Page 359 of 580 FirstFirst ... 259 309 349 357 358 359 360 361 369 409 459 ... LastLast
Results 10,741 to 10,770 of 17388
    huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by izzygrant View Post
    So this is where you all hang out.

Been O lifting for a couple months now; in to stalk you all and learn chit.
    inb4 all the canadibrahs WK
    The Long Road to Competition... My olympic weightlifting journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145925733

Sexual Tyrannosaurus ftwrestler's Avatar
    ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Greco-Roman View Post
    ty sir.
    you walk around at 140? if so diet?

Originally Posted by huntito View Post
    **** i will white knight her and i am american and married with my wife stalking my forum posts

***balls the size of lemons crew***

Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ftwrestler View Post
    you walk around at 140? if so diet?
    Yeah, 140 is my usual weight, compete at 62kg/136.4

Diet is not meticulous, but essentially just low carb. I could offer more specifics if desired, but I don't count calories or things like that.

ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, 140 is my usual weight, compete at 62kg/136.4

Diet is not meticulous, but essentially just low carb. I could offer more specifics if desired, but I don't count calories or things like that.
    just curious as to what other lighter lifters eat. im not ignorant on the subject, just curious

i would love specifics

Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000)
    just curious as to what other lighter lifters eat. im not ignorant on the subject, just curious

i would love specifics
    Of course. Again, I'm not too meticulous, so my specifics may not be that descriptive though.

I essentially eat until I'm full, don't restrict the quantity, only the quality.
    Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, [main meals], with anything in-between if desired.
    Fruits are not restricted, nor are vegetables, even if it results in more carbs. I have cheeses, and all kinds of meats/fish. Nuts are fine too.
    I don't have any bread/gluten/grain products/sugar/sweets. Drink almost exclusively water.
    Milk seemed to give me stomach problems, although I'm not lactose in-tolerant, but I don't have any milk.

That what I have been doing at least. I find I don't feel bloated ever, and am able to function well with a rel. low bf%.

jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DaTruth1 View Post
    You're jerks need some rhythm... According to Jon North, the chinese do an exercise simliar to jerk drives, but it is more bouncing and it is to feel the rhythm of the bar and how the floats a bit at the top of your drive. If you figure out your rhythm you'll be able to push under way better IMO. Splitting longer might help too.
    Do you have a video of this? I am having trouble picturing it.

My jerk has improved a lot with constant practice, my main problem, according to Takano, is that my back heel turns out. You'll see it in the video from today, it causes a lot of problems. It means I can't effectively compensate by bending my back knee, and my back heel will get forced into the ground on heavier jerks, you will see this in the video as well. I was a lot happier with the technique on the 102 than the 107.

Have you found Brodin? CuriousGM's Avatar
    CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jb4476 View Post

[youtube]A9pHzzM_1FA[youtube]

My jerk has improved a lot with constant practice, my main problem, according to Takano, is that my back heel turns out. You'll see it in the video from today, it causes a lot of problems. It means I can't effectively compensate by bending my back knee, and my back heel will get forced into the ground on heavier jerks, you will see this in the video as well. I was a lot happier with the technique on the 102 than the 107.
    The biggest problem there looks to be you don't "snap" into place; aka, you're not moving fast enough. But also you barely drop your hips, your leg just goes straight back. Have you tried power jerks as an alternative?

Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i am ready

Of course. Again, I'm not too meticulous, so my specifics may not be that descriptive though.

I essentially eat until I'm full, don't restrict the quantity, only the quality.
    Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, [main meals], with anything in-between if desired.
    Fruits are not restricted, nor are vegetables, even if it results in more carbs. I have cheeses, and all kinds of meats/fish. Nuts are fine too.
    I don't have any bread/gluten/grain products/sugar/sweets. Drink almost exclusively water.
    Milk seemed to give me stomach problems, although I'm not lactose in-tolerant, but I don't have any milk.

