TheDictionary is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDictionary is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDictionary is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDictionary is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDictionary is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDictionary is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDictionary is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDictionary is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDictionary is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDictionary is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDictionary is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Indole-3-Carbinol

I know what it's supposed to do, does it work? Any noticeable effects? Any affects after discontinuing usage?

legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's good for females who wish to reduce more potent estrogens. For men, it is hard to say, since it can also possibly be an anti-androgen at higher doses.

Mr.Pooperton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Pooperton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Pooperton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Pooperton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Pooperton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Pooperton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Pooperton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Pooperton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Pooperton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Pooperton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Pooperton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TheDictionary View Post
    I know what it's supposed to do, does it work? Any noticeable effects? Any affects after discontinuing usage?
    im currently taking 4.4g a day split up into four doses. Just started a couple days ago.
    Last edited by Mr.Pooperton; 10-19-2009 at 06:11 AM.

UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mr.Pooperton View Post
    im currently taking 4.4g a day split up into four doses. Just started a couple days ago.
    Why so much?
    UNCnate@gmail.com, B.Sc, ASCM CPT

brb... lifting :D Midnight_Lifter's Avatar
    Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just curious - what is it that you are focusing on when you say you know what it's supposed to do... there are several properties attributed to I-3-C...

Originally Posted by legalgear View Post
    It's good for females who wish to reduce more potent estrogens. For men, it is hard to say, since it can also possibly be an anti-androgen at higher doses.
    When you say potentially anti-androgen at higher doses, what kind of doses are we talking about? There are several products I am interested in that contain I-3-C plus the amounts in some of my favorite foods (such as broccoli and cauliflower...). - Thanks...

BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Take DIM not IC3.
    "The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work."-T. Edison-

"Governments should also decrease the role of economists - they're no more reliable than astrologers, and they do more damage."-N. Taleb-

"A fundamental characteristic of our economy is that the financial system swings between robustness and fragility, and these swings are an integral part of the process that generates business cycles."-H. Minsky-

Make the Game Easy... B1GinNY82307's Avatar
    B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    studies? Please link as I can't search (on phone)

Originally Posted by marmadogg View Post
    Take DIM not IC3.
    any reason as to why you suggest this?
    Free Agent

legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    4 grams is a lot! This isn't conclusive of course, but it is interesting for sure. I wouldn't sweat it, but at that high of a dose it is possible.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...ubmed_RVDocSum

Basically says that DIM/I3C down regulates the AR.

This one says I3C down regulates the AR but not DIM.

1: Carcinogenesis. 2005 Nov;26(11):1896-904. Epub 2005 Jun 15.Click here to read Links
    Indole-3-carbinol inhibition of androgen receptor expression and downregulation of androgen responsiveness in human prostate cancer cells.
    Hsu JC, Zhang J, Dev A, Wing A, Bjeldanes LF, Firestone GL.

Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, The University of California at Berkeley, CA 94720, USA.

Indole-3-carbinol (I3C), a naturally occurring compound found in vegetables of the Brassica genus, such as broccoli and cabbage, is a promising anticancer agent previously shown to induce a G(1) cell-cycle arrest in the cells of human lymph node carcinoma of prostate (LNCaP) through regulation of specific G(1)-acting cell-cycle components. Since the androgen receptor (AR) mediates proliferation and differentiation in the prostate and is expressed in nearly all human prostate cancers, the effects of I3C on AR expression and function were examined in LNCaP cells. Immunoblot and quantitative RT-PCR assays revealed that I3C inhibited the expression of AR protein and mRNA levels within 12 h of indole treatment. I3C downregulated the reporter activity of LNCaP cells transiently transfected with an AR promoter-luciferase plasmid, demonstrating that a unique response to I3C is the inhibition of AR promoter activity. In contrast to I3C, the natural I3C dimerization product 3,3'-diindolylmethane, which acts as an androgen antagonist, had no effect on AR expression. To determine the functional significance of the I3C-inhibited expression of AR, the AR-regulated prostate specific antigen (PSA) was utilized as a downstream indicator. I3C downregulated the expression of PSA transcripts and protein levels and inhibited PSA promoter activity, as well as that of a minimal androgen responsive element containing reporter plasmid. Expression of exogenous AR prevented the I3C disruption of androgen-induced PSA expression. Taken together, our results demonstrate that I3C represses AR expression and responsiveness in LNCaP cells as a part of its antiproliferative mechanism.

