Page 344 of 580 FirstFirst ... 244 294 334 342 343 344 345 346 354 394 444 ... LastLast
Results 10,291 to 10,320 of 17388
    Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000)

any of you brahs see this chit? also, 220 CJ and 180 snatch.

Not sure if this is Ivan Stoitsov in bear mode or a different Stoitsov altogether?
    Best gym lifts: S 430 / B 385 / D 480 both C&S

dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Smolovicus View Post

Not sure if this is Ivan Stoitsov in bear mode or a different Stoitsov altogether?

anyone wanna guess weight here?
    Get This Shiiiiiiiiiiiit

jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I just read Tokola's profile on ATG and watched his vids. He is SO DAMN fast it is ridiculous. But what the ****, how is it possible that his best FS triple beats mine by about 135 lb but his best press beats mine by only 10 lb. That completely obliterates my mind, I mean, it's not like a place I higher priority on the press, I FS and/or BS every day. brb going to the gym tomorrow to max on FS and BS before going to CF. Still pissed about not getting to that today.

We're still doing that poverty vid on Saturday?

Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jb4476 View Post
    I just read Tokola's profile on ATG and watched his vids. He is SO DAMN fast it is ridiculous. But what the ****, how is it possible that his best FS triple beats mine by about 135 lb but his best press beats mine by only 10 lb. That completely obliterates my mind, I mean, it's not like a place I higher priority on the press, I FS and/or BS every day. brb going to the gym tomorrow to max on FS and BS before going to CF. Still pissed about not getting to that today.

We're still doing that poverty vid on Saturday?
    thats because strict press has nearly no carry-over to the jerk
    the limiting factor of the press is at the bottom/start because of poor mechanical position, this position however has no connection to the jerk since the drive puts the bar above it. Some might argue you get faster under the bar, but that can be trained with other BETTER exercises since its mostly triceps

Because of this here in germany there is no strict pressing in the training regimen of the lifters anymore since the clean&press was removed from competition.
    They occasionally press just for fun, but not as a factor in training.
    Huster didnt press, Steiner doesnt press, Velagic doesnt press.

And my guess is that most high-level lifters dont press either, would just be a waste of time which could be spent better with other exercises.

dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by doncanutcho View Post
    the limiting factor of the press is at the bottom/start because of poor mechanical position, this position however has no connection to the jerk since the drive puts the bar above it. Some might argue you get faster under the bar, but that can be trained with other better exercises since its mostly triceps

because of this here in germany there is no strict pressing in the training regimen of the lifters anymore since the clean&press was removed from competition.
    Huster didnt press, steiner doesnt press, velagic doesnt press.

And my guess is that most high-level lifters dont press either, would just be a waste of time which could be spent better with other exercises.
    josh read this, for the love of god
    Get This Shiiiiiiiiiiiit

huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Doncanutcho View Post
    but what about for ****ty weak lifters like myself? I'm pretty sure pressing has its benefits in terms of strengthening a weak core, but i agree, after a certain level of proficiency and strength all you should worry about is the snatch+c&j technique
    The Long Road to Competition... My olympic weightlifting journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145925733

Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by huntito View Post
    but what about for ****ty weak lifters like myself? I'm pretty sure pressing has its benefits in terms of strengthening a weak core, but i agree, after a certain level of proficiency and strength all you should worry about is the snatch+c&j technique
    If you have the feeling you need to strengthen your core by pressing after youve done your snatches, C&J and Squats like a good boy there must be something wrong
    Olympic lifting crew
    That feel when I have a GF crew
    Misc Med student crew

started training the O-lifts: January 2012

Snatch: 85 kg
    C&J: 110 kg

huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you have the feeling you need to strengthen your core by pressing after youve done your snatches, C&J and Squats like a good boy there must be something wrong
    there is definitely something wrong with me. Not only does my coach have me pressing, but I do direct core work on the side. Keep in mind, I didnt really start squatting until January 2012...