That what I have been doing at least. I find I don't feel bloated ever, and am able to function well with a rel. low bf%.

just curious. everyone i have ever lifted with is 85+kg

all them just eat 3 horses with some rice and lift. i never get to see how other little guys eat. i hope to compete in a 69kg next year

[youtube]A9pHzzM_1FA[youtube]

you basically power cleaned it and did a front squat lol

you are stronger than you pull. and you are pressing out your jerks instead of pushing your self underneath it let you body go almost limp till it slams into place and stay tight (that is how i picture it)

unlocking asian genetics DaTruth1's Avatar
    DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ffs don't try going for PRs when you have the flu... My strength was so **** today. TFW only get to max out once a month and I had to be sick this time. Everything felt heavy. Hit a 105 snatch (no pressout this time), but then missed 108 about 7 times. Tried cleaning 127 for a PR but missed that 8 times lol.

btw how does everyone feel about jump&shrug vs "catapult"? I always thought catapult made more sense in my mind, but lately I have been consciously trying to eliminate arm pulling and I am finishing my snatches on my upperthigh and not making hip contact but the weight is going up easier so that was interesting. Also, I am in Edmonton this weekend and lifted at a gym with a pretty reknowned canadian coach and all the tips he gave me were of the jump& shrug camp. I am starting to think jump and shrug makes more sense.
    112.5 snatch
    131 cj

Log: http://www.pendlayforum.com/showthread.php?t=15188

DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Originally Posted by CuriousGM View Post
    The biggest problem there looks to be you don't "snap" into place; aka, you're not moving fast enough. But also you barely drop your hips, your leg just goes straight back. Have you tried power jerks as an alternative?
    I think it's a combination of not letting your back knee drop, and what GM said - you are pushing the bar up and that will never be fast enough. Instead, think about just locking your elbows up as forcefully as possible rather than pushing the bar overhead. The dip and drive will propel the bar up high enough, you should not have to press on it to push it overhead, you should just consciously think of locking your elbows out as hard as you can. This in conjunction with your back knee dropping down as low as it needs to should snap you under the bar way faster. I think you should do a lot of warm ups or backoff sets with lighter weight, focusing on lockout speed.

112.5 snatch
    131 cj

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I wanted to get your guys opinion on what kind of straps to use for snatches.

Up until now I've been using this style of straps:

They are good straps, that hole for the strap really makes it easy to lock myself in tight however that might not necessarily be as desirable when it comes to snatching where it might be better to have something thats easier to bail out of, specifically something like this:

So what would you guys say, is the second type of straps better for snatches than the first or is there not much difference?
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've used every strap under the sun, and my faves are the Risto. At first I hated them, but the leather is so soft you barely feel it on your wrists, and because leather is stronger than other materials they are a lot thinner than other straps, so they don't get all bulky when you wrap them around the bar. For a guy like me that's important because I don't have very big hands so it makes it easier to get a good bite. Plus they are really long, which makes it easier to put them on the bar.
    The best Weightlifting forum on the web:
    www.WLForums.com

dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Look into werksan straps, not a lot of people lift in them but they're great, extremely soft, comfortable, and make bails easy
    Get This Shiiiiiiiiiiiit

Originally Posted by dbk1 View Post
    Look into werksan straps, not a lot of people lift in them but they're great, extremely soft, comfortable, and make bails easy
    I had a pair of Werksan blue straps.

They ripped in about a month or two doing snatch pulls. I did use them a few times on a deadlift bar, which has sharper knurling than an eleiko, so it may have chewed them up a bit faster than normal.

However!, I e-mailed Werksan that they ripped, and they shipped me (only took 2 days) a new pair for free, so their service was excellent. I would definitely recommend them, the pair they shipped me has held up just fine.

mirin non-poverty breakfast?

2/3lb of ground 90% lean angus (well peppered.....srsly)
    sauteed 1 whole red onion
    2 cups of baby kale sauteed
    1oz of white chedder shredded over the food.

lots of pepper and parsley

added in a piece of flax bread because i have a soccer game tonight

scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ffs don't try going for PRs when you have the flu... My strength was so **** today. TFW only get to max out once a month and I had to be sick this time. Everything felt heavy. Hit a 105 snatch (no pressout this time), but then missed 108 about 7 times. Tried cleaning 127 for a PR but missed that 8 times lol.

btw how does everyone feel about jump&shrug vs "catapult"? I always thought catapult made more sense in my mind, but lately I have been consciously trying to eliminate arm pulling and I am finishing my snatches on my upperthigh and not making hip contact but the weight is going up easier so that was interesting. Also, I am in Edmonton this weekend and lifted at a gym with a pretty reknowned canadian coach and all the tips he gave me were of the jump& shrug camp. I am starting to think jump and shrug makes more sense.
    I tell people at the gym that if they just want to power clean some weight for sports or for fun if they can actually jump and shrug hard they should be able to put up some pretty big weight. Problem is even jump and shrug isn't done correctly. Becomes more like deadlift and row.
    Misc Strength Crew