Make the Game Easy... B1GinNY82307's Avatar
    B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    interesting...what thinks of this?

I3C or DIM?
    Free Agent

TheDictionary is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDictionary is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDictionary is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDictionary is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDictionary is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDictionary is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDictionary is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDictionary is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDictionary is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDictionary is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDictionary is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Midnight_Lifter View Post
    Just curious - what is it that you are focusing on when you say you know what it's supposed to do... there are several properties attributed to I-3-C...

Well I've been looking for anything to boost testosterone but I'm not interested in the regular test boosters (my good friend was born with gyno and had surgeory ect) so I want to stay away from test boosters.

But basically I have read that it is natural in broccoli and that it is highly anticarcinogenic (like to the magnitude of reducing cancer rates in studies ect). And secondly that it either promotes testosterone supply or discourages bad estrogen. Something like that, I am interested because it seems pretty healthy/natural. I am just wondering if anyone has had any noticeable effects from it.

thanks

Originally Posted by Mr.Pooperton View Post
    How did you decide on 4.4g? And what brand/where did you get it?

Yeah, that is a lot really...

Mr.Pooperton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Pooperton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Pooperton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Pooperton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Pooperton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Pooperton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Pooperton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Pooperton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Pooperton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Pooperton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Pooperton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    How did you decide on 4.4g? And what brand/where did you get it?
    brand is NSI. I think I ordered it from Vitacost

Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by marmadogg View Post
    Take DIM not IC3.
    Why? It's not as if I3C doesn't work...

UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    4 grams is a lot! This isn't conclusive of course, but it is interesting for sure. I wouldn't sweat it, but at that high of a dose it is possible.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...ubmed_RVDocSum

Basically says that DIM/I3C down regulates the AR.

This one says I3C down regulates the AR but not DIM.

1: Carcinogenesis. 2005 Nov;26(11):1896-904. Epub 2005 Jun 15.Click here to read Links
    Indole-3-carbinol inhibition of androgen receptor expression and downregulation of androgen responsiveness in human prostate cancer cells.
    Hsu JC, Zhang J, Dev A, Wing A, Bjeldanes LF, Firestone GL.

Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, The University of California at Berkeley, CA 94720, USA.

Indole-3-carbinol (I3C), a naturally occurring compound found in vegetables of the Brassica genus, such as broccoli and cabbage, is a promising anticancer agent previously shown to induce a G(1) cell-cycle arrest in the cells of human lymph node carcinoma of prostate (LNCaP) through regulation of specific G(1)-acting cell-cycle components. Since the androgen receptor (AR) mediates proliferation and differentiation in the prostate and is expressed in nearly all human prostate cancers, the effects of I3C on AR expression and function were examined in LNCaP cells. Immunoblot and quantitative RT-PCR assays revealed that I3C inhibited the expression of AR protein and mRNA levels within 12 h of indole treatment. I3C downregulated the reporter activity of LNCaP cells transiently transfected with an AR promoter-luciferase plasmid, demonstrating that a unique response to I3C is the inhibition of AR promoter activity. In contrast to I3C, the natural I3C dimerization product 3,3'-diindolylmethane, which acts as an androgen antagonist, had no effect on AR expression. To determine the functional significance of the I3C-inhibited expression of AR, the AR-regulated prostate specific antigen (PSA) was utilized as a downstream indicator. I3C downregulated the expression of PSA transcripts and protein levels and inhibited PSA promoter activity, as well as that of a minimal androgen responsive element containing reporter plasmid. Expression of exogenous AR prevented the I3C disruption of androgen-induced PSA expression. Taken together, our results demonstrate that I3C represses AR expression and responsiveness in LNCaP cells as a part of its antiproliferative mechanism.
    Does anyone have this full text? Just curious about the dosing.
    UNCnate@gmail.com, B.Sc, ASCM CPT