evanwalker is on a distinguished road. (+10) evanwalker is on a distinguished road. (+10) evanwalker is on a distinguished road. (+10) evanwalker is on a distinguished road. (+10) evanwalker is on a distinguished road. (+10) evanwalker is on a distinguished road. (+10) evanwalker is on a distinguished road. (+10) evanwalker is on a distinguished road. (+10) evanwalker is on a distinguished road. (+10) evanwalker is on a distinguished road. (+10) evanwalker is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Coan Phillippi Question

I know Coan Phillipi is supposed to be taxing, so I laid off my idea to run it alongside Sheiko:

New idea:
    Mon - C/P
    Tue - Heavy Bench
    Wed - AR
    Thur - ME Squats
    Fri - AR
    Sat - DE squats (REALLY light, 40% or so)
    Sun - Off

Does this sound like a practical program or would this too ensure overtraining?

I'm fat, nutrient intake isn't an issue.

Current maxes:
    700sq
    565dl (I know....)
    350b

TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The Coan-Phillipie program is meant to be run as a stand alone routine. Adding anything to it would put you at risk for recovery problems or potentially diminish your gains.

If you do not want to 100% focus on deadlift then perhaps just do one of the workouts each week (speed one week, power the next) to lessen the volume and allow for recovery. Another alternative would be to go VERY conservative with your max, perhaps something like 50 lbs less than a recent max so that the program would not be as taxing. The problem with the sub-max would be that the program would also be less effective.