscle that bruce lee had, especial if you have short muscle bellies. you need to focus just building the best body you can build and not base it looking like anyone else. you can build muscle without gaining bulky fat, but it will require a higher calorie intake then you have now choose a weight you wish to be eat 1 gram of protien per pound that is, get your carbs from healthy sources aka fruits, oat meal, brown rice, and continue the cardio. No do not work your abs out everyday they get alot of work just being your core, twice a week at more than enough. also you just dont gain a six back by working out your legs chest and arms its all diet and conditioning. remember abs equal a good diet plus cardio.
    5'8'' 215lbs
    Max
    bench-350
    squat-505
    power clean-290 dont clean anymore!
    NEW! DEAD LIFT 500lbs 2 reps

live by the basics! lift heavy+eating right+Patience=MUSCLE

Bodybuilding isn't a subject to over think there is no magic pill for it either just train your heart out is all.

The Jester is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Jester is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Jester is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Jester is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Jester is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Jester is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Jester is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Jester is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Jester is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Jester is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Jester is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm having difficulty adding muscle mass. I find it hard to gain that. Should I get some protein shakes at GNC or Vitamin Shoppe. I think its called whey protein and drink those to get more calories when I work out in order to gain some muscle mass? Bruce Lee is 5'7 and 135lbs... So I just need to lose more body fat and gain about 15lbs of lean muscle.

If somebody can please recommend me of a good workout program for me to start out. I do weight traning 3x a week (mon, wed, fri) I started off with a curling bar and add 10lbs to each side. So I'm curling 20lbs plus how much ever the bar weighs, I do about 3 sets of 10-15 reps each. Is this a good start for one of my excercises? I am not sure of how to split up working different sections of my body each day. Whats the optimal way to workout? Chest+Shoulders+abs one day and like arms+backs+abs the next day, and legs+lower half+abs?

For me to get ripped, should I start with heavier weights and less reps, or lighter weights and more reps? Been reading and researching a lot of nutrition, calories, weight training, cardio. There's so much to learn and I am sort of confused and would like to get the facts and know for sure that I am making the most from my weight training and cardio. Thank you in advance.
    not to be mean but you need to use this website and study anybody can throw you a routine together but you need to look into factors like what body type you are ecto, endo, or meso. look into the sites workouts others have done, and try a few that way you can start to build a trial and error for yourself, nobody can honestly say hey do this split it'll work for you. your not gaiing muscle also because your not eating enough and whey is just a whey to increase protien its not somthing for calories thats what good ole food is for.
    5'8'' 215lbs
    Max
    bench-350
    squat-505
    power clean-290 dont clean anymore!
    NEW! DEAD LIFT 500lbs 2 reps

live by the basics! lift heavy+eating right+Patience=MUSCLE

Bodybuilding isn't a subject to over think there is no magic pill for it either just train your heart out is all.

Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Until you've spent at least 6 months on an intelligent routine including bench, squat and dead lift we really dont have any idea whether you have trouble building muscle or not. Look at the sticky at the top of the page and pick one. Up your protein to 1.5g per lb bodyweight and adjust the rest of your calories based on your bodies response to them and your goals.

Lee was around 135-140 at about 6% bodyfat. That's about 130lb lean mass. You could set that as your target then cut once you get there. Probably take a year to get there and 4-5 months to cut.
    To guys starting out - please understand: when you can deadlift 450lb for 10 reps your back, hamstrings & traps will reflect THAT not which program you used to get there. When you can curl 150 for 10, your biceps will reflect THAT, not which program, rep range or method you used to get there. There is no voodoo independent of poundage progression, just faster and slower ways of getting to your next pit stop.

theriftable is not very helpful. (-500) theriftable is not very helpful. (-500) theriftable is not very helpful. (-500) theriftable is not very helpful. (-500) theriftable is not very helpful. (-500) theriftable is not very helpful. (-500) theriftable is not very helpful. (-500) theriftable is not very helpful. (-500) theriftable is not very helpful. (-500) theriftable is not very helpful. (-500) theriftable is not very helpful. (-500)
    dude you should be gaining some weigt by eating more first. bruce lee was 160 lbs at his heaviest and 135lbs after he cut but if you read about hm he DID bulk first by eating alot and lifting heavy weights then cut only after that so that he had muscle and was ripped. you should gain alot of weight first because you are real skinny right now.

Nick589 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have, his books are mostly about philosophy of Martial Arts.
    Yes, most of his books are about martial arts and Jeet Kune Do, but not all. There is a book that is a compilation of what is known about his workouts and how he got to where he was at the time he made the film Enter the Dragon. The books called "The Art of Expressing the Human Body", you can look it up on Amazon or at Barnes and Noble in the sports section, its around $20. I actually bought this book a while ago and have learned some interesting things in specific exercises for improving my agility in martial arts.

But the question for you is: are you currently doing any martial arts? will you be doing any self defense training or mma anytime soon? If not, you need to consider that Bruce Lee trained his body not because he wanted to look good, but to perform the way he wanted to. As a result he achieved the physique he's famous for.

And yes, Bruce was a health nut. In fact he devoted his entire life to being the most healthy he possibly could. You can read all about this online or in books, and you will see he did use supplements (vitamins, minerals, protein shakes), etc.

Take a look at that book and see if you like some of the things he did. Plan out a beginner's lifting routine and don't overdo the weight or reps. He has a whole section of cardio and how he implemented it, too. I believe he stated he ran every morning and was a huge fan of it.

But like I said earlier, Lee trained his body for martial arts, if you aren't doing martial arts a lot of the things he did probably won't apply to you.

xanderlam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xanderlam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xanderlam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xanderlam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xanderlam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xanderlam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xanderlam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xanderlam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xanderlam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xanderlam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xanderlam is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    at 122 lbs ur more ripped than bruce lee. eat some kfc

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Bruce Lee was about 160lbs at his largest and most ripped - yes he discovered weightlifting.

OP - bulk to 180, cut to 160.

rafiki121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rafiki121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rafiki121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rafiki121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rafiki121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rafiki121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rafiki121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rafiki121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rafiki121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rafiki121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rafiki121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bruce lee didnt lift much weights i think. He did more calisthenics seems like.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Bruce Lee was about 160lbs at his largest and most ripped - yes he discovered weightlifting.

OP - bulk to 180, cut to 160.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by rafiki121 View Post
    Bruce lee didnt lift much weights i think. He did more calisthenics seems like.
    He did both

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_lee#Physical_fitness