taryn1210 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taryn1210 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taryn1210 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taryn1210 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taryn1210 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taryn1210 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taryn1210 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taryn1210 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taryn1210 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taryn1210 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taryn1210 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

why so hard to get to 10% body fat

Im not at 10% so i cant answer

But i hear a lot of people on the forums saying they have been training hard and always in a calorie deficit

if this is the case why does it become so much harder to loose the last drop of fat

if you are burning more calories than you consume

this may be a daft question but i had to ask

the reason i havent got there is because i spen 3 weeks training hard then ill end up going out drinking one weekend which then leads to a few days not training and bad eating

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by taryn1210 View Post
    Im not at 10% so i cant answer

But i hear a lot of people on the forums saying they have been training hard and always in a calorie deficit

if this is the case why does it become so much harder to loose the last drop of fat

if you are burning more calories than you consume

this may be a daft question but i had to ask

the reason i havent got there is because i spen 3 weeks training hard then ill end up going out drinking one weekend which then leads to a few days not training and bad eating
    It's hard because people don't give it their all.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i've got the same problem man, been hovering in the same bf zone for the past year and just recomping slowly...i've already been on a perpetual diet for 1.5years, it's quite fun to go out and relive the old days for a few days at a time...keeps me sane

besides, it is really unnatural for the body to go much lower than 10% bf, apparently evolution has taught out bodies that another ice age is imminent, so we don't want to fall in the danger zone of BF%
    Eat Clean Snatch & Jerk

TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Some of it has to do with age for the older forum members. At 35+ years of age, it is harder to lose bodyfat. Not impossible, just harder. Also a lot of people are not making the necessary changes to their diet/workouts to achieve single digit bodyfat.

Then there are people like myself who could care less about being single digit.

Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    When the going gets tough the tough gets going..

Pretty basic... For some people (me included lowest 12%) you start feeling like cr#p and doubting yourself... The slightest slip can snow ball and you gain it all back much quicker then it took to lose it..

My 2 cents

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Tomek View Post
    When the going gets tough the tough gets going..

Pretty basic... For some people (me included lowest 12%) you start feeling like cr#p and doubting yourself... The slightest slip can snow ball and you gain it all back much quicker then it took to lose it..

My 2 cents
    I will agree that you can gain it back MUCH faster than you can cut it BUT feeling like crap and doubting yourself is based upon the individual. There's more than just the physical side to this fat loss game as many of us realize. You must be mentally strong as well as physically to really become one of the elite.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by th3pwn3r View Post
    It's hard because people don't give it their all.
    Too true sadly. When U went from 190-200 lbs. to 140, I wanted it so bad and I didn't want to look thatfat anymore, now that I'm here and I look and feel a bit decent, I start to coast and lose some of the passion I had to lose the weight from when I was at 190+.
    Last edited by Shr3dJunki3; 10-18-2009 at 07:08 AM.
    We all come from humble beginnings.

Studies everywhere tell you everything, listen to your body instead and you'll succeed.

" So you're thinking that you're all that, and then some...man I got news for you..."

Slowly diminishing fatty SoSadBtTrue's Avatar
    SoSadBtTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoSadBtTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoSadBtTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoSadBtTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoSadBtTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoSadBtTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoSadBtTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoSadBtTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoSadBtTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoSadBtTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoSadBtTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    "It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. It's the hard that makes it great."

- Tom Hanks from "A League of Their Own"

surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10) surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10) surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10) surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10) surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10) surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10) surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10) surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10) surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10) surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10) surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SoSadBtTrue View Post
    "It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. It's the hard that makes it great."

- Tom Hanks from "A League of Their Own"
    I like that. So true...
    Member of the "former 400lbs+ club"

wnc817 is just really nice. (+1000) wnc817 is just really nice. (+1000) wnc817 is just really nice. (+1000) wnc817 is just really nice. (+1000) wnc817 is just really nice. (+1000) wnc817 is just really nice. (+1000) wnc817 is just really nice. (+1000) wnc817 is just really nice. (+1000) wnc817 is just really nice. (+1000) wnc817 is just really nice. (+1000) wnc817 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by wlknier View Post
    i've got the same problem man, been hovering in the same bf zone for the past year and just recomping slowly...i've already been on a perpetual diet for 1.5years, it's quite fun to go out and relive the old days for a few days at a time...keeps me sane

besides, it is really unnatural for the body to go much lower than 10% bf, apparently evolution has taught out bodies that another ice age is imminent, so we don't want to fall in the danger zone of BF%
    Actually, it is. Global warming is bs.