Originally Posted by scarboro View Post
    I tell people at the gym that if they just want to power clean some weight for sports or for fun if they can actually jump and shrug hard they should be able to put up some pretty big weight. Problem is even jump and shrug isn't done correctly. Becomes more like deadlift and row.
    going to start doing snatch/clean deadlifts more frequently

pls respond

huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by matjusm View Post
    I wanted to get your guys opinion on what kind of straps to use for snatches. [/img]

So what would you guys say, is the second type of straps better for snatches than the first or is there not much difference?
    I use the short and sweets from Ironmind. They're great for everything and they're open ended which makes them super easy to bail out of. However if you're the type of person (like me) who likes to drop your snatches after doubles/triples, then resetting gets annoying. I ended up taping the ends of my straps to make it quicker to reset after I drop the bar.

tbh I want long, open ended straps like Klokovs:

anyone know where I can find them???

And where the **** can a guy get Adistars in 10.5!? Can any olybrahs help me locate a pair used?? Someone's training parter/friend/client must be wanting to get rid of theirs.

pls respond
    I do a bunch, usually coach makes me pause in the power position

tbh I want long, open ended straps like Klokovs:

anyone know where I can find them???

Like these?

http://www.werksanusa.com/images/bluestraps375x500.jpg

No, not these. I'm looking for ones with no wrist loop.

scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000)

pls respond
    I'm no abadjiev but they're probably useless for you. You need to stop sandbagging your lifts and lift heavy.
    Misc Strength Crew

Originally Posted by scarboro View Post
    I'm no abadjiev but they're probably useless for you. You need to stop sandbagging your lifts and lift heavy.

No, not these. I'm looking for ones with no wrist loop.
    So just strips of clothe/leather?
    112.5 snatch
    131 cj

I use these Chikarasport straps

in black
    http://www.chikarasport.com/shop.html

They aren't cotton they are that sliperry plastic nylon-y material, so they have pretty low friction once you let go and they release from the bar as if they were never there at all.
    112.5 snatch
    131 cj

So just long strips of clothe/leather?
    fixed

I use these Chikarasport straps

in black
    http://www.chikarasport.com/shop.html

They aren't cotton they are that sliperry plastic nylon-y material, so they have pretty low friction once you let go and they release from the bar as if they were never there at all.
    yeah my ironmind ones are that material.

tfw chikara is 30 minutes from my home lol

izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by forcefedfreak View Post
    spr srs
    Dayum. Nice work. I best toughen up if I want to hang around here I guess.

Originally Posted by schabowy90 View Post
    I lasted one semester at my university doing OLY lifts with no bumper plates but a platform. Tried numerous times to get bumpers in there. No go.

Moving to brute strength, preparing my angus for maximum gains. They're fully equipped.
    Yah it sucks, but the alternatives are in short supply.

Knighting of any colour really won't be necessary. But if it was, LA is closer to Van than Ontario, naomean.

**** i will white knight her and i am american and married with my wife stalking my forum posts

***balls the size of lemons crew***
    Oh hai dere, fancy running into you here

Originally Posted by Robination View Post
    i am ready
    stay safe.

I just want to take this opportunity to say, that my ratio is entirely due to the fact that I am a quality poster.

Guise why are you laughing.

Guise??
    training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153696161&page=51

Have you found Brodin? CuriousGM's Avatar
    CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by izzygrant View Post
    I just want to take this opportunity to say, that my ratio is entirely due to the fact that I am a quality poster.

Guise why are you laughing.

Guise??

trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So I'm on thin ice with my uni gym... they have a platform and bumper plates but guess what I can't drop the weights.

So I was looking for a lifting gym around Knoxville but non... so I looked into cross fit gyms, do any of you guys lift in a cross fit gym? How much do you pay?

I'm going to call up a couple places tomorrow but i was just curious.
    Squat: 135 lbs
    Bench: 225 lbs
    Deadlift: 185 lbs

Stop quoting my stats. I know what I'm doing if I can deadlift 1.5 plates.

Page 359 of 580 FirstFirst ... 259 309 349 357 358 359 360 361 369 409 459 ... LastLast