Originally Posted by huntito View Post
    there is definitely something wrong with me. Not only does my coach have me pressing, but I do direct core work on the side. Keep in mind, I didnt really start squatting until January 2012...
    lay of the strict presses and do push presses
    if you want to strict press, press BTN and keep it light

direct core work and the lifts are enough to work your core, esp. when **** gets heavy, remember youre doing a ****load of Overhead squatting when doing snatches and C&J, thats enough isometric core work
    direct core work like weighted crunches and leg raises cover eccentric/concentric contraction and thats all you need
    Olympic lifting crew
    That feel when I have a GF crew
    Misc Med student crew

started training the O-lifts: January 2012

Snatch: 85 kg
    C&J: 110 kg

Sexual Tyrannosaurus ftwrestler's Avatar
    ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    the limiting factor of the press is at the bottom/start because of poor mechanical position, this position however has no connection to the jerk since the drive puts the bar above it. Some might argue you get faster under the bar, but that can be trained with other BETTER exercises since its mostly triceps

Because of this here in germany there is no strict pressing in the training regimen of the lifters anymore since the clean&press was removed from competition.
    Huster didnt press, Steiner doesnt press, Velagic doesnt press.

thats why i dont press

jerk is totally legs, and the fact that squat jerk it is 150% legs lol

so when i want to get a stronger jerk i hit the squat rack and then do light jerks to work on my form

Originally Posted by ftwrestler View Post
    thats why i dont press

jerk is totally legs, and the fact that squat jerk it is 150% legs lol

so when i want to get a stronger jerk i hit the squat rack and then do light jerks to work on my form
    The power jerk is just starting to click for me, definitely all legs

brb struggling at 80 kilos 3 weeks ago, 90 kilos on Wednesday was cake

forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The best Weightlifter I know told me to do presses. So I do them.
    The best Weightlifting forum on the web:
    www.WLForums.com

Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dbk1 View Post
    what is this conditioning thing you speak of?

if I don't play football next year I may never run again lmao
    Ha, believe me I did enough running in college for baseball to last me a lifetime. When you're out of college and sitting on your ass for 10+ hours a day at work like I do, you may find your conditioning/body composition going to **** though. It's a necessary burden I guess.

I do hope I never run more than 200 meters at a time for the rest of my life though.

Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Re: pressing, I think it has it's place in any strength program, Olympic weightlifting or otherwise.

I'm reminded of an article on 70's Big in regards to transitioning from other programs/training styles to Olympic weightlifting, in which Justin wrote the following (after recommending alternating bench and press in the routine):

"* People will whine about how the bench and press, are not specific to weightlifting. If you are weak — and you should know if you are — then just do them. No one wants to see a skinny fat 85kg male lifter go 80/100 while, as Brent says, high school football players easily out-bench him. None of you are going to the Olympics anyway, so get traditionally strong to compliment your future Oly prowess. If you are “strong”, then you could use push-press."

I think this is a really good point, and probably relates to 99.9% of people here. Think about it: of all the people who you've ever seen press bodyweight, are any of them not jacked as hell?

ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by forcefedfreak View Post
    The best Weightlifter I know told me to do presses. So I do them.
    different strokes for different folks

unlocking asian genetics DaTruth1's Avatar
    DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think being stronger is never a bad thing, but the point of diminishing returns is vastly different for each strength exercise. Being strong at pressing will help until you are at the point where you are strong enough to push your body down and keep your elbows locked out overhead - but beyond that point the strength you gain will have little effect on your lifts. Same with squats, for all of us, getting stronger at squatting will inevitably improve our lift numbers, and I will probably never reach the point where a stronger squat wouldn't mean a stronger clean - but for pros like LXJ who can triple 220 on front squats (allegedly? I may be remembering this wrong), further improving his squats will have negligible effect on his full lifts.
    112.5 snatch
    131 cj

Log: http://www.pendlayforum.com/showthread.php?t=15188

Originally Posted by DaTruth1 View Post
    I think being stronger is never a bad thing, but the point of diminishing returns is vastly different for each strength exercise. Being strong at pressing will help until you are at the point where you are strong enough to push your body down and keep your elbows locked out overhead - but beyond that point the strength you gain will have little effect on your lifts. Same with squats, for all of us, getting stronger at squatting will inevitably improve our lift numbers, and I will probably never reach the point where a stronger squat wouldn't mean a stronger clean - but for pros like LXJ who can triple 220 on front squats (allegedly? I may be remembering this wrong), further improving his squats will have negligible effect on his full lifts.

DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    oh lawd
    112.5 snatch
    131 cj

oh lawd
    that was a pre comp warm up btw lol

jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Re pressing: Part of the reason I asked is because he clearly does at least some bench training, whereas I don't, he has a 160 kg bench, I can't come close to touching that. Anyway, I doubt that a few sets of pressing 2-3 times a week is going to make or break my ability in Oly. Btw huntito, now that classes and work and **** are over for me, I might start going to Takano's earlier so...yeah.

I wouldn't be suprised if Lu X could triple 245 on FS, given how easily he stands up with 230. He is the strongest 77 by a lot. Does anyone know how much he can clean? It must be a great deal more than what he can jerk.
    Last edited by jb4476; 12-07-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Originally Posted by Smolovicus View Post
    [youtube]37pJ2OHeKpM[youtube]

[youtube]aGIWv7dGAzY[youtube]

I see that Ivan's "knee" is better.

Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wouldn't be suprised if Lu X could triple 245 on FS, given how easily he stands up with 230. He is the strongest 77 by a lot. Does anyone know how much he can clean? It must be a great deal more than what he can jerk.
    that would be nice to know, 211 for sure since he did it at the 2011 Worlds.

I think in an interview post-London he mentioned 215 jerk was something he hadn't done yet...so I imagine he might have cleaned 215 in training.

I see that Ivan's "knee" is better.
    lolz

Set a rep PR, front squatting 134/295 for a double tonight after doing ascending triples up to 275 for sets. Went for a PR with 143/315 and didn't catch a bounce, had to dump it. Felt bad man.

315, I'm coming for that ass.

Originally Posted by Robination View Post
    that would be nice to know, 211 for sure since he did it at the 2011 Worlds.

I think in an interview post-London he mentioned 215 jerk was something he hadn't done yet...so I imagine he might have cleaned 215 in training.
    His coach says they don't even bother pushing the clean anymore since his jerk is where his inconsistencies are at.
    112.5 snatch
    131 cj

Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    His coach says they don't even bother pushing the clean anymore since his jerk is where his inconsistencies are at.
    think we'll see him break the cnj record? or see him in Rio?

or both?

^ He will probably be good for 210+ in competition soon, but I don't think he'll be the first one to hit 2011. If Sah's elbow didn't slow down his training too much I could see him setting a new CJ record next year.
    112.5 snatch
    131 cj

Has anyone heard from Sa since his injury? How's he doing now?

schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Guys I REALLY ****ed up my back in hockey today. High impact sliding on the ice into the boards. Ass took all the impact as I was trying to get up and my spine just compressed like crazzyyy. Intenseeee muscle spasm. I though I ****ed my spine up bad initially. Couldn't breathe or move much. The pain is in my mid back. Spinal erectors are ****in inflamed and tight as hell more so the right one.. No joke I wonder how I would have faired if I didn't have such a strong back from weightlifting...considering how bad it is.

I currently can't bend my back over unless I put my hands on my knees. If I fractured a vertebrae or can't lift for while I'm gonna cry, srs.
    Snatch: 122
    CJ: 142

Log: http://adamkosna.blogspot.com/

strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    if Lu X jerks are so inconsistent then why does he squat jerk? would make sense to use split jerk instead if jerk is far behind clean wouldn't it?

Page 344 of 580 FirstFirst ... 244 294 334 342 343 344 345 346 354 394 444 ... LastLast